Jennings Terrace - Aurora, IL

Established in 1943 Jennings Terrace is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to serving the needs of area senior citizens in a home-like setting. Jennings is a provider of affordable high quality services. Our services are responsive and flexible to meet current and changing demands.

Jennings has the capacity to serve 160 seniors with a spectrum of living accommodations and supportive services. They include, but are not limited to, independent and assisted living and at the same location 24-hour skilled nursing care.

At Jennings Terrace you determine your own level of independence, you define the support you need, and you select the supportive services. Jennings’
qualified staff will provide your services, encourage your involvement and work together to preserve your independence and dignity.

All levels of nursing care use measurable tools carefully designed to evaluate each resident. This allows you, the staff and your family to address important issues with fitness, medical treatment, social service, activities and dietary considerations.

Our goal is to incorporate our home like setting and services into your lifestyle. An environment where you feel happy safe and secure and friends and family do also. Together we can create a home that ensures your health and safety, where you’re among friends.

My Loved One Is Very Content

So far, my loved one seems to be doing okay at Jennings Terrace. The people there are nice, and he has been involved with a radio broadcast group to comes to the community. He is very interested in drama and acting, so this gives him a chance to enjoy this hobby with others. My only concern is that I think the rooms are very small. There is barely enough room for standard furniture like a twin bed and dresser. However, he seems very content there.

Nice tour

Jennings Terrace was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community because we were looking for a community with independent options.

It Is Good In the Nursing Side

My brother is in the nursing care side of the community. The staff are professional and friendly. He gets suitable meals. The are getting him involved with exercises and book reading. They are communicating with me very good. It is close to me and it is something that can fit in our budget.

Good choice!

We toured this community when looking for my grandmother and we liked it very much. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. We didn't choose this community because we thought she would be more comfortable in another community we toured. The first impression was great here!

Various Meal Plans!

Jennings Terrace has various meal plans to accommodate their residents. The person that took me on tour was attentive and took me to see the bedrooms, dinning room, and activities center. I liked the set up of the rooms and the community. Unfortunately, this place didn't' work out for us the location wasn't very close.

The best community in the area!!

My husband was only in the memory care unit at Jennings Terrace for about 2 weeks before he passed away and it was the best place for him. The staff are friendly and work as a team, our doctor was also on the staff there. They made the last couple weeks peaceful and good. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

very pleased with the service and the attention

My mother is at Jennings Terrace. I am very pleased with the service and the attention that she is getting. It is a really good fit for her. It is going to take a while for her to settle in. I think the staff are really working to make her feel comfortable mentally and physically. I had a couple comments about her room and bathroom and they actually put in a new floor for her. They even made a place for her to say while they were working on that. She has had problems with the staff waking her up too early to fit into the meal schedule. Also on Sunday the meal starts so late that it's difficult for her to make it to church on time. So that is my only complaint really but it does keep the cost down. Overall it has been a good experience.

really pleased

I am really pleased with Jennings Terrace. Everything here gets fives stars from me. There is nothing I would have to complain about at this time. I really like this facility. Everything is going quite well here.

Mom is happy!

My mom has been at Jennings a little over a month. She is very happy there. The staff has been wonderful. She enjoys the meals greatly. We are very pleased with her experience thus far and look for more of the same.

dark and long halls. Must ...

dark and long halls. Must walk alone to get meds and to dining.

Diane Beukelman

Our hallways are longer as we are a one story building with no need for elevators. We do use indirect lighting in our hallways to support a home-like quality to our hallways rather than bright institutional lighting. Hardly anyone walks alone to our med pass nursing station or the dining room, as many residents all head the same way at the same time and enjoy conversing and walking together.

Very caring and affordable

We contacted Jennings Terrace for my good friend with COPD/Pulmonary Fibrosis issues. Everyone we contacted was warm and caring. We liked it especially because both skilled care and assisted living were available. It is also very affordable. Unfortunately my friend was only there for about 5 days when she went back to the hospital and never was able to go back. So I don't know much about activities.

We enjoyed the tour very mu...

We enjoyed the tour very much, the rooms were a little smaller, but liked the setup which included independent, assisted living and the Nursing Home all under one roof. My folks would never have to move again.

Overall very pleased with the care my...

Overall very pleased with the care my dad received. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would not hesitate to endorse them

Very affordable we think. ...

Very affordable we think. Very welcoming. Considering possibility of first 30 days at $150/day in skilled care to ease transition from Manor Care. Not thrilled with shower down the hall. Will my loved one be able to walk to dining room? Wheelchair not an option inside dining room. Would have to get window air conditioners for 2 rooms. Single bed and some other furniture provided.

Clean, comfy, good lunch, g...

Clean, comfy, good lunch, good return for the $$ at Jennings. My sister, and Mom both found it inviting.

Dan Marmo

Very pleased with Jennings terrace will definitely will use them again. I felt comfortable the minute they greeted him and made him feel special. They are an awesome staff. Thank you for helping me find such a caring place

Tired but Clean

My sister is blind due to diabetes so they're making an effort to help her with that, to be more self sufficient. She is not as old as the other residents so I don't think she's totally happy there but economically, this is the most viable solution for her.

There are some staff that are very friendly and there are some that are a bit abrasive. They don't have a huge population there but they don't have a huge staff either but I do think they've given her quite a bit of attention. They have been taking her to target and trying to give her some independence so that is good.

It's an old facility but it's clean. The furnishings are tired but they can't put a lot of their money back into the furnishings because then they couldn't make it affordable for the residents.

Small, Dark, and Depressing

It was small and seemed dark and depressing. The place was clean but the residents didn't seem happy. They seemed like they were lost.

Diane Beukelman

Our private resident rooms are smaller than some new construction, but we have numerous spacious lounges that offer a great space for family visits or getting together with other residents. We do provide memory care to our residents at all levels of service - Independent, Assisted and Skilled Nursing.

Outstanding food and great value

We were in a situation were we had to chose a community and we are glad we chose Jennings Terrace. We looked at other communities and this one was just the best choice for our situation. It is a very nice community and is very clean and very well maintained. The staff is really friendly. We are happy with the value and what they offer. There is no odor when you walk in. The food here is outstanding we have had a chance to eat breakfast and lunch and it was just outstanding. They have an annual car show there so it gives the residents a taste of the old days. Overall it is a very nice community and we are extremely happy we chose them to care for our mom.

Toured facility in early Ap...

Toured facility in early April - friendly staff but facility feels somewhat clinical/institutional. Affordability is a plus but if daily colostomy care is required we would have to consider nursing home side of facility. All nursing home facilities seem very restrictive given Mom's mobility.