The Gardens of Waterford - Aurora, IL

Review of the Gardens of Waterford

Admission: It was wonderful.
Nursing care: Wonderful
Food services: She loves it
Staff: Very very nice, very good
Housekeeping: Oh its so clean, so nice

Review of The Gardens

It's a lovely place to live. Food and presentation of food is very appetizing. Staff is fabulous and they make you feel comfortable - Thank you for all that you do!!

Review of The Gardens

It was very nice. She loves the food. Excellent.

Review of The Gardens

The room was ready, people did their best to make him feel welcoming, they were really wonderful. He wasn't so happy but that's just him. My interactions with them has been very good. As far as I can tell he like the food, he was somehow under the notion that he was suppose to pay for the food, it looks like a restaurant so he just assumed. I told him to eat indulge and enjoy. They have been exceedingly courteous. It's clean, they did come in yesterday to clean. I help keep clean here and there, I take out the garbage and straighter things up a bit. I am not going to get to be there everyday starting next week. How does it work? Do they take out the garbage everyday? Do I need to do anything to make sure things are being cleaned

Review of The Gardens Of Waterford

My dad has been there for 18 months, so we know everyone and how things work. If we didn't like it so much we wouldn't let her move in. You know my Mom doesn't need much help, they always do their part, they are very nice and helpful. The food there is excellent. Everyone is always nice. The housekeeping is very good.

Everything was great! Very good, very friendly and nice. my loved one seems to enjoy the food. They've been very nice. The facility looks great, she hasn't been there too many days to know how they do with her room, it's very clean so far.

Review of Alden Gardens of Waterford

My sister moved here and was here a very short time before she died. When we got the call from hospice the whole family came down from Minesota to be wtih her. The staff at Alden Gardens was incredible. They took great care of my sister. Compassionate and prompt. They also were outstanding with the family, making sure we had everything we needed and even fed us. They seemed to love feeding us, like staying with mom. Can't say enough good things about this place and it's employees.

Review of Alden Gardens of Waterford

This is a great Place!!! Excellent staff and great wait staff. The food was tasty and great variety. Would definitively recommend. Would move mom in but it was too far.

Options for care

We toured this community. We did not like the community due to they asked for a deposit. We did not move in and they will not give us our money back. We liked the community, but can not recommend families to this community due to them not willing to work with families if they do not move in. Families might want to ask questions before making the decision to move into this community.

A great place for care

This was a nice tour for my parents. The staff was nice and were able to answer the questions that they had. They offered a menu and them variety. They offered good activities. that, my parents, would have enjoyed. I would recommend that others tour this community for the care that is received for their family member.

Good Tour!!

This community was very nice brand new. The staff was all very nice people. The place was new, so it was not very full. The rooms didn't have the homelike feel we were looking for but overall the place was very nice and comfortable.

Specialties

Nice building. The screen porches and the waterfall and swans are lovely. Food is better than average. Would like to see more activities off site.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

The tour guide was smart and courteous during my tour of this place. They showed me all around including the bedrooms, dinning room and activities center. They offered me a complimentary meal, but unfortunately i didn't have much time to stay. Overall, i felt it was a nice place with attentive staff.

Very Well Care

My father-in-law is doing awesome here. He enjoys his meals and loves that it is a full menu with options if he does not like what is served. They also provide a separate dining table for the family of the resident. The community looks to be always clean. The staff concentrate on getting my dad to walk more, they encourage him with little walks.

A Caring Place

Alden at Waterford is a beautiful place, and they care about their residents. The staff has been wonderful to help both of my parents transistion during a very difficult time. I have seen my dad improve tremendously since the being at Alden and receiving additional physical therapy. The food is delicious and very accomodating for any special needs. They not only have been welcoming to my parents, but also to our family. As a family we have been very pleased with Alden.

The staff is kind and considerate

Well, I think that the staff is kind and considerate and there for my Mom. I rate them pretty high as far as retirement homes go.

Memory Care & Assisted living are very nice.

very welcoming

My mother and I have been very pleased with The Gardens of Waterford. They are very welcoming and really made my mother feel right at home. It is a very nice place with excellent friendly helpful staff. I highly recommend them.

Very nice place!

They've done a great job overall at Gardens of Waterford! I have no complaints whatsoever about the service they provide. The employees are compassionate and caring and they do an excellent job looking after the residents. The facility itself is beautiful,

So far we are satisfied with them.

It's still new, and we are in the independent side, so there is a lot still to be seen. So far we are satisfied with them. It's a clean place, and the people are friendly. We don't use any services and haven't checked out any activities yet.

My experience with Alden of Waterford

My father has lived at Alden of Waterford for several months.
Their staff is very knowledgeable and caring in providing the needed care for Senior Citizens.
The management and staff create a very good atmosphere and offer numerous activities relating to individual preferences.
I appreciate that my father is very well taken care in his daily needs and how the staff relates to him personally.

I met with Ruth Lange and had a lovely discussion of the senior living opportunities offered in the 33 duplex brick housing units. I was interested to hear the benefits of choosing a buy-in arrangement with a return on the investment at vacating and the services provided with that along with a monthly cost. The single available unit was was pretty spacious, including a full range of apian Kitchen appliances and attractive, however, I was A bit put off by all the extra costs from utilities to dining costs in the main building to $5 to $10 transportation to appointments. I came away thinking that I currently have the same or better situation where I currently reside (own my home in a 55+ services provided community with some activities but no meals or continuity of care.

really good care

They do everything very well. The staff is courteous and professional, and they take really good care of my mom. Everyone that I have come in contact with has been super easy and friendly to deal with. It's been a really good experience, and I would very highly recommend The Gardens of Waterford to anyone who is looking for an assisted living facility for their parents.

Mom's apartment

5 stars in all categories. We're very happy with our choice.

happy camper

I love living here at Alden Horizon the independent apartment building. have made a lot of good friends, I have joined the activity committee and we are adding a lot of different activities. there is something every day I am doing playing cards, dominoes, or bingo.

5 Star Food

We did a lot of shopping around and asked a lot of questions, but when we visited this community we were really impressed with the staff and with the restaurant. The restaurant is a 5 star restaurant the food, waitresses and waiters are excellent.Overall we are very happy and feel we made the right choice.

called.700(studio

called.700(studio

I like Alden Horizion at Waterford & ...

I like Alden Horizion at Waterford & the possibility of lower rent in future. Every thing else is Great. We are on the wait list. I have lived in Mongomery,so I know the area. So much avilable here for the money. I love it. Mom thinks it's too far from family in St Charles, because she is not familar with area. We are waiting for a call!

lOVED THE INDEPENT LIVING BUILDING! ...

lOVED THE INDEPENT LIVING BUILDING! I WOULD MOVE IN NOW BUT THERE IS A WAITING LIST TO GET IN.

private pay ? campus has nursing cent...

private pay ? campus has nursing center.

we visited here. I would have loved t...

we visited here. I would have loved to have chosen this place but don't know if it's medicaid acceptable.

Beautiful facilities. Several options.

Beautiful facilities. Several options.

Nice - Have 2 bed villas and 4 levels...

Nice - Have 2 bed villas and 4 levels of living

Mom would probably have to move to Al...

Mom would probably have to move to Alden Estates of Naperville if she were to go on Medicaid. Alden Estates of Naperville is 2-star rated. Alden of Waterford rehab center, the nursing and rehab facility next door to Alden Courts, is also 2-star rated. The nursing facility is a different building than Alden Courts, but is connected via underground walkway. 4/23/2010 The 2-star rating is for the nursing and rehab center, NOT Alden Courts. Apparently one of the defects at the nursing and rehab center had to do with too many carrots in the mixed vegetables! Alden Courts apparently received no defects when surveyed earlier this year. However, still not a good option because of the possibility Mom would have to be moved in the future. Decided to tour this facility anyway since Mom could possibly be moved to the adjacent building. Best option would be Alden of Naperville in the event she goes on Medicaid, but my feeling is that with her limited mobility the neighboring building might be suitable. Asked the director about this on 5/10 -- would need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as to whether Alden of Waterford nursing and rehab would be suitable. Toured the facility today -- Alden Courts is a beautiful facility comparable to Brighton Gardens of Wheaton. They have three distinct levels of care specifically for dementia patients -- in fact the entire building is dedicated to dementia patients. Each care level is in its own "neighborhood", each of which contains a maximum of 22 residents. Each has separate dining facilities. A "sunset room" containing skyights and white lights is also provided to minimize "sunset syndrome" common in dementia patients. Semi-private and private rooms are both very nice -- have furniture provided but will accept additional furniture provided by the residents. Each room as a private baths which is left open, and covered by a curtain rather than a door, to encourage residents to use the bathroom. Big downside, however -- if Mom qualifies for Medicaid she would need to be mcved to Alden Estates of Naperville -- Alden of Waterford nursing home does not take dementia patients for long-term care. Better option than Brighton Gardens, however, in that it is another Alden facility that routinely takes, and gives preference to, Medicaid patients previouly resident in another Non-Medicaid Alden facility. $5,000 semi-private, $6,000 private, plus one-time community fee and additional monthly medication administration fee. Catholic services provided every Sunday. Family can either provide own incontinece supplies, or the facility can order them and bill us depending on quantity purchased.

$459 for 1 bd. Must be 62

$459 for 1 bd. Must be 62

I saw this facility and really like it.

I saw this facility and really like it.

At Alden of Waterford, you become part of a continuum of care community offering the warmth of a friendly village, the amenities of a lively resort and the skilled medical services of a superb health facility all within pleasant, safe surroundings. Should you ever need rehab therapy or treatment for an illness, you’ll receive the highest skilled care possible along with the most comfortable accommodations. In fact, our state-of –the-art Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is conveniently located just off the charming Alden “Promenade,” the popular indoor mall bedecked with flowers, park benches, umbrella tables and genuine, old fashioned popcorn machine. As soon as you feel up to it, you can resume your favorite activities, attend the next Ice Cream Social, and enjoy meals at your usual table in the dining room and welcome visits from your friends. In short, you can still celebrate the fine art of living! Alden of Waterford is a community built and managed by the Alden Group, a company with over 30 years experience in senior health care. We specialize in meeting your needs today –and tomorrow.