A great choice for us

Several years ago, my husband and I knew that it would be time to move to a supportive living environment. Being a nurse, I did much research and we eventually decided on the Holmstad. One of the most significant reasons was what I had observed, during several visits, at Michealsen's Health Center. A year ago, my husband developed health issues that made it necessary for him to spend the last five months of his life there. The decision to move to the Holmstad was absolutely the right one for both of us. The care that my husband received there was amazing. The staff gently, respectfully and lovingly care for him, and also for me as his caregiver. Each day I give thanks that we moved here. I will never be able to thank the staff at Michealsen's enough for what they did for both of us. The are amazing.

Not a good fit

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I do not think this would have been a good fit for us. The independent and low-care living areas looked very nice, however the high care area just felt very dreary and institutional.