The Bristal at West Babylon - West Babylon, NY

The Bristal at West Babylon - West Babylon, NY has yet not published prices.

GREAT ALL AROUND EXPERIENCE

My 95 year old mother moved into the Bristal In West Babylon a few months ago, relocating from years of living in Florida. This was a big adjustment for her and we were hoping she would acclimate well to her new environment, assisted living vs. independent living. The apartment is lovely and the people who work there have made her move a truly great experience. The activities are diversified, keep her busy (even more than she ever was in Florida). My mother continuously says how wonderful all the staff is. They are extremely helpful, caring and know everyone's names. She enjoys the food, the socials and the outside trips they have. The Bristal always welcomes family to visit which is a wonderful plus. We are glad we moved her here.

Best thing ever

It was a difficult decision but the best thing I have done for my mom. I really feel in the 3 months she has been there her quality of life has improved immensely. She has a social life doing arts and crafts, exercises, playing cards trips to the stores. Just everyday interaction with people her age. And the staff is so friendly and caring.

Avoid The Bristal in West Babylon

The Bristal at West Babylon is AWFUL. My mother was three for 3 months ([dates removed]). She entered walking in from ReHab and left in a wheel chair. The care was terrible and we paid for the highest level. They don’t bring food to sick residents in their rooms. The send a tray with tea and toast. Their staff is not well trained. They are scrambling to hire people and replace their director of the wellness center. Stay far away if you need care.

Beautiful, clean facility and jam packed with activities. For the most part, staff is very friendly and attentive. Food quality is very good.

A Daughter’s View

I have not stopped raving about this amazing place...the care and consideration of the staff, the wealth of activities and entertainment opportunities, the on-site healthcare, the great daily dining options, to say nothing of the elegant building design and decor, have made my Mom’s move to assisted living a joyful new phase in her life...and given me the peace of mind that comes with knowing that she is in good hands, 24/7...

The BEST Assisted Living Facility!

WE CAN'T IMAGINE A BETTER ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY!
My wife and I were immediately impressed with the immaculate and top quality appearance of The Bristal at West Babylon.
Then we looked at all the activities; there was something for everyone, continuously all day long, 7 days a week.
Residents came up to us as we initially toured the facility and every time we visited our mom. They told us how happy they are and what a wonderful place the Bristal is. They took our mom under their wing and encouraged her to join them in the activities. Our mom had very limited speech ability but she told us "I like the people."
The staff was extremely friendly, courteous and professionally competent. We never heard anyone grumble or complain; they went above and beyond to make our mom happy and comfortable. They took pride in their jobs and obviously enjoyed working there.
The managers were PHENOMENAL! [name removed] and [name removed] did a great job of introducing us to the Bristal, guiding us through the application process and getting our mom settled in. [name removed] and [name removed] were outstanding in helping us through an extremely stressful time when our mom's health rapidly declined. They really made us feel that we were part of the Bristal family. When we had to move our mom to the hospital, [name removed] epitomized the warm, caring atmosphere that is what makes the Bristal so great! On departure, she told us that if either my wife or I ever needed to talk, she was there for us.
I don't normally write reviews but I felt compelled to give credit to the wonderful people at the Bristal. I have to admit that I am skeptical when I read reviews that they may be planted and not honest. If you want to contact me directly, feel free to email me at [removed]. I don't hand out compliments too often but I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience we had with the Bristal!
- [name removed]

The West Babylon Bristal has and continues to make us feel as though our mom has found the perfect home. The thoughtful, caring and professional staff go out of their way to make each resident feel as though they are their top priority. The ease and convenience of the wellness wing makes routine medical checkups travel and hassle-free. The upbeat atmosphere and endless activities cater to everyone there, and foster a warm, inclusive social environment.
Each day we get together and she tells us of all the programs in which she took part, we are reminded of what a wonderful decision she made to move in, and to move closer to us.

Beautiful, Clean Community

My mother is very happy at The Bristal. I just love [Removed], the director. She is fantastic. She's such a lovely person, and she has been working very hard to get the programs running in the community. I hope that the activities here become more diversified as they develop. As of now, there are activities, but not a huge array of choices. The food is very good, but I often need to remind the staff that my loved one does have special dietary needs and that they need to be sure her food is cut up very small. Otherwise, the community is beautiful, it's clean, and everyone seems very happy there. We are very pleased.

Great experience...

Staff super supportive, knowledgeable and friendly. Mom is kept active all day but if she wants some down time or nap time that is accommodated. Lots of activities. Super clean and food is good.

Beautiful clean and bright. A secure facility for those that need memory care. The only drawback was they only offer up to a specific amount of needs. For example if your loved one has difficulty swallowing, they don't offer puréed food. Plenty of activities. All private rooms. Just lovely.