Accommodating staff!!

My loved one has been at this community two separate times for short stays and both times she was very satisfied with how things went. I was very comfortable with the quality of care the staff provided her and had a peace of mind that she was in good hands during her stay. We are going to be moving her in permanently here shortly and we are really looking forward to it.

Friendly staff, residents and homey atmosphere

My grandmother moved in here and she likes it a lot! I'm really glad we chose this community for her. She's winning a lot of BINGO! She talks about the food all the time. We chose them because the environment had a homey and good feel. The residents are very diverse and have a lot more female residents. So far we are pleased with our choice.

Good Safe Community

I'am doing pretty well with my move to this community. Everything is working out pretty well so far. The community looks nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff is nice, they have been kind and friendly. The meals are pretty good. There are nice activities available. I'am comfortable here at this community. This is a good safe place, and I would recommend it.

An ok community!

This was a nice community. I did not think the setup would work for my mom. There seemed to be tripping hazards. This is an older building. The staff I met were nice.

Very Nice Experiences

My wife's grandmother lived here and we were very pleased. They do a good job caring her. It is a nice looking community, they do a very good job with keeping everything neat and well maintained. Everything worked out very well. Our experiences in this community were very nice.

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

Nice location. Needs updating. Not the cleanest!

Review of Sunnymere - Aurora, IL

The facility is small, quiet, and charming. The grounds are beautiful. It is very small housing, less than 30 residents currently.

Our concerns were safety in Tornado and fire situations. We didn't feel that our mom would be able to climb the stairs in an emergency. It is a very old building.

Review of Sunnymere - Aurora, IL

My family is so pleased with the care my mother-in-law Millie receives here. The staff ratio is wonderful; their care and concern are unbeatable. The food is delicious and the surroundings are beautiful. Ruth has been a charm.

Rejected. Facility old, dark, and out-dated. Doors to toilet too narrow for even a walker. Sink/vanity located in narrow alcove with no counter top space. Sink in bedroom with carpeted floor in front.

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

My mother has lived at Sunnymere for over 4 years. She has had great care, and everyone is very friendly. Very family friendly. Good food, clean facility, activities and crafts to keep the residents busy.

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

Very nice facility. Updated, clean, comfortable, beautiful grounds -- wish there was a shower in the room!

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

While the facility was neat and clean, the residents did not appear happy. The facility lacked the type of stimulation our loved one requires. Very few activities or social gatherings for the residents would seem to cause them to isolate themselves in their rooms.

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

Sunnymere was both a life saver to me as well as the most pleasant organized and friendly at managing both staff and residents. Ruth the director is in her right element. Professional and most courteous. She helps us to retain our dignity.

Review of Sunnymere in Aurora, IL

I toured this senior living facility. I would rate it as average.

Easy to call home

All staff treat residents as family members. A well-maintained older brick building with private rooms overlooking manicured lawn with mature trees backing up to golf course. Home cooked meals with variety and choice of serving size. Assistance is available when necessary. This assisted living facility is easy to call home.

My mother in law is completely happy ...

My mother in law is completely happy and comfortable at Sunnymere

A Genuine Caring Community

When our mom could no longer live on her own we looked at numerous assisted living facilities. After a lot of research we made the decision to have her move into Sunnymere. It was important to find a place that she could call home and the staff would not just be doing a job but were caring and kind to her. We have found this to be the case at Sunnymere and the more we have gotten to know them the more we felt we made an excellent decision. Ruth Imsinger, the executive director models the love and respect towards the tenants which filters down through the staff. Larry the cook does a wonderful job and our mom loves the food. Mom really enjoys the games and sitting outside enjoying the beautiful setting. We would highly recommend Sunnymere because of its loving and caring atmosphere.

Grateful for Sunnymere

My family is profoundly grateful for the welcoming, warm, and safe atmosphere at Sunnymere which has made a very difficult transition a tremendously less painful process for our mother. The intentionally personal and deliberately professional demeanor of each level of staff has made my mother feel overwhelmingly welcomed, safe, and at home. As a matter of face, she describes her experience as being in college and her living quarters as her dorm. Sunnymere has become a place that our mother loves.

My Dad loves this place!

My Dad often says, "This place is the next best thing to heaven!"

Once the decision was made to bring my Dad from Missouri to Illinois I looked at many different assisted living facilities around the area. While they all had many benefits to offer I immediately felt at home with Sunnymere and just knew this was the place for him.
He has now been here for 6 1/2 months and I couldn't imagine a better place. Nearly every day he comments on how well he is taken care of and how comfortable he is with the friendly feeling.
I would also like to offer my thanks to the staff for making me feel comfortable and confident in the quality of care provided for my Dad. Every time I have stopped and asked for a little of their time they have been willing to drop everything and give me all the time I needed. What a wonderful way to run a business.

Lovely place to live

Where to begin? Thank you’s do not suffice. How can I make you understand the appreciation I feel for Sunnymere?
My mother, Gladys Mason, joined them on a Saturday afternoon in May, not the best time for a new admission. Mom gave everyone the silent treatment, but it was me she was angry with, not them. A totally independent woman for nearly all of her 106 years does not surrender that independence easily.
Larry and the kitchen/dining room staff are the best! Good food and caring people make those three meals a day, plus snacks, something for the residents to look forward to.
The staff treat people, even angry people, with patience and much kindness. Every one of the staff is special in their own way. Renae, Bridget, Amanda, Sharon, Mona, and Mary noticed when she needed supplies and got them for her.
As time passed, my mother accepted the fact that she could not go home alone again. Having her own furniture was a huge comfort and more than once, in the end, I think she thought she was home again.
Truly, Sunnymere is a home and not an institution. It is a very special place, a credit to Aurora. Each of the staff is a credit to Sunnymere. I pray you never think of it as only a JOB because you have a vocation to be so very proud of. You help people in need. You care.
Sunnymere will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I am so blessed to have found them. My mother was so blessed to have had all of the staff in her life. God bless them all.

Doors to bathrooms narrow. Resident ...

Doors to bathrooms narrow. Resident would have to move walker sideways to get in. Older building. Funny smell in 2nd floor bedroom. Stains on carpeting.

"The look of the Past with a View to the Future"

Established in 1895, Sunnymere is a not for profit organization that strives to provide quality independent and assisted living at an affordable price.

Entering the doors of Sunnymere is like stepping back in time - high ceilings, hardwood floors, screened porches, wicker furniture - birds singing in the tall oak trees which surround more than seven acres of beautifully landscaped terrain with a golf course view.

The home-like atmosphere features many beautiful antiques all incorporated into today's contemporary style. And, at Sunnymere, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are yours every day of the year. Laundry and housekeeping are taken care of too. Daily activities are provided in the beautiful new activity center.

Through the generosity of Aurorans Jessie Farnsworth, Clara Bowron, Fannie Henderson, and others, residents pay only a portion of their monthly cost. The remaining cost is provided through income from endowment funds.

Personal service is the hallmark of care at Sunnymere. All are welcome to visit and see why we say, "Why visit a bed and breakfast when you could be living in one!"