The Bristal at Armonk - Armonk, NY

Outstanding Commitment

My parents were residents at The Bristal and everyone in the community was incredibly committed to making sure their time at The Bristal was enjoyable.

The staff and the senior leadership are highly committed to making sure each resident is cared for, and is also heard in terms of any concerns they have.

My Dad's care was complex and I was continually impressed with the time and effort that the staff and senior leaders spent working on finding the best way to meet his needs.

I would highly recommend The Bristal to anyone who is looking for an Assisted-Living Facility.

Very Nice Facility

So far everything is working out well for my sister with her move to this community. This is a nice, safe facility, and she is doing well. The staff is good, and taking good care of her. She has only been here for a few weeks, but so far we have no complaints, or problems with this community. It is a very nice facility, and I would recommend it.

Dad is doing well!!

My dad has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff are attentive to his needs and I am comfortable with him in there care. He is really enjoying the meals the chef has prepared for him and the dinning experience with the other residents. They have a great activity program with lots of things to keep them busy throughout the day. Overall I am pleased with this place and would recommend it to anyone.

We have no complaints

When I visit the staff seem lovely and attentive. Mom seems to like the food and they keep the community clean. They do offer some daily activities to keep the residents active. Mom is in the memory care unit and I would recommend this community.

Bed Bugs

I had a very disappointing experience with this community. I was not impressed with the care they provided my mother with. She ended up getting bed bugs, and I had to move her to another community. I did find one that suited our needs better.

ellen antonucci

At The Bristal at Armonk, as in all our communities, we are committed to creating a loving, caring and safe assisted living environment, one that is not only warm and friendly for all residents, but also complies to the highest order of cleanliness, hygiene and health. We have never had an issue with bedbugs at The Bristal in Armonk. In fact, we invest heavily in continuous training, tools and resources across all communities of The Bristal, not only for our maintenance and facility teams, but also for all staff members — ensuring we maintain a quality environment that any resident or family member, in every way, would be proud to call home.

This month, The Bristal Assisted Living has proudly opened its 14th community in the tristate area, and several additional communities are due to open before year’s end. Occupation remains at or near 100% across our communities, confirming the high-level of care and exceptional lifestyle today’s families seek, and for which The Bristal has been known to deliver since opening more than 15 years ago. It is this singular experience that continues to set The Bristal apart within the neighborhoods and communities we serve.

All team members of The Bristal understand that we are here to serve the needs of our residents first — and to do so with skill, goodwill, passion and compassion. This is more than a goal; it’s our mission.

In addition to the above, we ask you please to consider this: When it comes to making a choice about an assisted living community, we have found over our more than a decade operating that every resident and family has unique and diverse needs — distinct expectations, priorities, perspectives and experiences — and that some aspects which prove essential for some families are less important to others. This is why we encourage all families who are considering The Bristal to visit us in person, take a tour, ask their own questions, and see for themselves what makes us such a successful and sought after senior care solution in the communities we are privileged to serve.

Depressing Atmosphere!!

The Bristal at Armonk was very dark. The nurses all seemed over whelmed and annoyed. The residents were all corralled in a small area during my visit and didn't seem to have many activities which i did not like. The residents also seemed agitated. The overall look was outdated.

Working well so far

Our experience with The Bristal has been a good one, overall. The staff is cooperative and easy to work with, and they've been a big help throughout the whole process. It took a bit for my loved one to get settled in, but now he really seems to be enjoying the place!

MORE LEADERSHIP CHANGE-VERY UNSTABLE!!

Toured for the second time. Residents do not seem happy. New management once again. No stable management staff. Would not recommend visiting.

ellen antonucci

In the business of Assisted Living, having the right team assembled means absolutely everything. Effective recruitment is our top priority at The Bristal, and we never take this essential component of residents’ day-to-day lives lightly. Having opened our first community nearly 15 years ago, we’ve learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t. And when we see an opportunity to improve a community’s team — and create a more enhanced experience for our residents — then, yes, we don’t hesitate to make that change. Does it sometimes require adjustments here and there to create that ideal chemistry between management, staff and residents — and can that period feel transitional at times to residents, families and visitors? Of course, as it would in any organization. But when the end goal is to create not just a comfortable environment for our residents, but a place they call home, then we are willing to risk a little short-term unease to ensure long-term happiness, comfort and confidence. We thank all our residents, families and visitors in advance for honoring this vital process.

In addition, please consider this: When it comes to making a choice about an Assisted Living community, we have found, over our more than a decade operating, that every resident and family has unique and diverse needs — distinct expectations, priorities, perspectives and experiences — and that some aspects which prove essential for some families are less important to others. This is why we encourage all families who are considering The Bristal to visit us in person, take a tour, ask their own questions, and see for themselves what makes us such a successful and sought after senior care solution in the communities we are privileged to serve.

5 Star Service, Wonderful Team of Employees!!

The Bristal provides the utmost in professional, individualized care to its residents and their families. I have had the pleasure of interacting closely with The Bristal team, and the team go to extraordinary means to provide attentive care to each of the residents. With a professional and customer focused Executive Director at the helm, they are able to accomplish this though exceptional communication with each resident and their family members and caregivers, working as a team to create the best care and services possible. The Housekeeping, Wellness Dept. along with their support team, understands the "yes" concept, and how they can serve you. Great building, great team, great atmosphere.

ellen antonucci

Thank you Madaline! The Bristal at Armonk is dedicated to providing the best possible care for our residents and their families, so we are thrilled to hear that we have exceeded these expectations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that all of the hard work we do everyday is appreciated.

5 Star, all the Way!!!!

The Bristal is beautiful, 5 star resort style living. Wonderful grounds, staff responsive, always greeted with a smile by Lesha at the front desk. There has been many changes at the Bristal, but they definitely seem to be heading in the right direction. The level of customer service and response to families and resident have improved dramatically. I believe great leadership comes from the top, and the new Director is setting that high standards for great quality of care. Caring, compassion, respect seems to be the new focus at the Bristal, and we are pleased to continue on this wonderful journey.

ellen antonucci

Thank you LilanJ for the kind words. We're constantly striving to exceed our residents and our families' expectations.

Great Environment-Caring Saff

I'm the son of a resident at the Bristal, and I would like to say such a great place to visit. Staff always attentive and responsive. Management, including the Executive Director knows everyone's name, and always will to help. Care aides go above and beyond, even given the challenges our love ones placed on them everyday. Building is clean and beautiful. Definitely two thumbs up for the team, and you can see they love what they do everyday.

ellen antonucci

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are very glad to hear about your positive experience with our community - we love when families come to visit! And just as you mentioned, we do truly love what we do everyday. That's why our motto is, "It's not just what we do, it's how we do it!"

Change is GOOD!!!!

I am a resident at the Bristal Armonk; I spent a month last year as a respite resident, and decided to return as a permanent resident. First I must say, such an improvement with the new Director, Ms. Johnson. Ms. Johnson is caring, poised, professional, and has the best customer service, and it has apparently trickled down to her staff. The aides are very helpful, along with the wonderful front desk staff.
If there is any problems, we all know to the see the "boss Lady", Ms. Johnson, and things will be resolved. Thank you Bristal, thank you Management.

ellen antonucci

Ruthane - Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are very glad to hear that you have returned to make The Bristal at Armonk your new home. Our staff takes a lot of pride in providing the best possible service in assisted living for our residents, so I know that they will be thrilled to hear your positive feedback.

Very nice. Great walk-in closet in the apartment we looked at. Did not liked "assigned seating at dinner" are we in prison? No transportation to Dr. appointments. High cost. Menu fair

ellen antonucci

While residents are free to sit where they wish during breakfast, there is assigned seating at lunch and dinner, which, of course, can be changed upon request, and there is some flexibility for when they can arrive within a certain time window. This may seem inflexible to some at first blush, but there are very good reasons for this approach. The main reason is that meal times serve as a check-in for residents, so that our staff can know they are okay throughout the day, which is key for our more independent residents, who don’t require much assistance. It’s also a way to avoid that residents dine alone, and it facilitates our dining staff in accommodating individuals with their special mealtime requests and preferences. Also, this kind of structure is a very real part of providing people of advanced ages with consistency, confidence and peace of mind, all of which are comforting. In terms of providing transportation to doctors, The Bristal has a variety of physicians across numerous disciplines and specialties that conveniently come to the community. However, for residents preferring to see their own physicians, the concierge will be happy to arrange a car service. And finally, the menu at The Bristal at Armonk, in fact, is particularly well planned and extensive.

A Work in Progress

The facility is 14 months old and beautiful, like an elegant 5 star hotel, with activities all day long. The staff generally is solicitous and helpful. However, there are many operational problems which lead to unpleasant resident experiences. For instance, the sales person we dealt with was new, and did not inform us or misinformed us of procedures, which got us off to a bad start with other departments. The Bristal procedure is to not provide an itemized receipt for ones initial payment of over $10,000, which seems [not right]. The resident contract omits key operational policies, such as vitamins are considered medication and must be ordered, controlled, and dispensed by the staff, or that OTC "medications" must be dispensed as prescription if a prescription version is available, raising the costs to residents. We are being overcharged for staff care in excess of what is being used, and The Bristal does not justify their care need determination by providing us with the actual amount of hours staff provides services, and for which services. Although the food generally is good, the dining and kitchen staff are unable to deliver resident dining orders accurately and timely. Residents often wait an hour for their meals. The Bristal is an assisted care facility with few driving residents, though they do not provide transportation to doctors, despite a major medical facility just 6 miles away. I am hopeful some of these glitches will be ironed out over time, and services will be more professional.

ellen antonucci

We are always grateful whenever the accommodations and amenities we provide at The Bristal are recognized and appreciated by our residents and families. These extras are certainly part of the quality experience we deliver at The Bristal Assisted Living organization, and they help set our caliber of senior care apart. In terms of providing receipts for initial payments, we don’t do so as a general rule; however, the first invoice all families receive is a fully itemized one, containing a detailed and transparent breakdown of all charges. At The Bristal, we handle the dispensing of vitamins and over-the-counter medications in the same way we do prescription medications, because we are regulated by the New York State Department of Health to do so. All medications being dispensed of any kind must be accounted for in the same way due to interactions and potential contraindications. However, residents that are approved by their physicians to take their own medications are certainly free to do so; however, if The Bristal is dispensing these medications, including vitamins and over-the-counter medicines, then we must do so in strict compliance with New York State Department of Health regulations. Any resident or family member at the Armonk community who feels the care and attention they are receiving does not meet expectation, we encourage them to speak to the Executive Director; that office has an open door policy. In terms of providing transportation to doctors, The Bristal has a variety of physicians across numerous disciplines and specialties that conveniently come to the community. However, for residents preferring to see their own physicians, the concierge will be happy to arrange a car service.

It's good, I would recommend them.

It's good, I would recommend them. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. So far the food has been good. I haven't had any complaints so far. I don't think anyone is perfect, but I would give them four and a half, out of five.

Seems like a nice place!

We toured this community, and overall were very impressed by what we saw here! The cognitive level of the residents seems high, and for the most part they seem able and social. The staff seem attentive and caring, and although they don't need to provide much hands on care they do keep a close eye on everyone.

5 star!

They aren't full with people yet since they just opened in April, so that could be why they don't have a lot of activities yet, but everything else mentioned (cleanliness, friendliness, value, etc) is 5 star!

went well

We had a really good experience with The Bristal at Armonk. Everything went well and we had absolutely no problems at all.

Very nice community

So far our experience with The Bristal at Armonk has been a good one. It is a very nice facility, and the staff have all been friendly and professional. They did an excellent job making my loved one's transition to the facility a smooth one. The residents appear to get a lot of individual attention from the staff, and they've been very responsive and attentive to her needs.

ellen antonucci

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. The team at Armonk will appreciate the kind words.

The bristol at armonk

My dad has been at the Bristol for a little over a week. He had intended on moving in with my mom, but she passed away before that dream became a reality. The staff at the Bristol is incredible, from the executive director to the house keeping staff. They are friendly, compassionate and display an amazing amount of patience. They have all seen my dad's magic tricks at least a dozen times, but display delight and surprise, each time, like it is their first. The building and grounds are beautiful and beautifully maintained. My dad spends at least an hour a day at the gym and is looking foward to the completion of the putting green and the opening of the pool. The place is a bit too quiet for his taste, but he says new people are moving in daily. Our only complaint is that the food is too good and too plentiful. He told me today he would like to take off 5 lbs. I would recommend the Bristol to any family looking for an amazing place for their loved one. It is still difficult for me to say goodbye to him when I leave every day, but I think it is harder for me than for him. It's the same way I felt when I left my children in college. I know my dad has found a new home and it really is sweet.
I hope this review is helpful.

ellen antonucci

Ronnie~Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate hearing that we're exceeding your expectations...it makes it all worth while. Thank you!