The Kensington at White Plains - White Plains, NY

Ilse pace care

My mother was a 2 year resident and received all the attention and care that we hoped for. Staff were unfailingly helpful as when she had to be twice taken to the hospital. Staff accompanied her and stayed with her until I could arrive 1 hour later. Staff kept me apprised of my mother's condition and was helpful when we decided to call in hospice.

Teh Best Place for Mom

I moved my mother here after she had a disastrous experience at a nursing home. She needed to be at the nursing home, but when she became well enough to be discharged, they did not tell us. Prior to that she was at a different assisted living facility that has similar capabilities to The Kensington. Our experience at the Kensington has been excellent. They made every effort to make my mother feel welcome. They are taking good care of her, and unlike the prior two facilities, she has no complaints! She likes the food, and enjoys the entertainment and happy hour!

The property is nice and th...

The property is nice and they do have a small garden area, but it is urban and I agree mom would prefer something with more land. I also thought their memory care was crowded and expensive (many shared rooms, which I am certain mom would not like). Not likely a solution.

It looked beautiful.

It looked beautiful but was even more expensive than the one we went with. The woman there was very helpful she was ready to go home when we arrived but she took us in the room anyway and told us what to look for even though we couldn't afford it there.

Good medical care

Expensive, but the care and concern are both there.

Luxury Hotel

The director was very impressive they were just wonderful. She took the time to explain every little detail. I felt like the residents here needed a higher level of care then what we were looking for. The community was very nice and the staff was very friendly. It felt like a luxury hotel.

Ms.Rosenberg very professio...

Ms.Rosenberg very professional. Staff friendly.Limited outdoor space,view of garage. We felt the 'Studio' was small, more like a bedroom. Lovely surroundings & decor overall. I'm afraid it may be out of our price range once the fees for assisted living levels added.

Nice, highend, does not have on site ...

Nice, highend, does not have on site Physical therapy yet, in urban setting

Representative From The Kensington

Hi,
You will be happy to know that since your last visit to our community, we have added many wonderful amenities. We have Fox Rehabilitation therapy on-site including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, 7 days per week. Through this same in-house organization, we offer the Fox Optimal Living Program for our residents. Through this Program, group wellness classes are scheduled for each resident in addition to one-on-one exercise sessions throughout the day, 5 days per week. We would like to invite you to our community to see all of our enhancements. Please contact us to schedule an appointment and ask for Jeanne Rosenberg or Kathy Gorup.
-Brenda Moynihan, Director of Marketing & Outreach

17 apts. 24 hr nurses cna's for perso...

17 apts. 24 hr nurses cna's for personal care. Activity staff til 8 at night. Dr in house twice a week. No intereaction with Assisted Living part of community. Field trips.

Representative From The Kensington

Hi,
Since you wrote your review, you will be happy to know that we have added many new amenities to our community. For example, we currently have 11 physicians plus additional clinicians coming to our building using our doctor's office, for the benefit of our residents. We would like to have you visit our community to view the many wonderful additions to our building. Please contact Jeanne Rosenberg or Kathy Gorup for a tour of our community and a chance to catch up. They can be reached at [removed].
-Brenda Moynihan, Director of Marketing & Outreach

The Kensington is an enhanced assisted living and memory care residence located in the heart of White Plains, NY. It is the realization of a vision of passionate leaders in the senior living industry.

Residents do not need to move out of The Kensington if assisted living health care needs change or increase because we are able to offer a full spectrum of clinical support. Seniors can truly age in place! We believe the comfort of familiarity is precious, so our unique enhanced assisted living license enables us to offer care beyond what the traditional assisted living community can deliver.

For those with memory loss, The Kensington offers two levels of care in specially designed neighborhoods. Connections is for residents in the early to middle stages of memory loss. Haven is for those in the middle to late stages. Our multifaceted program is geared to support not only residents but also their families.