Eskaton Village Grass Valley - Grass Valley, CA

Of the 21 places in the area I contacted in and around Auburn, Eskaton/Grass Valley offers the highest possible level of care for my Mom, who has dementia.
Because there is no family in CA, it's quite difficult to arrange for my Mom's 24-hr care when my Dad unexpectedly ends up in the hospital - she does not wander but cannot be left alone long. Many places would only allow her to live in Memory Care, but my Dad would never agree to that since Assisted Living is already a hard pill to swallow when he wishes they could be in Independent.
When an emergency arises, Eskaton says they will keep my Mom in Memory Care during the day, and tuck her in her own bed each night with hourly checks until my Dad is able to return.
This is beyond awesome, far more than any other place I talked to said they could do - we hope my Dad agrees to move to Eskaton! My sister toured there with him and talked to residents who said they love it there, and she thought it was a very nice facility.

One of my favorite communities!!

This was one of my favorite communities that my family and I had looked at for my mother to go. They had a lot of great things to offer all of there residents and everything was nicely maintained and kept very clean. I would have wanted my mother to go here she just wanted more of a residential living then an assisted living.

It's been pleasant!

The experience has been very positive from the moment we initiated contact with Eskaton Village. The staff have been great and Mom really likes the food! I greatly appreciate A Place For Mom for helping me find such a great place for my mother. Sue [last name removed] was amazing and followed through with finding a perfect fit for my mother! I am very happy over all!

Very friendly community and staff!

Although I can not really rate Value and Care services overall I would say its nice. The people are friendly and I've met a lot of people there.

Very Respectful

They were really good. It was very clean. I'm not sure what the final bill came out too becuase my father is the one paying. From what I remember, we felt that the cost was okay but on the high end of okay.

My understanding is that they are happy with the level of care for my mom. Any issues that we've had have been more of a misunderstanding on my dad's part of what they are supposed to provide. My mom is in the assisted living and the caregivers show up every coupde of hours which is what they're supposed to do but my dad thought they were coming around too much.

The food was okay - it was better than the nursing home food she had. Overall I would recommend it. They were always respectful and treated my mother very well.

Nestled in tree-covered hills, Eskaton Village Grass Valley meets the preferences of seniors seeking maintenance-free living in an historic foothill location.

Eskaton Village Grass Valley is situated on 42 acres in a quiet residential area but within a short distance of medical, shopping and recreational resources. It is adjacent to the Litton Trail for those who enjoy extended walks. A shared boundary with the Nevada County campus of Sierra College provides easy access to educational opportunities. Several churches are close, and a golf course and tennis club are nearby.

Freedom from maintenance. Eskaton Village Grass Valley is maintained by Eskaton and the Eskaton-managed homeowners association. Residents need not be concerned with landscaping, lawn care, snow removal or exterior home maintenance and repairs. For apartment residents, interior maintenance is included as well.

Service-rich retirement community and home ownership. Eskaton partnered with Treasure Homes, a Roseville-based home-builder, to construct the patio homes and sell them directly to Eskaton Village residents. An Eskaton-managed homeowners association provides exterior maintenance, emergency response, on-site shuttle and other services to homeowners. New residents may purchase homes from current owners.

Apartment living. The Lodge at Eskaton Village Grass Valley offers 80 apartments that include a variety of services as well as rent and utilities in the monthly fee.