Heritage Woods of Batavia - Batavia, IL

Review of Heritage Woods of Batavia

My mother lived at heritage Woods for over 10 years in a nice one bedroom apartment. She is Now 102 years old and has moved to a more long term care facility. However, she appreciated the excellent care and friends she made with staff other residents. I strongly recommend Heritage Woods and our family is most appreciative.

So Glad We Found Heritage for Mom

My Mom is a happy resident of Heritage and I had to take a moment to express my admiration and gratefulness to what has become the blossoming of her old self again. As an only son, me and my wife always tried to find interesting things to do together, but when she now looks forward to singers, dancers, children's choirs, knitting classes, and tonight's 5:00 hula dancers, I can't express the peace and joy her new life there offers her. The management and staff are fantastic and they treat us like family when we have any issues and are extremely concerned and helpful in every area where we have had issues, be it health, financial or otherwise.

I feel it is important to realize Heritage is not a nursing home and there is certain criteria required to live there. This was explained from our first meeting and reiterated throughout the process, but while she is in good health, we hope and pray that continues so that she can continue looking forward to the great food, fun and feelings they offer her. I just needed to give credit where it is due, so thanks for giving us the opportunity.

Think Twice

Do not consider Heritage woods of Batavia family member there for some years always change in CNA some are very rude and not helpful with residents rude to family members and very disrespectful. when need support from management no help there, Watch the hidden cost if family member has to go to rehab facility for any reason will charge you a daily rate to hold your apartment on top of your rent don't pay you will immediately be escorted out with your family belonging Food service awful not enough servers . when love one needs their help they find ways to get them out for the next person they do keep score. This place is a revolving door be aware.

Must be highly functional to live here.

I do not recommend Heritage Woods unless you are highly functional. There are not enough CNA's if you need any additional care or help with taking medications or have any personal hygiene issues, dementia or memory issues. Only one CNA for each floor. If you're placed on the newer/annex wing of the complex, those residents get left out of many activities that are mainly held on the other side of the building. It's too far of a walk for some of the residents and CNA's aren't helpful with getting them over there because they are too short staffed. Felt that some CNAs are not very engaging with their residents, but found them talking to their fellow CNA's more than to their residents. Once any residents begins to have confusion or dementia they immediately have you take urine analysis which is good to check for Urinary Tract Infections, but could be used later as reason to have you moved out because your are not considered a "good fit". Found that some of the nurses were rude and unprofessional when dealing with resident's family. They were also having staffing issues for CNA's and difficulty hiring house keeping. Was paying for some services that were not being provided as promised due to staffing issues. Noticed that there were some rooms that were a revolving door with new residents that were soon moved out and replaced with another new resident. The rooms are nice and the food was very good, but you must be highly functional to live here or they will be quick to move you out.

This place is 4 star, vary caring 5, thoughtful of 1st needs.
Love it.

We got my aunt here after my mother passed. At first she hated the change. Now she loves it at looks the best she has in 20 years. She looks forward to everyday. Thank You.

The facility was very impressive. Clean, well kept, very nicely decorated. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I will bring my mother to see it before I make a final decision. I'm sure she will love it.

In the middle of a Remodel!

The community at Heritage Woods of Batavia is undergoing a remodel. It was nicely kept when we toured. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and helpful. They were able to address all of our questions and concerns.

The Tour Went Good

It was a good tour of the community. I got to meet with the manager on site. I did like this place. It seemed no different than some other communities. The manager was focused and informative.

Future Resident

We loved the staff and community atmosphere and are planning to move our Mom into Heritage Woods this summer.

A great place

My mom recently moved into Heritage Woods. I am so pleased with how welcoming the staff has been to her. Everyone has been great about introducing themselves and walking her through how everything works.
As a loved one I feel so good about her move there. I feel confident she is in good hands.
I also really appreciate how welcoming they have been to me. Welcoming me for some meals and activities so I can help my mother get in the routine and feel comfortable.

5 stars

They have been fantastic and great there. I have no complaints. I rate them all 5 stars.

They Have Done Everything Well

They have done everything well and my loved one said it was a wonderful place. The people are friendly and it is clean. They really keep an eye on her and there are no complaints as of this moment. They have a dining room you can reserve to have a party and they supplied a lot of the items like the plates and drinks and cups, so that was awesome.

Wonderful World of Heritage - (I call it CAREitage;)

Our Mom has been at Heritage for just over a year now and although I wanted to yell from the rooftops from day one how blessed we are to have chosen it, maybe it's better that after a full year, it continues to offer the incredible experience for all of us as a family, so it means more to have waited. Every single person from the first day was warm, helpful, sincere, kind, and I truly love them. The food is as fantastic as the people who prepare and serve it. Every day our phone call includes what she had and how much she enjoyed it. She doesn't miss my cooking at all;) but that's ok - on Sundays I still have her over to remember it. When we visit, I am excited to see the staff who have become like dear, dear friends. It's very clear, it's not just a job for them, it's a true desire to enrich lives for their residents and their loved ones. The activities, bus trips, exercise, movies - fantastic for her - she even knitted me a scarf she made at class and was so proud. To have a clear head every day knowing she is active, safe and happy means more than any words can express.

The apartments are sunny, clean and bright and kept up impeccably. I want to mention names, but there are so many it would make me feel awful to forget anyone. Besides, there is not enough room for my list of sweethearts. I've yet to run into any person there who doesn't impress me. Mom is a "new person" as described from loved ones, looks better, feels better, laughs from the belly often again - while looking for the right spot, she was scared and we were concerned and worried about her welfare when it was clear living on her own was not an option any longer and she was determined to keep some independence, and then all our stress and fears were replaced with comfort and confidence knowing she is so, so happy, well-fed, cute new friends to enjoy, CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!! There aren't enough words, but I think I used up my space - thank you!

Good Food

The food is good, the people are very nice there. She was a happy camper, they made her feel very secure at the Heritage Woods. I just tried to get her into a place that was safe and clean and had good food.

Heritage Woods Review

The staff was extremely helpful in assessing the prospective resident's needs. She is very happy with her room, food, staff and general accommodations.

My 93 year old mom has been living here for over 6 years. She has had surgery and illnesses during this time, with follow-up rehab care in other facilities, but she always worked hard in her recovery so she could get back "home" to Heritage Woods. She has developed friendships that uplift her and has been involved with many activities that are offered. The office staff is knowledgeable and always ready to help us. The wonderful nurses and most CNA's work hard to understand and support her changing needs. Mom wasn't able to go out for Mother's Day this year, but Heritage Woods reserved the intimate private dining room off the main dining room for us so that we could bring brunch to her and celebrate for a couple of hours. They provided and set up everything we needed ahead of time (all dinnerware and beverages) and made sure all was well. It was, indeed! My mom says she is comfortable, feels respected, and that she is treated in a kind, dignified manner. I am so grateful she is living at this particular facility. It is a blessing.

Disappointed in Assistance.

we were impressed when we visited, staff was great. However, once mom was in there the assistance was minimal. They would help mom get to the bathroom in the morning, then leave. Would come back 20-30 minutes later and help her dress - then leave. If she rang for help they didn't always respond. Finally - 3 weeks into her new home, she had a problem with her oxygen levels and reported it to them. They left her sitting alone and finally she called me. When I arrived 20 minutes later, she was at a level of 55 still and no one was with her. I had to find the nurse to call 911. They offered excuses but NO excuse is valid for leaving her sitting alone and crying. We will move her as soon as we can, or we will have to be there with her every day. So very disappointed in their care.

I liked this property a lot. But my Mom would want something more "fancy."

More expensive than Gurnee.

More expensive than Gurnee.

We're as happy as you can be about it

We chose it because it's in town and we can easily both get over and see mom, first and foremost was location, secondly, they do take medicaid if and when she runs into that problem. My sister had her mother in law there and they felt fairly satisfied with it. It's a sad situation, you can never feel 100% about doing this, it's not the facility's fault, its the discomfort with having to place someone there and the person you've placed not beign happy there but she really couldn't stay alone anymore. I actually think what's happened has probably been really good, everybody was really nice, the food is great, I loved the food, there's always a choice (she says its not like home cooking), she get's a little exercise, she's always been a good walker and they did say they'd try to find her a walking partner but that never happened; that may be a difficult thing for them to find there.

Waiting List

This was in our top 2 but we needed to move into a community immediate and they had a waiting list. It is a big and beautiful community and just lovely. It is a multi level community. The person that gave us the tour was very friendly but he is no longer working there. The community is gorgeous and it would be very nice for some people. The food was ok.

My mom might really like this one Wi...

My mom might really like this one Will have to check out pricing

We visited Heritage in Sycamore. Okay...

We visited Heritage in Sycamore. Okay place. Wasn't too attracted to it.

The Heritage Woods affordable assisted lifestyle community has compassionately served adults 65 and older of all incomes who may need some help to maintain their independence since the community opened for occupancy in 2003. We provide a wonderful alternative to a nursing home or the lonely prospect of struggling at home. Our apartments are available on a rental basis and especially designed for those who cannot afford private pay assisted living. Since we do not discriminate financially, we do accept both private pay and Medicaid financial assistance payment.

Heritage Woods of Batavia is located in the Tri-City Area of Batavia, St. Charles and Geneva along the Fox River in Kane County west of Chicago, Illinois and is managed by BMA Management, Ltd., a mission-driven company that is the largest provider of affordable assisted living in Illinois.