River Glen of St. Charles - Saint Charles, IL

Happy and Safe

I moved my mom into assisted living at River Glen about seven months ago. I toured and researched MANY care facilities and found that River Glen was the best fit. The community is smaller than most so it has more of a family feel and easy to maneuver. The apartments are spacious and bright with full, private bathrooms and nice sized kitchenettes. I really like that the dining room is open all day. Since my mom likes to sleep in, she doesn’t have to rush and can eat whenever she wants. The property outside is gorgeous with multiple porches, gazebo and walking paths with beautiful landscaping. Every single staff member, nurse and aide greets my mom (and her dog) by name which usually includes a big hug. Her medications are meticulously managed by the top notch nursing staff. There are various daily activities which include something for everyone. The social/activities staff are so much fun and full of positive energy! My mom seems so much healthier and happier now that she is safe and no longer has the stress of managing her house or worrying about being a burden while living in our house. She has the independence and privacy of her own place with 24 hour nursing care yet we can see each other often.

We really liked this facility. They have several screened in porches, a walking club, and pathes around the facility. The one bedroom is a great size and has great windows. They have larger refrigerators than most places. I really like that they never close the kitchen. It’s open all day and said they can eat six meals if they want or just come in for ice cream. The BEST of all is that they will not throw you out if you run out of money. They is a huge deal. They have doctors that come in, so you don’t have to take them out to their doctors. We have setup an appointment for next week to take my husband’s mother in for lunch and a tour.

All that was promised.

My mother has been at River Glen for the past year and has had an excellent experience. The staff has been very attentive and accommodating to her needs. She has enjoyed making new friends, as well as, enjoyed many of the musical performances. She feels safe, secure and well cared for. As her daughter, I couldn’t be anymore pleased and happy.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Ensuring the satisfaction of all residents is our goal. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident experience each and every day.

Respite Care blessing for my mom

My 86 yo mom fell and was having a difficult time managing the pain/staying on top of the medicine schedule and caring for herself, living alone in a single family home. Mom’s two week respite care stay at River Glen was fabulous. I kept calling it her “vacation”...clean and quiet studio apartment, delicious food, caring staff and nurses, peaceful and friendly environment. Mom was able to rest, heal and return to her activities at home. Very thankful to EVERYONE there! And I know mom is going to miss the new friends she made there, too.

Sandy Pennington

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day. We are very happy your mother enjoyed her stay with us.

Wonderful environment

Our Mom currently resides at River Glen. She is very happy with the care she receives and the overall atmosphere. The staff: front desk, administrators, nurses, caregivers, dining staff, cleaning crew are all friendly and very professional. The nursing staff/caregivers are proactive and communicative. The overall ambience is cozy and charming. We and Mom are well pleased.

Sandy Pennington

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive to provide the best experience for our residents and guests each and every day.

Wonderful environment

Our mom is residing in the assisted living apartments. Prior to Mom's move in, we had a review meeting with multiple department heads. That was impressive. All our questions were answered ensuring us that this was the best fit for Mom.
Mom loves her sunny apt and tells us of the helpful/friendly demeanor of the staff members. Everyone involved: front desk personnel, nurses, caregivers, food service, activity people, directorial members, cleaning people are great. We have never encountered a more friendly and communicative staff.
All cozy areas of the facility -- indoor/outdoor -- are utilized for multiple activities/events. All residents are welcomed and encouraged to participate. On the care side: Due to several chronic conditions, Mom requires quite a bit of help, and we never are worried that she isn't receiving professional/proactive care. The nursing/caregiver staff always communicate quickly and professionally with any questions/input regarding Mom's medical/pharmaceutical/assist needs. That is huge.
It is evident that the staff likes being there and enjoys the residents.

Wonderful place to live

Our mom has lived at River Glenn for 8 months. Love the care and joyful attitude from all. Just attended their annual Ice Cream social with hre children, grandchildren and great grandchildren- a wonderful time had by all... Great car show, Dixieland band... and the best hot dogs ever!

Second family

Very caring environment for residents. Anytime I go to visit,
I feel very welcomed, as well as comforted in knowing that kind and considerate people are taking care of my loved one. A genuinely caring facility in all aspects. Great staff who make you feel like a valued family member.

River Glen

[Removed] from River Glen helped to make my dad's transition to assisted living a better experience than it otherwise would have been. They consistently help me with questions and are dedicated and compassionate. River Glen is a lovely facility with good care.

Likes It Here Very Much

My friend really enjoyed living here before she got ill but she hopes after spending some time in rehab she will be able to return here. She loved the interacting with the other residents. We find the staff to be very friendly and nice and helpful. The community is clean and well maintained. She had been liking the food. I would recommend this community

Not the best fit!

While my mother was in this community, it was not a good fit. They had no snacks and they recently changed management. I am glad I got her out of there before they did so.

Words can't express my appreciativeness

My wife is in the memory care unit here and I am so delighted with her care I highly praise the staff for being outstanding in the care you give our loved ones , but also you are highly committed to helping your residents. m all The facility is a very beautiful place I absolutely have no regrets with my decision. Keep up the wonderful job you all do!

Does not have Continuing ca...

Does not have Continuing care, just senior housing.

Nice facility, poor care

My mother lived at Delnor Glen for about a year and a half. The facility is lovely; the food is good. Most of the staff is kind, friendly and helpful. The one problem we had was with the "caregivers", who could have been much better. In one instance my mother was prescribed a new medication. I asked the nurse more than once how Mom was handling it and was always told things were good. When I got the pharmacy bill a month later I discovered the prescription had never been ordered. (If the nurse had actually considered my question she probably would have realized this.) On another occasion my mother was supposed to medicated before a procedure. She left for the hospital before the drug was administered. (Her memory is failing which is why we pay to have someone else handle her meds.) Delnor Glen staff did not call the hospital to let them know that she'd missed getting her medication, nor did they inform the family. It was only after we learned of problems with the procedure that we asked if she'd had the meds and found out she'd not received them. Another time when she was taken to the hospital by ambulance her paperwork (DNR, etc) could not be located and we did not know she had been admitted to ICU until she was able to speak with a nurse the following day and have us called. These are just a few problems that come quickly to mind. I also didn't appreciate the condescending tone the nurse and aids used with my college-educated mother. I doubt she did, either.

All-in-all, if one is independent and in good health Delnor Glen would be a lovely place to live. If one needs assistance, I recommend looking elsewhere. We moved my mother to a community that offered better care.

Memory unit similar to Belmont, added...

Memory unit similar to Belmont, added fees based on min. of additional care in AL. 30 hours of personal care time allowed per month in AL's basic charge. Laundry additional in AL and memory unit at $9/load. Rooms are spacious.

This might be a good fit for Mom.

This might be a good fit for Mom.

At Riverr Glen, our assisted living services are designed to help maximize independence and add to quality of life. Residents enjoy all the benefits of living in a home-like setting, with the added security of knowing that caring staff is always close-at-hand. Our bright studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments are available in a variety of floor plans. One monthly fee covers three meals per day, weekly housekeeping, one-hour of personal care per day, maintenance, utilities, scheduled transportation and a full schedule of social and cultural activities.