Atria Woodlands - Ardsley, NY

I was given a wonderful tour of the facility, and the staff spent a great deal of time with me to learn about my mom's needs and personality. I was so impressed by the quality of the staff, facility, and programming.

NEGLECTED MY FATHER

NO COMPASSION, NEGLECTED MY FATHER. ATRIA OF ARDSLEY, NEW YORK. SENT MY FATHER, [name removed], 82 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME, AND HAD ADVANCED ALZHEIMERS, TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM AT MIDNIGHT, ALONE. YES ALONE! WHO DOES THAT? WOULD YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOUR PARENT AND YOU GET A CALL AT 1AM TELLING YOU THEY SENT HIM OFF ON AN AMBULANCE BY HIMSELF?? I GOT TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY HAD HIM TIED UP TO A WHEELCHAIR. HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON. ALL OF THIS DUE TO DEHYDRATION, SOMETHING ATRIA SHOULD HAVE BEEN CARING FOR, HIS WATER INTAKE.

Kate Vance

Alison, thank you for your feedback. While we cannot publicly discuss details related to any of our current or former residents, we can say that our residents’ safety and overall well-being are our top priorities. I’ve passed your message along to the appropriate members of our leadership team. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to send us a note at [removed].

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints of the tour I had taken at this community. I ended up not choosing this place for personal reasons and thought the staff selection was just not my favorite.

Tour for mom and dad's care

We toured this community this community for care for my parents. We liked the cleanliness. They offer a lot of healthy meals with a nice variety. They have a good list of activities for the residents. We would recommend this community to others. We wanted a closer location at the time.

Great Amenities!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for myself for my future living arrangements and I was really pleased with how things went. The staff where very informative and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked that entire place in general and have no bad things to say about my experience. I am looking forward to the possible move into this place.

We toured this community for care. We were very impressing with the tour and the staff who were very nice and able to answer the questions we had. The community is clean and well maintained. the variety of healthy meals seems appealing. We would recommend this community for the good care for a loved one.

Fabulous place!

I cannot begin to explain how fabulous this facility is! I simply cannot get over it, everything is going so great! The facility is beautiful and the staff are right on top of things! They are sure to keep my mother engaged and active on a day to day basis. This is a wonderful facility!

Concerns

Mom has only been at Atria Woodlands since September. The management has been barely responsive or not all responsive to my family or my Mom's needs.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. I work at our National Support Center and would like to help. If you'd like to tell me more, you can email me directly at [removed].

Very disappointing

Totally agree with those who say that caring is mostly absent from this atria. ..especially from caretakers & top management..
My father has been here for Some time & there really is not much good I can say. And like others we can't move him now. It's run like a hotel- clean room (barely)- wash clothes.. their job is done! Lots of staff leave too -- guess they can't take it.
Always looking for ways to charge more.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for sharing your valuable feedback. I encourage you to reach out to your Executive Director to discuss how we can make your experience better - she can be reached at [removed].

A Pleasant Tour

This is a lovely community, and my tour was very pleasant. From what I saw the community looked clean, and well-kept. The staff was friendly and kind - both to me and among the residents. There were many factors that played into our family's decision for moving our mother. While the facility has much to offer, it wasn't our perfect fit.

Disappointing

The overall culture needs a serious review from top management to aides. It is run too much like a business and that resonates throughout. The high cost no where matches the care received. Front desk staff in both buildings are lovely and responsive. The nursing staff and aides seem to be there only for a paycheck. Atria needs to seriously look at this with respect to the elderly residents and making them feel comfortable and wanted. Atria needs to put top people in operations who are efficient and responsive, and they should bring in a consultant to do a review of the Nursing department, from Director down. Although the costs are extremely high, The facility is under staffed resulting in unhappy workers, which filters through to the elderly residents.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. Your feedback is important to us, and we take all concerns seriously. I encourage you to give our Executive Director, a call at [removed]. She would be happy to talk in more detail and is in the best position to address your concerns.

totally disappointed and frustrated

agree that they promise lots more than they deliver. don't believe it! some of the positive reviews are based on tours and visits, not actual experience of a resident or family. that's not even valid.
all they're interested in is raising fees and adding extra services that should be included in standard care. money hungry!
very poor responsiveness from top management; calls or e mails not returned.
barely include families in any activities as in most other facilities.
they just do what they want and don't answer to any one.

Katy Miller

We’re sorry if you feel unheard and have shared your concerns with our leadership. Please feel free to reach us directly at [removed] and we will be sure to respond to your concerns in a timely fashion.

Great - but pricy - independent living

We moved our fiercely independent 95 yr old into the atria in ARDSLEY after living in a 3 story walk up apt in queens for over 50 years. While still anxious about all her things, she has settled in nicely. The activities, front desk & the dining room staff all go out of their way to welcome a new resident. The dining room has set hours - which is good - and there is a concerted effort to have different dining companions at each meal to build friendships. The activities staff members go out of their way to include everyone & are very responsive and caring. Instead of being cooped up in a horrid apt, our family member leaves for breakfast & is busy with trips, meals and activities until bedtime. She has friends that seek her out & says she is happy. There are dr on site & assisted living building is on the same campus.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Atria Woodlands has been a good one, overall. The staff is friendly, and they've been very responsive to any questions or suggestions that we have had. The Mon-Fri nursing staff do a great job, they're always really on top of things. I would recommend them to other families looking into care in the area.

Not a great fit for us

I think in terms of care and safety Atria Woodlands has a lot to offer, but it was not a good fit for our loved one. The residents here seemed to be more on the high end of the care needs scale, and our loved one just was not at this point yet. The cost was also very high for someone who did not need this level of care yet.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting Atria Woodlands. We appreciate your feedback and invite you to come back any time. If you'd like to share more information with us about your visit, please reach out to us at [removed].

March 2015

Staff is very good and receptive. It would be helpful if they gave you a list of who is in charge of what if you need to call with a question or request. My mom's room has lots of natural light. One negative is there seems to be no outdoor space to be outside except for right in front of the building. Would be nice if there were a garden area -

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review Atria Woodlands. Feedback from our residents and families helps us continue to enhance the quality of services we provide. If you have any other suggestions or ideas, we welcome you to share them with us directly at [removed].

Mixed experience

We had somewhat of a mixed experience with Atria Woodlands. The facility itself seemed nice enough, it was well kept and clean. However, my loved one was not happy here. He did not feel he was getting much attention or compassion from the staff.

SO THEY CARE

MY FAMILY MEMBER HAS BEEN HERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR. FIR IS HOW I WOULD DESCRIBE THE EXPERIENCE. CARING IS FACADE. TAKING YOUR MONEY THEY LIKE TO DO. YES, MEDIOCRE MEALS ARE SERVED. WHAT I FIBD SHOCKING IS THAT AT THE SENIOR AGE BRACKET THAT THEY USE SO MUCH SALT AND ETC IN THEIR FOOD. MOST EVERYONE HAS RESTRICTIONS BY THAT AGE. TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED UP UNITL 4P ON WEEKDAYS. THAT IS HELPFUL. ACTIVITIES HERE ARE OVERRATED AND THYE DO A FAIR JOB ENCOURAGING. THEY ADMINISTRATION IS A DISAPPOINTMENT. AS I MENTIONED CARING IS A FACADE AND I JUST FEEL THAT THEY SHOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY A BIT MORE WITH THEIR RESIDENTS FOR THE PRICE THAT IS PAID.

disappointing

totally agree that director or most management don't really care about residents, only about profit. nursing staff inadequate. checked out some online...what an eye opener...
they do not encourage socilaization among residient.
little communication with residents & family
all in all very mediocre - less than average

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our community. Atria sets high standards for all communities and we take customer feedback very seriously. We welcome the opportunity to connect with you directly to gain a better understanding of your and your family member’s experience. Please reach out via [email protected], including “Atria Woodlands” in your subject line so we may quickly put you in touch with the right people who can help. We appreciate your feedback and are here to help.

Don't Be Seduced

Don't be seduced by the pretty landscaping and the
homey architecture. My parent has been in the "Memory
Care Unit" for quite some time. They are terribly under
staffed for the amount of people that they care for. I have
tried many times to tell the management about the care
and they just say that they are hiring more staff but it just
stays the same or is getting worse. The manager of the unit
has blinders on his windows of his office so you can't tell
if he is there or not. I don't think he wants to look out to see what is really going on. Atria just does not seem to care about how people feel. I have had conversations with other
residents families and they say the same thing, totally unresponsive. I am totally disappointed by the overall
experience provided. They promise you so much and for the
cost it should be so much better.

Kate Vance

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are so sorry to hear of your disappointment and of the communication issues you are experiencing and would like to connect with you personally to make sure they are addressed and you are feeling heard and valued. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed] including “Atria Woodlands” so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Very nice looking community

This was a very nice looking place! I toured a few Atria communities, and I was impressed by all of them. All of the staff here were very friendly and helpful during the tour, and from what I saw the care and activities appeared to be very good. We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This community was a bit larger, and also slightly more expensive, than what we were interested in however.

Be careful about the Atria Woodlands!

My father has lived at the Atria Woodlands for 6 years. In the beginning it was o.k. It has become a place where no one seems to care and the director seems to care even less. The facility has been under lock down in the last week due to some bug, with nothing being done about it other than serving bad meals to the residents three times a day in their rooms. This is a horrible situation without a solution. Be very careful about this place. I have no choice at this point. My father is there and I can't move him. There is no communication with family and the price keeps on going up every year for no good reason. This is a captive audience and they take full advantage of it. What a shame!

Kate Vance

Your comments regarding this situation and lack of communication are very concerning to us. We would like to discuss this matter with you personally to get a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us directly at [removed], including “Atria Woodlands” in the subject line.

Atria Woodlands review

I don't think the staff do anything to encourage socialization among the residents.

This is really sad because I imagine it leaves the residents feeling lonely and isolated.

What is needed is professional social work intervention to connect people of similar interests and similar abilities.

Atria Woodlands should research other facilities to see how they deal with this crucial issue.

LaDawn K.

I appreciate your feedback on our community, and I would like to address your concern regarding the perceived lack of interaction among our residents. We offer over 200 engaging events and social opportunities each month. In fact, several activities each week have the specific purpose of encouraging connection between residents with similar interests. We love to hear suggestions from our residents, families, and visitors. If you are willing to share specific details on your experience with us, please email [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We are also happy to send you a calendar of events any time, or you can download it on our website at www.atriawoodlands.com.

An excellent experience at the Artia Woodlands

My father-in-law has resided at Atria Woodlands since August. This experience has provided him the socialization that living at home was no longer able to give him following the passing of my mother-in-law. He goes to each meal, a highlight of each day, knowing that he will have company and conversation while dining on food that he truly enjoys. He has proclaimed the chicken soup to be the best he has ever had, other than his wife's, of course. He also enjoys the musical events offered during the day and the evening movies. He has blossomed since coming to the Atria.

I can not offer enough positive comments in describing the professionalism and kindness offered by every staff member, from the caring women who help him during the day, to the waiters and waitresses in the dining room, to the wonderful drivers who bring my father-in-law to his medical appointments, to the friendly staff who greet you at the front door, to the social worker who is always available to offer assistance, and to the nurses and physician in the Wellness Center who have provided extremely thorough and tender care.

Very impressed with the pro...

Very impressed with the property, the surroundings. The staff was lovely & friendly. I think it would be too expensive for my mom.

location not good and still expensive

location not good and still expensive

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I’m very sorry that our location was not convenient for you. There may be another Atria community closer to you, or if the distance was not the issue, we would appreciate any details you could provide on why the location was not suitable. We would appreciate you contacting us at [removed] so that we can continue this conversation (please be sure to include the Atria community name in the subject line).

Alarm system works throughout entire ...

Alarm system works throughout entire building, not just in apartment. care unit -- homey, nice. 25 residents. director -very competent

We went for a tour. The Director keep...

We went for a tour. The Director keeps in touch with me. She is kind and caring, offering sugguestions

feels a bit institutional

feels a bit institutional

LaDawn K.

I appreciate your review and I would like to hear more about what might have caused you to perceive our community as institutional. We are often described as having a “warm” and “homey” feel and we certainly want our residents and guests to feel comfortable with us. We welcome your suggestions as we constantly strive toward that goal. If you are willing to expand upon your feedback, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line. And we hope you will come visit us again soon!

Nice apartments. Going for a second v...

Nice apartments. Going for a second visit. Expensive...pricing makes no sense...changes with the wind.

LaDawn K.

I’m so glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant. We strive to exceed expectations every day and we welcome any suggestions that you may have. In regards to the pricing, we do have fluctuations from time to time, but we are always happy to explain the costs in detail so that everything is clear. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

At Atria Woodlands, you’ll find an array of services and amenities to help you enjoy life and stay connected with your community. Whether it’s a leisurely breakfast in the bistro, a workout in our state-of-the-art fitness center, or a stimulating educational seminar, you can be as busy or relaxed as you wish. Atria Woodlands features the largest wellness center in Westchester County—doctors and physical therapists affiliated with Dobbs Ferry Hospital are available on-site.