Sunrise of Crestwood - Yonkers, NY

This was my first tour, so I might need to adjust my star rating later. The facility was beautiful and the staff seemed very nice. They will be sending a nurse to assess my mom on Monday, which will help to answer the question of where my mom belongs - in Memory Care vs. assisted living.

This was a beautiful place. Clean, staff was polite, well dressed. facility was clean and smelled clean too. Was there at dinner time. Food smelled good, residents looked happy. This facility can handle all needs, catheter to memory loss, to any movement needs. About 20 min from home, cost is about 12 - 14K a month. Just sad feeling seeing all the old people there and imaginging my parents there.

I have concerns about its location on a busy intersection. It was a small facility, with a semicircular facade with rocking chairs that looked like a nice place for people-watching.

Bad financial department

The facility is nice and the staff here seems to be very nice. They are great with their care services; however I do have 1 main complaint. Generally speaking, their financial department really needs some work. It seems that they are changing their prices as they go. I was promised one rate and after a few days they surprise me with more fees. I don’t know where they’re coming from and I’ve been back and forth with them more times that I would like. It seems that I’m paying for nothing really. Overall, the property is great, the staff is nice, and it’s just their general billing needs to be more straightened out.

We visited Sunrise at Crestwood and felt it was the best place for my mom at this time. They offer the additional help she needs and we really loved the family atmosphere they promote. Thank you for setting up the tours [Removed], your assistance made a difficult time a little easier!

Overall Nice Tour

I had a pretty nice tour of this community. I toured it for my love one, and his needs. Everything went well, and the staff was very nice. Unfortunately this location was too far for us to travel too, but overall I had very nice tour of this community.

Things are going fabulous!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been fabulous and I am comfortable with the care that she has been receiving. They are always making sure she stays busy and keeping her active throughout the day. My mom has had a healthy appitite and I have seen the menu they offer to the resident and it looks wonderful. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I have no complaints.

Very nice and clean. Staff was very friendly. It felt more like a nursing home to me. Wasn't sure how residents are identified without ID bracelets especially for medication administration. I'm sure there's a system though I forgot to ask. It's a nice place.

My visit

This community seemed clean when I visited. The people I met were nice and they do offer some daily activities. This community is three floors and offers numerous amenities.

Nice tour of this Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The tour went well. This is a lovely facility, spacious and inviting. From what I saw everything looked nice, and clean. The staff was friendly. It was a pleasant experience, but not the community for my mother.

Getting to know the place!

The staff has been good and they are taking care of dad well. The community is kept clean and they offer a lot of activities. Dad is still transitioning, but they are doing a good job with helping out.

What a joke

This place is a joke and way over priced for nothing. Nothing is going on as far as activity goes, food is inedible, staff are leaving or being fired left and right. Most depressing place I have seen.

A Decent Community

It has been a decent experience for my sister here at this community. We do have some concerns, but overall it is a nice place. I wish they were more honest with the level of care they are able to provide. I had to hire some extra care for her. It isn't the best community, but there are some things about it. The food is good, they serve nice meals. The community looks nice. Overall it isn't what we expected, but it will do for now.

They Misunderstood Our Needs

I was pleased with the location of this community. It was between my family and I and much closer. They have an outdoor pool and my dad likes to swim. Right before getting to move-in I got a call letting us know they were unable to provide the needs for my dad. it was a huge shock because my sister kept in contact with them about his needs. We had to find a place quickly for him. I was not happy about them cashing our deposit check and had to wait to get reimbursed.

A bad experience at Sunrise of Crestwood

My family had a very bad experience with Sunrise of Crestwood. We had to remove our loved one because the staff made major decisions regarding our loved one's care without consulting the family or any physician. The decisions that the staff made without consulting the family resulted in emotional distress and harm to our loved one and in huge additional costs. I cannot begin to explain how much stress the management's actions have caused my family. This place is only good for residents who have no problems other than walking. If your loved one has any other medical or cognitive issues, this is not the place for them. The staff is young and inexperienced, and most of all, lack compassion and kindness towards the elderly. The executive director is new and does not have a clue about how to run an assisted living facility. She relies on other people who have been there, such as the Care Manager, who is equally clueless and a rude person. The directors and managers (especially the Regional Nurse Manager) have no concern about the welfare of the residents. They view the residents more as liabilities than as human beings, and treat them as such. Like I said, if your loved one has no medical or cognitive problems, then they might be okay here, but the minute there is a problem, be prepared to have the management make bad major decisions about your loved one without consulting the family or a physician.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

This community was our second choice!!

I toured this community and from what I saw it is a nice community. The person who took us on the tour was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was not able to try the food at this community. It seemed clean and to have a lot of activities.

Seems nice so far

It's only been a brief experience, but so far things seem to be going very well at Sunrise at Crestwood. The place is clean and well kept, and the staff seem friendly and professional.

Very cheery, but too expensive for my mom to afford

terrific

They are terrific Sunrise at Crestwood. The director has really worked with us to get our cost down because we had a private aid. They call any time there is an issue. I cannot say enough good about them. The aids are much more personal there. The staff are really professional. They know mom by name. It is a very calm environment. We have looked at 12 places and chose another facility before this one that was not good. I am so glad we switched to this facility. I do wish that they had onsite physical therapy. They do it through the hospital and that gets inconvenient. All in all it has just been a wonderful experience.

Outstanding

The Sunrise at Crestwood is outstanding. I'm very pleased with Sunrise at Crestwood. Molly Bronsberg has been outstanding as well. I'm very pleased. I'm very happy with the activities. They keep my loved ones room clean. They couldn't do a better job. They have been great. I would recommend this place to anyone. It has a nice atmosphere. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I am just really pleased with them.

Home for my mom

My experience at Crestwood started with me walking into the home and seeing so many residents engaged in various activities. I met Diane (director) and she informed me that one focus at Crestwood was to get the residents out of their rooms and be engaged with other residents and staff. Jason & Diane worked with me through the financials and explained all cost so that there would be no surprises. After 2 weeks, I saw first hand the care and concern that was a part of the everyday life for the residents from the staff. I have sat with mom during her meal times and once again was impressed with the respect they show to the residents by having a dinning facility that is clean, has new flowers on each table and a menu to choose from... dignity and respect is very apparent. One last thing, their medical concern for each person is paramount and ehngaged. My mom is thrilled to call Crestwood "home" and I am at peace knowing my mom is well cared for in so many ways.

Very nice, but we did not have a great experience

My loved one stayed at this community briefly. While I was impressed by the facility itself, our experience did not end up being a good one. They have a lot to provide here; it is a nice looking, clean, well kept place, and the staff are all very friendly. However, we chose a shared room for our loved one, and his roommate ended up being very hard to live with. It eventually soured Dad's experience to the point that he no longer wanted to live here at all. It's unfortunate it turned out that was, as I really was a fan of this place. It is still somewhere we are considering for the future, under different circumstances, and somewhere I would not hesitate to recommend to others who are looking into care, however!

Nice, upbeat staff, high level of concern and care

Everyone is very, very nice. There is a very high level of concern and care for all the residents. We've had a very good experience there.

The aides are very, very good with the residents. You can tell that they really like the residents, they like their jobs, they're always friendly, always happy to be around the residents.

My father likes that he knows he's being taken care of, 24/7.

The location is great; it's on my work, it's right off the highway and very easy to get to.

It's been a great experience; they've been very, very helpful.

Did not like this place. To...

Did not like this place. Too small and homey. sicker people. Minimal outdoor space. We prefer a larger Jewish balance of clientele if possible also.

Wonderful warm homey place....

Wonderful warm homey place. Best we have seen. Issue is distance, not easy for my mom with mass transit. Working on it.

Excellent service

My loved one has been here a few years now, and we're very pleased with what they provide. She is in their lock-down memory care section, and they take very good care of the residents there. It's a small unit, so all of the residents get a lot of individual attention. It is expensive, but she is well looked after and safe.

Very nice place!

They do a wonderful job here! Jason, the director, was our point of contact here and he did a great job introducing us to the community. Overall the staff were wonderful, they were all friendly and professional. I really felt like my loved one was being treated like family as soon as she moved in. The facility itself is clean, the care they provide is excellent, and my loved one says the food is great!

Very nice looking,

I toured two different Sunrise communities, and I was impressed by both of them. They were both beautiful looking communities, and both very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful, and appeared to take great care of the residents. They were also both on the higher end of the cost spectrum.We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place!

The Friendliness Varies

It's my mother that's in there. The friendliness really depends on who is working with my mother. There are some aids that are really good and there are some not so good aids, just like anywhere. So the staff could be more friendly. There are a few there that are excellent but then you have a few that can't be bothered. I think they should be more patient.

We're having trouble with my mom right now. She is in a rehab but we're hoping to get her back to sunrise with more help.

Bright, vibrant, well-kept

We wanted to take my mother in law to this one but they didn't have any openings. It's jsut so clean and so bright and vibrant. I'm sure it's not modern, I don't know how long they've been in business, but it's very well kept and it's very bright. Everyone was very friendly and even some of the residents came up and said hi.

Mixed Emotions

Staff need to take more time to really understand the needs and wants of the individual and customize that care. Example- some folks are unable to propel themselves. They must wait to be taken back to their room if they want to go. They do not want to sit in the lobby all day. This means more work for the staff to accomadate those needs. Some staff members can be extremely caring while others deliver care like they dont want to be there. My observation is if the care required of the individual is minimal this is an excellent faciity. Especially if the individual is able to care for themselves most of the time. As the needs of the individual increase, the staffing is really unable to maintain a good level of care. This is the downside of assisted living in my opinion.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value all feedback and take all concerns seriously. Please email us at the Information inbox so we can learn more and follow up regarding your concerns. [removed] - thank you. Sunrise Team

Food Needs Some Serious Improvement

I would like to give them a 5 but my uncle is not happy with the food. He says it's never hot. It's always cold and the service in the dining room is really bad. If you send the food back then it comes back burnt. We went there for a barbeque not long ago and it was really good so my uncle is thinking why can't they cook like this all the time? For all the money they're paying you at least expect your food to be hot.

The medical staff is fabulous and the nurses are fantastic. Other than the food, my uncle is very happy where he is. Of the 10 or 12 places we looked at this was the most comfortable and homey looking. It doesn't look like an institution.

My husband & I felt this wo...

My husband & I felt this would be a perfect fit for my mom. Loved the wrap-around-porch,outside area,rooms were a good size.Decor would appeal to Mom. Jennifer gave us a great tour & feel for the place. Having the two little dogs in the lobby area was the perfect touch!!

I toured the facility with the Direct...

I toured the facility with the Director. Sunrise (Crestwood) is definitely an option -- it is in a prime location (next to a shopping mall) and fairly accessible. While I liked this facility and she was certainly informative, I think that I had just a better "feeling/vibe" about the Sunrise in Mt. Vernon. The Mt. Vernon (Fleetwood) branch has more apartments available and is a little less expensive while still maintaing the same amenities.