The Greens at Greenwich - Greenwich, CT

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with The Greens at Greenwich has been a positive one! It's a nice looking place, and the people have all been very friendly. I like that it is a smaller community, because the residents get a lot more individual attention. Really the only downside has been that the dining experience isn't quite as fancy as the larger community she was at before, but the food is still very good!

Dignified, quality care facility for a parent with Dementia.

I cannot say enough good things about the Greens at Greenwich. We had placed my Mom at another facility 4 years ago which was geared towards independent living which is what she needed at that time. However, as her condition worsened, and as she needed more attention and assistance that facility could no longer address those needs adequately.
I searched on Senior Advisor and read the qualifications and programs offered at the Greens and felt that they could care for my Mom and offer her the quality of life and care that she needed at this time.
The Greens offer wonderful programs and try to cater to the individual needs of their residents. The atmosphere is always upbeat and cheery. The staff are well versed in how to properly care for individuals with Dementia. I have been there at all different times of the day to visit, and my mother is always involved in one activity or another and I cannot say how much this gives her family peace of mind.
Senior Advisor initially spoke to me to get an idea of what I was looking for, asking me why we were thinking about the move. We made an appointment for a visit and the Director sat with me toured the facility and I could see how different this facility was from the facility my mom was in. The former facility was run well enough but did not offer a plan B when her condition needed it (other than doubling the rates and increasing medication).
I will add that if a family needs a facility for a relative with Dementia that lives up to to their "advertisement," this is the place! They offer different room types, medical staff, beautiful grounds and incredible staff!!!

My experience with Senior Advisor. GREAT!

My 91 one year old mother was a resident of Brighton Gardens, Stamford CT a Sunrise community when one day in December 2015 I happened to click on a Senior Advisor ad on the internet. One of the luckiest "clicks" I ever made.! While my mother was well cared for at Brighton Gardens my family and I felt that there was no stimulation, or real programs for the residents. The staff, while they were very caring were not trained properly to deal with dementia and Alzheimer disease. Our family was not 100% happy with Sunrise but did not think there was another choice.
After clicking on the Senior Advisor ad I entered my name and contact information and stated that I was interested in a facility located in Greenwich CT called the Greens. Within an hour of entering my info I was contacted by an advisor who asked me what I was looking for and for whom. I explained our situation with my Mom and that I was interested in the Greens. We made an appointment to tour the Greens. The next day the Director of the Greens called me regarding the tour of the facility and we discussed what I was looking for . To make a long story short after seeing the Greens and the programs available I was so excited to have my mother in that environment. Within one month a room became available and arrangements were made to move my Mom to this facility. She has been there a little over 3 weeks and her entire demeanor has changed. She participates in daily exercise, music and art programs, and is just so happy.
The level of care and interest all of the staff have is day and night difference to what she had before, It was a difficult decision to move our mother into a facility and we thought that our first choice was a good one. As soon as my mothers mental capacity changed this place was not the right facility . The Greens has afforded myself and the family peace of mind that she is safe and content. We are so happy with the decision and with Senior Advisor. I only wish we knew of this valuable resource when we moved my mom in 2012.

I spoke with Maria about my...

I spoke with Maria about my Dad's situation and have asked my brother to visit the facility as a possible option for Dad.

Sharing the same campus in beautiful Greenwich, CT, The Greens at Greenwich and Greenwich Woods offer a complete continuum of care. Whether it’s assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing or dementia care, it can all be found here on our “Campus of Care”. Because of the relationship the two communities have with one another, they are able to offer reciprocal priority admission, should an individual’s care needs change, thus ensuring every resident receives the proper level of care. Through our many years of experience in health care, we have learned that the level of care and attention necessary can vary from day to day and resident to resident. Our continuum of care allows us the flexibility to address those changes on one campus.