Atria Briarcliff Manor - Briarcliff Manor, NY

A Nightmare

We were pleased with Atria Briarcliff when we toured. The community was very nice, and the people seemed very friendly and helpful. However, we were asked to make a deposit to hold the room for my loved one before she was even evaluated for move-in. We made the deposit in good faith, and they advised that they would hold the payment until after the evaluation, but we were changed anyway. I found this very deceiving and unpleasant. We ended up not moving in, and it took over a month to get a refund from them because they gave us the run-around. The community itself is very nice, but I feel that other prospective residents should be aware of our experience so they don't have to deal with the nightmare that we did.

Kate Vance

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. If you would like to share more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [removed].

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this place. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. They had a nice presentation and different amenities where available for the residents throughout the day. It was just not the right fit for my father in the end decision.

Great Community

My grandmother is doing great, and everything is going well. We are pleased with the her move to this community. We know she is safe, and in good hands overall. The experience is going great.

We liked this community

This was a nice community when mom stayed here. They provided transportation to church on Sundays. The staff were nice and the community is kept clean. The food was good and I would recommend this community. Mom moved to be closer to family.

Not Quite As Active Here

It didn't seem like a good fit for my dad. We felt it was on the smaller side of a community and located on one floor. It seemed limited. The activities and extra great rooms were just all in one hallway. I seemed not as animated, seemed more reliant in wheelchairs. The young lady was nice during the tour.

Couldn't be Happier

All is well since my parents move to this community. My mother is adjusting well to it, and my father is still taking some time to adjust. Overall I can not say enough good things about this community. All the staff is great, everyone is very helpful. It is a smaller community compared to others, but its a good fit for my parents. They really care about their residents at this community. I would highly recommend it.

Great place

Atria is wonderful

Mother is doing so well here

Atria is just lovely. My mother is doing very well there

Very disappointing

We are very disappointed in this facility. We highly recommend that you read chapters 3, 4 and 5 in BEING MORTAL by Atul Gawande. Atria is mentioned on page 100.
Chapter 3 details the difficulties the elderly face in moving into such a residence. Chapter 4 talks about the level of services offered by many of these residences. Chapter 5 relates what could be, but what only exists in a tiny fraction.

Katy Miller

As you mentioned, there are many levels of care in senior living communities. If you'd like to talk about your frustrations with me, please send me an email at [removed].

Assisted Living Dream

The staff at the Atria are very personable and greeted my mother and I. We pulled into the Atria and immediately agreed that this appeared like a great community. We were RIGHT!!!!

Selecting a Assisted Living for our Mom was a difficult and emotional time for all of us. We toured many facilities and made the RIGHT decision. From the moment we walked into the Atria it felt right. We were Welcomed and immediately felt comfortable. After our first visit the staff greeted us by name. Mom has been extremely comfortable and enjoying the numerous activities offered at the Atria. The Park like setting makes this community shine. We highly recommended the Atria to others whose Loves Ones need A Special place.

Nice but costly
Menu was fair.

Seems like a nice place

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Atria Briarcliff Manor seemed like a nice place, overall. The staff that we met were friendly and helpful, and the facility itself seemed well maintained and clean.

Clean and bright

Does not feel like a nursing home or retirement home, very clean, great natural light. The staff is also very friendly and they seem authentic.

Like all homes, it is not cheap, and you do feel nickle and dimed but really happy my mother is there.

Professional and Competent Staff, especially during medical emergency

My mother has been residing at the Atria Briarcliff since October of 2014. Compared to the last facility she was in, the Atria Briarcliff is so much better and the staff is extremely professional and caring. She had to be hospitalized over the weekend, and we were out of town when the situation started to unfold. First, the Wellness Staff called us immediately each time she fell, and also checked on her on an hourly basis to closely monitor her situation. They called us first at our home number, and when they didn't reach us, they called us on our cell phone, until we made contact. Secondly, when it got to the critical point where they felt she needed to go to the emergency room, they let us know that her condition has deteriorated to the point where she needed to see a doctor. At her last facility, we were never informed about her condition until she was already en route to the emergency room. This communication is key to our peace of mind that she is in the hands of professionals and we will be apprised of real time events and will also be able to take part in her health care decisions as they are unfolding. We rushed home from our trip to be with her in the emergency room, where we could give her the emotional support she needed while also helping the doctor figure out the best treatment options for her particular needs. Bottom line: at the Atria Briarcliff, we fell confident that our Mom will get immediate attention in a health care emergency situation, which is the primarily why she needs to be in Assisted Living in the first place. This peace of mind means a lot to us, and we have the highest praise for the competent and professional staff who are looking our for her welfare!

Leader in Assisted Living

This facility is exceptional. The support staff and associated departments are above any standard I've ever experienced. The environment and attention to resident experience are thoughtful and genuine. Food is great, we often have meals with our mom and enjoy it thoroughly. My family is extremely comfortable knowing our Mom is a resident at Atria Briarcliff Manor.

Caring, friendly home with lots of love

My mother has vascular dementia. She moved into Atria in December 2014. So far our experience with the facility has been excellent. It's not cheap (!) but no place is, and the peace of mind is priceless. Everyone is so kind and genuine; residents are treated with respect and dignity. We are looking forward to spring, and the chance to enjoy the lovely outdoor spaces. Anxiety is a big problem with dementia, and I feel like the staff do all they can to make my mom feel calm and safe. I reviewed 8 or 9 different places and am very happy with the choice of Atria Briarcliff.

Don't miss the Briarcliff Atria.

My mother has stage 4 cancer and early onset Alzheimers. After 4 months of intensive chemo she was physically and mentally exhausted and not at all herself. My family and I were concerned that she might not be well enough to manage in an assisted living community but we felt that the short term memory loss associated with her newly diagnosed Alzheimers made it unsafe for her to live with one of us. A professional medical evaluation was conducted at the Atria and their team felt that with the right services she would be ok there. We arranged for the Atria to manage her medications and help with dressing and walking her to meals. The entire team at the Atria was committed to my mom's well being and it showed in the results. As it turned out, my mom was definitely able to not just live, but flourish at the Briarcliff Atria. She left six weeks later (hers was a respite stay during the holidays and then she returned to her home in Florida) as a different person. The combination of the exercise she got just walking around the Atria to get to the many activities, combined with the delicious and substantive meals, and the social interaction and the never ending enjoyable entertainment etc. was transformational for my mom. We found her physically stronger and cognitively she was stronger also - - we beleive that the structured rhythm to her day that the Atria's environment provided made such a difference with her cognition. And being surrounded by professionals who beleive in what they do and are committed to doing it well makes a critical difference in the experience and my mom felt that the staff genuinely cared about her. For my family the Briarcliff Atria was the best Christmas gift ever. They gave us our mom back.

Everything has gone great so far

Everything has gone great so far with Atria Briarcliff Manor, we're very happy we found it! The staff, have all been very friendly, and it has a warm, comfortable atmosphere. They also do a good job with the food, it has tasted great any time I’ve had it. They are worth a look, if you are looking into care options in the area!

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things are going at Atria Briarcliff Manor! It's a great looking facility, and the staff have all been fantastic. They really went above and beyond to make Mom feel welcome, and have been very accommodating regarding any special requests. We had a few specific ones regarding dietary needs, which they were happy to work with us on, and the food itself is very good!

Briarcliff Atria works for my mother...so far

After checking out many possibilities in the NY/CT area, we realized that no place would fit all our criteria. We decided this Atria would, on balance, be best for my 94-year-old mother. She had been quite isolated; she seems happy with the change and has thanked us for arranging it. My one concern is that she could become ill enough at some point (she isn't ill now) that they would no longer keep her, and it's not clear what we could find at that point that would be nurturing and supportive rather than a basic-care unit.

Very pleased

My loved one has been here about a month and so far we are both very pleased! The staff have all been very friendly and welcoming and she is adjusting well. It's a very nice looking community, very clean, and the care and the activities they provide are wonderful. I like that it is on the smaller side, it is a more intimate atmosphere, and easier to get around. I think it is a very nice place, and definitely worth a look, anyone would be happy here!

They've been excellent and everything is very good.

They've been excellent and everything is very good. We walked into it and knew right away it was the right place. They have been pretty helpful. The food quality seems to be pretty good. They do charge extra to join your loved one for a meal.

I am from Northern Westchester Hospit...

I am from Northern Westchester Hospital. We scheduled talks for the Atria residents. We appreciated the opportunity to bring our providers to your facility. The staff was very welcoming, particulalry Jennifer who was always there to assist us with the set-up of each inidividual talk. Julie was also very welcoming and the person with whom we arranged these talks. Julie was there for the first talk, but not for the others, which was okay because Jennifer was there.

Providing for residents and the broader community

As a PhD student studying emotion regulation and well-being in old age, I approached the activity coordinator at this property to ask whether I could conduct a study in collaboration with this facility. The response I received was incredibly encouraging, helpful, and professional, demonstrating a true passion for providing resources and educational opportunities for residents (I promised to give a lecture about my research) as well as supporting efforts in the broader community to further understand well-being in old age. It was a pleasure to work with the staff and everyone I interacted with was extremely helpful. Numerous residents expressed interest in participating in my research, and their insights on the psychology of aging were very astute and their attitudes were extremely uplifting. I had the honor of presenting my findings to the residents after I had finished collecting data at a number of senior centers and independent living communities (all results were anonymous, de-identified, quantitative, and presented in averaged form). The comments and feedback I received during the talk were among the most insightful I received at any of the 5 talks I have given on the topic elsewhere, leading to new potential research directions. It was a joy to work with everyone at this vibrant and thriving community.

Atria Briarcliff

My mom has been a resident of Atria Briarcliff since August. She is receiving wonderful care. Every staff member is kind, caring and extremely competent. My mom's mental state and physical well being have improved remarkably since her arrival. Medication management is excellent. The facility is beautifully maintained and always clean. The food is very good. The activities are excellent and keep the residents engaged. I cannot say enough about this facility and would recommend it highly.

Volunteering Experience

I am currently a volunteer at Atria and I have no negative comments. I am one hundred percent pleased with this facility. The staff are outstanding and extremely polite. I am always greeted with a smile and a warming hello. The ladies who manage the front desk are always a pleasure to interact with. They are all kind hearted and extremely helpful if I ever need anything. Overall this is a well organized, clean, and well operated facility. I am glad to be a volunteer here.

A warm, welcoming atmosphere

For the past several years, my piano class has had the pleasure of performing a holiday recital for the Briarcliff Atria residents. This is a beautiful residence with a wonderful community outreach program. The staff is always friendly, welcoming, and caring. They create a warm, bright, and cheerful atmosphere both for the residents and the visitors.

Knowledgeable and Motivated Activities Staff

Over the past several months I have had the privilege of assisting Julie Vedovino by making several presentations to the residents and then teaching a weekly Seated Tai Chi for Mobility Impaired Adults class. The support from the staff has been excellent. My view of the programs offered are that they are very varied and manage to help keep the residents interested in the greater world and motivated. The facilities are attractive comfortable and flexible enough for the attendees in my activities to actively participate and hear what I am saying.

Gramatan Village, Bronxville NY Visited on Wed. November 20, 2013

We visited Atria Briarcliff with some of our Gramatan Village members who wanted more information on assisted living options.

On our arrival we were greeted by a professional friendly staff where we were lead into a room for a presentation / Intellectual Stimulation on current events. Our main host was Julie Vedovino, who is delightfully engaging and shared so much helpful information with us and our members. During the presentation we were also introduced to other Atria staff, who spoke briefly about what they did there and how their particular jobs benefit the Atria community.

The chef prepared us the freshest lunch and everything was presented beautifully.

We had a lovely tour of some of the apartments and we were given a goody bag to go home with.

We have visited Atria Riverdale several times and we are very supportive and positive in referring our Gramatan Village members to you.

I have had the pleasure of visiting o...

I have had the pleasure of visiting one of your residents often. Each time I am impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of all who work there. Janis Knorr was always there to great me and always knew where the resident was.

A wonderful experiance

I run a military charity called Heroes in Transition, Inc. Jan Knorr the faculty manager was kind enough to to invite me to speak to the residents. I was immediately impressed as soon as I walked through the front door. I was given a full tour of the facility. The facility was clean and very spacious. The staff were friendly and seemed to really enjoy interacting with the residents. They had a calendar full of fun events and things for the residents to do. One new staff member even went out of her way to pull Jan aside and tell her how much she loves her new job at Atria. Meeting the staff and residents was truly a great experience!

I would highly recommend Atria to anyone whom is looking for a assisted living facility for themselves or for their loved ones.

Review of Briarcliff manor

My father is a 93 year old resident of the Braircliff Manor Atria Community for two years now. He was a fiercely independent man who lived alone after the death of his wife (my mother)a decade ago.
The transition was not an easy one for him considering his basic personality- but now that he has acclimated to the routine, he is very appreciative of the warm and friendly staff and seamless care provided to him. The meals are quite varied and creative- the chef is always trying out new fare to keep it interesting. The staff is professional, well trained and very caring in a sincere way. Now that the community has installed a full-facility independent backup generator we are sure that he will be safe, happy, well fed and secure- no matter what else is going on. As a family, we could not ask for a better Community and we sleep very well at night knowing that he has all the support and all the backup he need.
We would recommend the Briarcliff Atria community without hesitation.

Our family is extremely pleased with ...

Our family is extremely pleased with the staff at Atria. Everyone is consistently helpful, responsive, friendly, and most importantly, experienced, in the many issues that affect elderly folks when transitioning to this new lifestyle as well as maintaining and respecting independence and privacy.

Defintately check this place out if you are looking for something homey and warm

My mom has been here for several months now. The staff is always super friendly to residents and guests. What we really like about it is that it is a smaller community so residents seem to interact more, We had previously tried a larger faculty that always seemed like a ghost town/museum than a community/home.

Many of the activities are led by residence which has its advantages (people are engaged) and disadvantages (not every activity actually happens)

Why we loved The Atria Briarcliff Manor

When my brothers and I first brought my mother to the Atria it was a very difficult time. My father had just passed away (my mother was very dependent on him), and my mother was suffering from the early stages of Alzheimer's. The first thing you notice about The Atria is how nice and homey it feels. The people who run the facility and the people who work there have a goal of making it feel like "home". They clearly succeed in a very big way.

It is safe to say that my family and I could never have gotten through these difficult times as comfortably as we did without the staff at The Atria. They do not appear as if this is work to them as much as it is a labor of love.

Friendly staff, great ambiance and at...

Friendly staff, great ambiance and atmosphere. They really go out of their way to make residents feel welcomed and valued.

i liked the location for myself and f...

i liked the location for myself and family, but too expensive, i did take a tour.

Met with director. But very very nice...

Met with director. But very very nice. Memory unit only holds 15. Next door to Briacliff park - with soccer, baseball, town pool and libray. One room available now in the memory unit. Corner room with 2 windows. The setting is very nice, but not as serine as Ossining. Ossining is really over the top. But the advantage here is that it is close to Pepsi.

90 Assisted Liv. studio apts. Life Gu...

90 Assisted Liv. studio apts. Life Guidance memoray care. May put $500 refundable deposit. All inclusive rate of $8,595/mo. Cable TV extra. NO MEDICAID accepted; private pay only. After family visits facility, they will arrange to send assessor.

like proximity to town and library an...

like proximity to town and library and pool. Very independent. Not many men only 30%. Loved director. Rooms were small.

We saw it. Great place.

We saw it. Great place.

Atria Briarcliff Manor offers a charming apartment community combining the amenities of a resort with the beauty of a country inn. Near Law Memorial Park in Westchester, we are within walking distance of the village’s downtown area. Whether relaxing on our wraparound porches, staying active at the nearby swim center, or joining us for an excursion to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, our residents enjoy daily opportunities for relaxation, culture and good company. Our 24-hour staff goes to great lengths to ensure residents are discreetly assisted when needed, and our Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood offers support to residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.