Pleasantview Home for Adults - Bay Shore, NY

The personal attention and care is what keeps my Mom happy. She is treated like a true member of the family. She is cared for and loved.

I do not know what I would have done. My mother is in the best health and is getting stronger every day. I cannot give a recommendation high enough for Pleasant View. The care give to my mother is beyond excellence.

Highly recommended for the family wanting a intimate setting.

The director was super friendly and extremely kind. She took a genuine approach to everyone there. The facility was very clean. The nurse got my father up to moving, she really tried. She would help him do exercises to work his legs. He was mentality alert but he was blind. The basic price was very fair (My dad needed one and one care) and the price was reasonable. But putting the two cost together was a lot for my family to handle. That's one of the reasons it didn't work out in the end. He was to much work and they tried really hard. The attention given was exceptional. we gave it our best shot.

The Director runs an excelent home. S...

The Director runs an excelent home. She is well educated in the care of her patients, and a very loving person. I did like her very well, the home was clean and patients well cared for.

Pleasant View is Family-Type home for adults who need aid in their daily activities and who should not be left alone. We provide the needed supervision and gentle kindness that a person would hope to find for their loved ones.

We are not a nursing facility but instead we specialize in homes in which our residents live with up to six other adults in a fun and friendly environment. We have family meals, picnics, cook outs, parties, holiday celebrations, and outings! We consider all residents a part of our extended family.

We accept many different individuals who are at different levels of care including those with dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Our highly trained staff has first aid certification and CPR training. We are licensed by New York State and inspected by divisions of Social Service.

There are basic services that all FTHA's (Family-Type Homes for Adults) should provide. Room & Board, 24-hour assistance with emergency call systems, laundry services, housekeeping, special diets, medication supervision, furnished rooms, assistance with personal care and transportation services. (On request for a fee) Discover Pleasant View special qualities and meet the operator and family.

With this in mind, we do family vacations together (if able), go on picnics, to the movies, suggest yoga lessons, dine out, and holiday functions. (There are additional charges for these additional activities.) We have a yearly picnic with all residents and their families invited. Lots of fun and food!