Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park - Cameron Park, CA

I'm sorry I couldn't have helped her more.

My mother was placed in this Eskaton in 2016, and passed away in February 2018. During the time she was there she sustained approx. 10 falls, the last one face first on the bathroom floor, where she laid for some length of time before she was found with a fatal brain bleed. My sister had medical control of our mother, so any complaints or concerns I had were just seen as meddling. I was never called or informed of my mother's many falls, I would find out from my mother, or from a bandaged cut, or broken bone. In fact, as time went on, I felt entirely unwelcome there. I limited my visits to Sunday afternoons when I could avoid hostile staff... the Sunday staff was great.
Small requests of mine were completely ignored. My mother lost a great deal of weight, and she didn't want to eat. I asked if she could have a protein shake for a snack. I was never given an answer. I asked if she could have a vitamin pill... her doctor refused to acknowledge me or my request. She never got either.
Her death was by far the worst of it... because she was so frail, but wanted to get out of bed. She needed round the clock care during those final weeks, but didn't get it. I came in during evenings to find her alone, and/or blocked into her bed with furniture. She needed someone there, but only got it part of the time.
I've worked full time in the medical field for 30 years. I know what my mother should have had, and I am so sorry I couldn't make it happen.

Eskaton made choosing assisted living much easier...

my husband's father moved to Eskaton a couple of weeks ago. We are very pleased with his care and the attentiveness and helpfulness of all the staff. His room is kept very clean, his appearance and clothing are clean and he seems happy.
It has been a huge adjustment for him, having lived with us for quite awhile and they have made it a priority to make him feel welcomed and at home.

Review of Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park - Cameron Park, CA

This facility is like a very nice hotel all the amenities in room monitoring beautiful full service friendly convenient. Was everything we needed for my Mom. Worth the extra expense for the nursing care.

A Fine Community

My father is doing fine since his moved into Eskaton Lodge he seems to be doing well. The community is very nice looking and clean I have never had any problems with that. The staff has been helpful and kind to us and very accommodating. The food is nice and pretty tasty, he seems to like it. Overall it has been a good experience and we are pleased with everything.

Wonderful Experience

This is my third experience with a family member being at Eskaton and they are a very friendly staff. The nurse is wonderful who is taking extra care of my mother-in-law, she is just wonderful. I just cannot ask for any more cooperation. It's been a wonderful experience. The kitchen staff is very friendly.

nice place

As far as areas for improvement: They did not explain the laundry service very well at first, and it is certainly not cheap.

Other than that the experience with Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park has been a positive one. Really nice place with very friendly helpful staff.

Welcome home to Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park, nestled in the picturesque Sierra Nevada foothills just east of Sacramento, below the snow and above the fog. Cameron Park offers a small town feel, yet all the amenities you might need. Nearby is the neighborhood shopping center….with a supermarket, drug store and restaurants. Marshall medical offices and labs are just a short walk away. Our residents enjoy our beautifully landscaped grounds complete with walking paths, picnic areas and vegetable gardens planted by our residents. Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park provides all the comforts of home, plus all the assistance our residents may need to remain independent.

Supportive independence is our philosophy. That is why we offer our residents the services and levels of care they need to remain as independent as possible. Our residents have a personalized care plan tailored specifically for them. Residents and their families have peace of mind knowing our around the clock care staff, medical technicians and a licensed vocational nurse are on hand to help.

Eskaton Lodge Cameron Park has 49 private studio apartment suites with private bathrooms and optional kitchenettes. Our residents enjoy the friendly, family feel of the lodge…..while their families appreciate the safety and security. You’ll often find our residents socializing in our cozy living room in front of the fireplace, or exploring the walking paths of our lovely gardens.