Atria Rye Brook - Rye Brook, NY

Great Place

Staff seemed great and attentive. The management was very helpful in answering questions, It was spotless in there as well and it was a very new building. Although we didn't choose this place cause it was just to big I would recommend this place.

Good care for mom and dad

We are happy that we found this community. My parents like the staff who are caring for their needs. We like the menu of the good variety with healthy choices. I like knowing that they are trying to participate with the other residents. We have recommended this community for the good care and the excellent value.

Reconsider

DON"T MOVE THERE!----My mom moved back to NY to be near family. When she first moved in to Atria Rye Brook, the facility was well run, had a fully stocked cafe with snacks replenished throughout the day and a decent restaurant. Not anymore! The snacks are gone. The restaurant is awful and The Cafe only has awful coffee or lukewarm tea, no snacks. Every year the rent increased over 3% and the quality went downhill. At holiday times, they used to invite family members (for free) for dinners or lunches. Now the parties only include the residents, (maybe a desert only party for Halloween or Christmas). THere used to be family barbecues for the 4th of July & Labor Day. Those celebrations no longer include families.

The windows in the apartments are all broken. They don't open. If they do, they won't close. Frequently the heat & a/c are broken. The infrastructure needs to be replaced. It was poorly designed and very cheaply built. The individual heat or a/c units in the apartments are VERY noisy & inefficient.

My biggest complaint however, is the other component,ATRIA HOME CARE, which runs the optional home health agency in the building. Although it is very convenient to have this on-site agency, the quality of the care is questionable in many ways. The agency is understaffed and poorly run. Many of the aides are not well trained to deal with the personalities and problems of senior citizens. There is only one licensed nurse on staff, and no one is there at night. Absenteism is a problem and they don't have enough staff to cover the needs of the residents on a daily basis. THe billing system for Atria Home Care sends out [Removed], inflated bills and doesn't check the accuracy of their own accounting. They use a phone system to track the charges for Atria Home Care. The system frequently overcharges for the service and if you don't check the bills line by line you could be overcharged thousands of dollars. NO ONE CARES. This agency needs to be reported to the Better Business Bureau in Westchester County. If money managers or insurance companies are paying these bills, without carefully checking the charges with the residents, I am sure the bills are frequently wrong.
Atria Home Care is not an agency you want to hire to care for your loved ones. Stay away, they are not caring or nurturing, they are just a business in place to make money. Atria Rye Brook is a residence that costs a ton of money and barely delivers.

Kate Vance

Hi Sophie, thank you for reaching out. I’m sad to hear that you haven’t had the experience you expected, and your comments concern me. I’d like to help, and ask that you connect with me directly at [removed]. From there, I can better understand your frustrations and determine who is best positioned to address them.

Kate Vance

Kind Staff!!

I have no complaints about my tour I had taken of this community. The staff where very kind and I did not feel pressured into anything which I was thankful for. I liked the open floor plan they had with a variety of activities available for all of the residents. Overall it was a great place and I was pleased with how things went.

My mom went back after one day but she didn't want to stay there. It was wonderful and they did a good job. They were friendly. They were wonderful and they tried to make her very comfortable.

Atria Rye Brook is a beautiful facility. The staff that greeted me and gave me the tour were very helpful and informative. I give this place 5 stars for sure.

Disaster!

The community has been under a quarantine for close to two weeks, and has been completely mishandled!
Many of my meals are served 3-4 hours late, some residents have missed meal delivery completely, due to incompetence. Most times the orders are incomplete, or incorrect, and the menu has been significantly reduced, with very few options. We are very unhappy with how this unpleasant situation has been handled.
The community has had serious problems with the dining for years. Meals are delayed and served cold, due to a shortage of staff, with little to no training.
Many of us have been in contact with management, but we have witnessed NO change. Rates are very high, but we have reduced services. The problems are not limited to the dining room, but also to other areas of the community. I do not understand why/how this is allowed to continue!!!!!!!

Disgruntled Resident

After 2.5 years, I am disappointed with my daily visit to the dining room.
Issues with the dining:
Service is understaffed and untrained - Incorrect orders and slow service
Food is routinely served cold, and at times inedible
Buffet service is served most weekends, unless sufficient staff shows up for work - Buffet service is very difficult for those with walkers and wheelchairs
Many of the resident feel the same, as there is constant complaining about the dining room. The problem has been discussed with management many, many times, by the majority of the residents, but it falls on deaf ears. Corporate does not seem to care. Hoping for better results.

Katy Miller

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out to share your concerns. We're excited to bring in a new chef who looks forward to speaking with all of our residents about their dining preferences and improving our culinary services. If there is anything else you'd like to share with me, or any other way I can help, please feel free to send me an email at [removed].

Fed Up!

My thoughts mimic Concerned Daughter. The dining room is a complete disaster. My mother has been at Atria for 13 months, and if it weren't for the dining room, she would be much happier. The food is at best mediocre and is usually served cold. There is a never enough staff, and so waiting times can be very long. Staff is untrained and is regularly getting orders wrong. The weekends are even worse, as the only option for dining, is buffet - which is usually poor and limited. The problem has been addressed with the Director, over and over - by everyone - but nothing ever seems to change. The residents at the community are extremely unhappy about this situation, and cannot understand why this is so difficult to correct.

Katy Miller

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. Feedback from our Atria family members helps us feedback to continually drive improvements to our services. Each of our communities undergoes a detailed Quality Enhancement review at least once a year to assess performance categories, including the culinary experience. Unfortunately it seems our efforts still may have fallen short of expectations. I'm very sorry to hear that. If you'd like to tell me more, please email me at [removed]. That way, I can share this information with those who are best positioned to address the matter.

I would recommend Atria Rye Brook!!!!

While the food at Atria is just above average the rest of the community is 5 stars all the way. The staff are very attentive to the residents and their families. They offer a wide variety of activities such as musical and cultural events and various outings. My sister stayed at this community for respite care and it is very nice and well maintained.

NOT HAPPY!

The food and the dining room management is so bad that I have to say that I would not recommend this place. Although the decor is nice enough and much of the staff is very nice, mealtimes are a nightmare, especially dinner. The food is so bad that my mother often eats hot dogs for dinner because everything else on the menu is covered in some kind of heavy sauce or is just poorly prepared. Often meals are served cold, the bread is stale ant the servers can't get the orders right. When your paying over $7000 a month there is no excuse for this. Often on weekends some of the staff doesn't show up for work and so they have to do a buffet dinner which the residents don't like since many of them use walkers or wheel chairs. The residents have complained to management but nothing changes. Very frustrating!!

Katy Miller

I appreciate you sharing your frustrations. I understand our Executive Director has tried to connect and would like to resolve this together, in person. If there is more I can do to help, please feel free to send me an email at [removed].

Overall Review

The Atria's staff are truly exceptional. They are helpful, attentive, courteous, friendly, cheerful, caring and address all of your needs without hesitation. Atria is nicely decorated.....has adequate parking.....and many of the dining room choices are tasty and attractively plated. Security is a priority right down to checking in and out with every visit. There is a gym but maybe they could use a few more exercise classes. When looking for a senior residence, I would definitely include them in my search.

Happy, Active and Positive

The Professionalism of the staff, from the nurses to the doctors, and other staff members was so positive and energetic. I feel like it made the mood of the residents better and more positive. Everyone seemed very happy and active.

Compassionate, caring staff

Overall I think Atria Rye Brook did a fantastic job with the care they provided to my loved ones. We had a few issues with some of the services they provided, the main issue being the quality of the food and lack of the 24/7 availability they promised initially. However, they more than made up for that with the incredible care they showed my mother. When it became clear she was nearing the end of her life they really stepped up and went above and beyond for her. The staff was extraordinarily attentive and caring, very accommodating, and worked extremely well with the hospice service.

full kitchens, washer/dryer, walking distance, friends there, drive to appointments, weekly housekeeping

Very nice place, overall!

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but other than a few minor snags things have gone very well with Atria Rye Brook! Physically the community is gorgeous. It's bright and spacious, and the common areas have are well laid out and comfortable. And the staff, from the sales staff to the aides, have all been very friendly and easy to work with. They also do a great job with the food, from the meals we have had they are definitely above average! And, as an added bonus, residents of this Atria have access to the pool of the gated community next door!

Sleep Away Camp for Seniors

My wife and I have been guests at the Atria Rye Brook for seven months. Last fall, I spent a month investigating various options for us and felt that this was the best choice for us.
It was hard to get used to living in an apartment again. It's a lot smaller than the home we left. We have less furniture than we used to have and the pieces of furniture we do have are closer together. There is enough room for the two of us though and we can even entertain a few people in our apartment, as long as it's only one or two.

The building is attractive on the outside and even nicer on the inside. The building is kept scrupulously clean.

The thing people here complain about most is the dining room. They try to provide variety on the menu but it does get a bit repetitive sometimes. There are always a lot of choices available, but only a few of them change from day to day. The food ranges from OK to pretty good, and I can always something I like. I personally think that people need something to complain about and the food is a good target. There are very few people who look undernourished.

There is a wide variety of activities every day. There are concerts, all sorts of games and contests , current events discussions, arts and crafts sessions, movies and exercise sessions in the gym. I sometimes feel I'm in a sleep away camp rather than a senior citizens residence.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make guests comfortable.

For residents who need extra help there is a home care service on the premises. Residents can have someone help them with various activities such as showering, dressing, doing the laundry, and with getting to the dining room for meals or to activities. Everyone's room is cleaned once a week.

After living here for seven months I feel I made the right choice about a place to stay.

They were gorgeous!

They were gorgeous! I really liked them, and they were willing to work with us financially, which is a nice change of pace. It wasn't a great fit for my loved one though. The residents were a little younger, and there were a lot of couples. They had full kitchens in the room, which is nice, but I didn't think my loved one would go down to eat in the dining room as often if that was the case.

I think they do a pretty good job.

I think they do a pretty good job. The physical facility itself is very nice in appearance. It's a good looking facility, and I think relatively new. It's kept clean and the staff is friendly. They did have a small issue with food service, but they worked on it and I believe it has been resolved.

Looked very nice

This was a very nice looking place! We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I toured a few Atria communities, and I was impressed by all of them. All of the staff here were very friendly and helpful during the tour, and from what I saw the care and activities appeared to be very good. This community was a bit larger, and also slightly more expensive, than what we were interested in however.

We like this place best so ...

We like this place best so far for a short-term stay for Mom, and it looks like it could have long-term potential. Barb Mattesich was great. We left a $1,000 deposit and we're trying to get Mom to try Rye Brook for a month.

Staff honest and upfront

We looked at a number of communities and we selected Atria Rye Brook because their staff really seemed like they cared about the residents. They were always very honest and upfront. The community is a very pretty area. They do what they say they are going to do down to the smallest detail. They have no complaints from me. Not only would I recommend them to anyone but I already have recommended them.

I saw it; liked it.

I saw it; liked it.

Spoke to contact at Atria & received ...

Spoke to contact at Atria & received info package. Looks very nice. Monthly cost: $6195 for 1 bedroom.

At Atria Rye Brook, you’ll have countless opportunities to socialize and learn through a full calendar of activities. Visit our pottery studio complete with potter's wheel and kiln, on-site hair salon and barber shop, media room with large-screen TV and year-round indoor and outdoor pools.