Sunrise at Fleetwood - Mount Vernon, NY

Incredible Staff

From the moment I walked into the Sunrise at Fleetwood, I felt welcome. I experienced that same open and welcoming attitude at every visit.

My Mom had late stage Alzheimer's Disease by the time she entered Sunrise at Fleetwood, nonetheless, the staff made every effort to engage her and make her feel she was part of a community. In fact, she felt so welcome, she thought the staff and residents were her relatives.

The staff at Sunrise at Fleetwood are very special people and they must love what they do because they bring a bright positive attitude to work every day.

Thank you to the staff at Sunrise at Fleetwood!

We were happy with the tour for the care for my parents. The staff was kind and able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is available They had a lot of nice activities for the residents. We would highly recommend this community to other families for the care of a family member.

Review

The staff is very friendly. The process of applying and paperwork was smooth. I believe my loved one is content there. The care is good. I'd like to see a bit more effort to join and engage in activities.

Happy with My Move Here

I'am enjoying my time here at this community. They have helped me adjusted, and everything is working out well. The staff is very kind, and helpful. The facility looks great, they keep everything very well maintained.It has a been good experience for me here.

My Loved One Is Well Here

It has been a good experience for my loved one here at this community. She has adjusted well to it, and so far it seems like she like it. We know she is safe and being cared for very well here. It is a lovely community with kind people. This is a very nice place to live.

I cannot say enough about the staff at Sunrise!!!

The staff at this community are wonderful, nurturing and caring. My husband has been in the hospital and some of them came to visit and have been calling to check on him. The food was ok and they keep the community very clean. He was not able to participate in the activities offered. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Beautiful Community

Everything is going good for my mother here at Sunrise. She seems to have adjusted well into the community. This is a beautiful community very clean and well-kept. The staff has been helpful and kind to my mother. My mother only issue is the food she does not like the food. There are good activities for the residents. This community has great people and I would recommend it.

Nice place but lots of financial pressure.

I think they could be a little less pushy especially for those with financial discrepancies. It works for those that have a lot of moving parts, but I feel like they should they should take their time. The pressure, could be stopped. The facility and the people have been fine. The are very respectful on that part.

Caring, friendly staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Sunrise of Fleetwood. It's a nice looking place, and the staff is very caring and professional. They're taking great care of my loved one. We've got no complaints!

Going down

Sunrise is physically so lovely and I often thought that when the time came, my relative would enjoy being there. When I visited I was impressed with the friendliness of staff and also with the adaptability as I had to change from a shared to a private room.
However, I now have great concerns about the staffing of this facility. The professional staff changes very frequently; there have been issues with the medical staff coverage and there has been no RN at the facility for more than a month. Changes in price are made with short notice and it is very clear the facility does not want private aides BUT their aides are overworked...aides have so many patients that a 9 a.m. breakfast becomes a 10 a.m. breakfast. There are now many wheelchair-bound residents and they sleep parked in the hallways, in the bistro, in the living room and are unattended. Were it not for the private aides several would have suffered falls. If Sunrise continues on this track, I will remove my relative.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Hotel no healthcare

We toured and were thrilled with the look and feel of Sunrise and the level of care for a patient with dementia that was promised. In reality, this is assisted living think hotel room, minimal care, not healthcare.
There is a real communication breakdown between patient requests, caregivers, nursing staff and administration. Any medical or physical request was basically passed to someone else who might take care or pass again. Multiple requests for same issues are common and some were never resolved ie request for wound treatment or pain medication. We had to hire an aid for 12 hours daily doubling the monthly cost since they could not take care of our patient and the aid and we seemed to be the only ones taking care of our patient not Sunrise. Patients are kept in wheelchairs if they have mobility issues all day. They lost all clothes and personal items, again, no one there could help us. We had multiple meetings and phone calls with nurses and administration without any resolution; there does not seem to be a chain of command or necessary structure to resolve issues effectively. Caregivers need to engage and speak to dementia patients but only most basic needs are met (and not in a timely way). We removed our very ill patient by ambulance and no one said good bye or wished us good luck. We are heartbroken that such a promising placement turned into a nightmare for our family and caution you to really understand what can and will actually be taken care of by staff not what the sales or tour person is promising. Could not recommend.

Sunrise Shines

My family toured several facilities in our search for the best place to meet all the requirements for our family member and were very impressed with Sunrise in Fleetwood. The genuine kindness and great attitude of everyone we met left us feeling that Karen would be happy in their care. Cathe Provino was incredibly sensitive and is a remarkable listener. She "got" where Karen was coming from and was able to appease any trepidation Karen was feeling. While head of Sales, we never felt we were being "sold". Sunrise, their staff and the facility sells itself. Best of all, Karen can't wait to move in!

Nice place overall, food could be improved

We've only been here a short time, but overall I would say that they do a good job at Sunrise of Fleetwood. It is a nice looking place, and for the most part the staff are friendly and helpful. However, one area I'd like to see them improve is their food. I haven't been very impressed, and none of the longer term residents I've spoken with have had good things to say about it either.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved. Sunrise at Fleetwood was a very nice looking place! It felt homey and clean, and the staff seemed friendly and capable. I did think some of the furniture could stand to be replaced. One big concern was the cost, there were add-on charges for every little thing, and it seemed like the total price could really add up. Out of all that we have toured this would be our first choice when the time comes.

Seemed like a nice place, not a great fit for us

This was a nice looking place overall, but it did not end up being a good long term solution for my loved one. Sunrise of Fleetwood is a nice looking, well kept community, and the staff are all very friendly. However, once things settled down my loved one did not need the degree of care that they provide here. Still, it is definitely worth a look for those looking into care options for their own loved ones!

very friendly

I felt really comfortable going to Sunrise at Fleetwood and meeting with the people. What I liked the most is that everyone there was very friendly in how they greeted us and got to know her personally. I really like her room as well. It is a very nice set up with wonderful people. It is a bit pricey, but then I know all places like this are, and for the value and peace of mind I feel that it is worth it.

Nice community

Sunrise at Fleetwood is a very nice community. Mom moved into the Reminiscence (memory care) unit. The care managers there are wonderful. They take the time to deal with each resident and their own unique challenges. My only concern is the activities run in the Reminiscence unit. There seem to be far fewer activities than their monthly calendar shows. I would hope that activities in the Reminiscence unit would help to stimulate the residents that live there.

Communicative and helpful staff!

They've done a great job so far at Sunrise of Fleetwood! The staff has been really oustanding, they made the transition easy and stress free. It really was amazing how helpful they were throughout the whole process!

memory care in basement

memory care in basement

Sunrise Senior Living

My mother is very happy at Sunrise of Fleetwood.

Everyone is very nice and friendly and my 88 year old mother with advanced dementia has made a nice transition to her new environment.

Wonderful experience, some issues with billing

They were exceptionally friendly, they were really, really nice and understanding. My mother in law was put in the hospital in Yonkers before she went there, she spend 5 weeks in the hospital and Sunrise was really super nice, they kept her room open, they didn't charge her until she moved in and then she died shortly after. They provided a bed, dresser and I nightstand which we really liked also, my husband couldn't have stayed 5 weeks waiting to move her in. We had put the deposit down but we had a hell of a time getting the money back; they charged us extra days for the time it took us to fly back and it's all understandable, I'm a reasonable person, people just weren't returning my phone calls, they were hanging up on me so finally I had to write a letter to their main office and they got back to me really quickly.
The whole experience was wonderful, the people were wonderful, they got to know my voice, but I was not pleased with their accounting.

Wonderful, caring place

It's been really good, the staff has been very kind and nurting and caring. The activities seem very interesting and very nice, but he doesn't seem to be interested in participating in any of them, he's always just kind of been to himself. I know that he's safe and he's cared for and is being taken care of, getting his medications which is very important. Of course it was a little bit more than they originally said it would be and I think it's because of his medication.
It has a very homelike atmosphere, all the people who work there have been very helpful and very kind. The times I have been there they have been the most kind and nurting to the people that are there and I'm very appreciative of that.

Know certain things aren't disclosed 100%

She's adjusting, so its not much of a problem, it's just the administration there. We were led to believe different things and they're a bit lax and any one of the residents will say that it's not what it used to be. The services are not the same, the food's not the same, the food is not the same, there is not much to do anymore. I know there's new administration there and I know Peter says he's trying to improve things but they just "yes" you. For 7,000 a month there shouldn't be cobwebs, things shouldn't be soiled, there should be things going on. They're getting a lot of money but what are they doing with it? I know it's very difficult when people are elderly but they are getting a lot of money. I don't want to paint everything negatively because I know they do watch her and they do feed her 3 times a day.

Sunrise @ Fleetwood is nest...

Sunrise @ Fleetwood is nestled in quite Mt. Vernon community with 5 star amenities to care for your loved one's under the supervision of friendly staff; which I appreciate & highly recommend.

Just moved and very happy

I just moved my mom in on Saturday. She's doing great. She's adjusting very well. Nothing she doesn' t like. You can pick and choose what you want to do. The staff is very friendly and nice. Just like everywhere else, you find the residents you like and there will always be ones you don't so you stick with the ones you like. She realized that this is a good thing and she's happy.

The sales person that we spoke to was not as knowledgable as she could've been. We sorted it out and everything worked out.

Leslie,our tour guide was v...

Leslie,our tour guide was very kind & caring. I was more impressed with the Crestwood property & its proximity to our home would be more convenient than Fleetwood.

Really classy

Really classy

I met with the Director on and toured...

I met with the Director on and toured the facility. I especially liked the "Hominess" of the facility--I think my mother will be quite comfortable there. The set up of the facility is not overpowering/intimidating and I do not feel that my mother will find it to be too large of a residence. The residents there were very friendly and welcoming and the residence itself was spotless and well appointed. The Director was well informed about the facility and the residents. I also think that the facility seems to be well run. Until I had seen Sunrise (Fleetwood), my favorite had been Atria. However, I am sure that one of these facilites will eventually prove to be a home for mom.

small backyard, dementia and alzheime...

small backyard, dementia and alzheimer's patients downstairs, nice rooms, cozy, lot of wheelchairs and mostly women.

The concierge was very nice. Very cle...

The concierge was very nice. Very clean and well kept common rooms - I was a little concerned that most of the people I saw were in wheelchairs and my parents are still ambulatory - made it seem more of a nursing home.