Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrac - Melville, NY

Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrac - Melville, NY has yet not published prices.

keep looking

This place is nice and clean, most staff are nice however certain upper management ladies have big mouths that gossip and cause trouble. with families and other businesses. If there is a problem they do not communicate to solve the problem they gossip. These certain people are unprofessional , immature and this behavior is illegal. It has been brought to the attention of the head of BW more than once and the behavior still continues because the ladies are still employed. For this reason I would not recommend this place. They need to dispose of these ladies, then the place would get 4 stars from me.

AGING WITH DIGNITY

My mother has lived at Brandywine Assisted Living, Huntington Terrace since December, 2017. Widowed four years earlier, she had been living independently in a home where she raised nine children with her husband of 68 years and had an active career as a professional artist. Her family understood her fierce determination to remain in her home surrounded by a lifetime of memories; but after a series of hospitalizations and general deterioration of her physical and emotional health we realized alternative preparations for her future had to be considered. After 6 weeks in a rehab facility, a recommendation was made for assisted living with enhanced assistance. My mother left rehab needing help with ambulating with a walker and activities of daily living.

After exploring a number of assisted living facilities, we selected Brandywine. The physical layout of the Brandywine is warm and comforting. The entry room, book lined walls, fireplace, cafe and mutiple sitting rooms with bucolic views all help to create a environment conducive to socialization and comfort. The staff is expert in identifying individual needs. The team from Brandywine believed that my mother could make strides at their facility,and they were correct. After 6 weeks of rehab, she uses a walker without assistance and performs activities of daily living independently. My mother participates in the numerous activities at Brandywine including yoga, Trivial Pursuit, movies, music entertainment and other social gatherings. She has an active social life, has many friends and considers herself to be an integral part of the Brandywine community. My mother has remarked that she is happy in her new home and has set up a space in her apartment where she can paint.

As we celebrate her 91st Birthday I would like to express my gratitude to the Brandywine staff for the new life my mother has been given.

EXPRESSIONIST SHARING WHAT HE SEES,FEELS AND THINKS

MY NAME IS [name removed] I AM A RESIDENT AT BRANDYWINE INDEPENDENT LIVING, HUNTINGTON TERRACE, NY.
I HERE WITH MY WIFE [name removed] FOR 1 1/2 YRS. MY SISTER
IN LAW ALSO IS A RESIDENT. HERE TOGETHER WE HAVE A UNIQUE SITUATION THAT PROVIDES US WITH THE ABILITY TO LIVE AND SHARE QUALITY FAMILY LIFE TOGETHER. WHAT MADE THIS OCCUR IS THE EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT AND STAFF THAT'S HERE MAKING OUR
LIVING CONDITIONS MOST ENJOYABLE. THIS FACILITY IS VERY WELL IN PLACE AND ORGANIZED BECAUSE THE ENTIRE STAFF FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO THE BUSINESS MGR TO HE DIRECTOR OF ACTIVITIES ALL SHOW AN INTEREST WHY THEY ARE HERE. AS A RESIDENT I MUST MENTION THE OUTPUT PROVIDED BY THE FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR ALONG WITH HIS DINNING ROOM MGR AND STAFF. WE ALSO HAVE GREAT
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MAINTENANCE MGR & HIS CREW.
IN ORDER TO EXPRESS MY COMPLETE SATISFACTION I MUST GIVE CREDIT TO THE FRONT DESK PERSONNEL AND THE FRONT OFFICE DIRECTORS. TOGETHTER THEY MAKE THIS LIVING COMPLEX A PLEASURABLE ONE KNOWING THAT I CAN SPEND MORE YEARS IN COMFORT.
I WOULD FURTHER LIKE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON A PART TIME EMPLOYEE WHO SHARES SEVERAL OF HER VALUABLE HOURS ON WEEKENDS PROVIDING AND ATTENDING TO THE RESIDENTS ACTIVITIES. SHE PUTS HER ENTIRE HEART INTO THESE ACTIVITIE AND IT SHOW UP IN HER INTERACTIONS WITH THE RESIDENTS. HER NAME IS [name removed]

Fun time at the Brandywine

My mom has been at the Brandywine independent living facility for year and a half. I attended their holiday party. Brandywine is such a happy environment. The staff could not be lovelier. A great place for people that want to connect with like-minded people and enjoy the comforts of home without all the responsibility.

Mom's happy, safe, and has a life!

In 2014 when mom broke her hip and couldn't live alone anymore we needed to find an assisted living facility that was right for her. We toured 4 facilities but for various reasons weren't comfortable with any of them. Brandywine was the last one on our list. As soon as we walked in we knew this was the place for mom. It was not too big, not too small and was very homey. Mom has been there a little over three years now and is very happy. Of course she would like to turn back time and be in her own home but Brandywine has now become her second home. She now has a life being around people, participating in daily activities, and most important she is happy and safe. The nursing staff is fantastic and the people who run the daily activities are great! The entire staff is so friendly and really look out for mom. If any problems arise, the staff addresses them immediately. I would not hesitate to recommend Brandywine to anyone.

This is the place.

My family was so nervous about the transition from home to Assisted Living. We chose Brandywine because the residents seemed happy and the staff were involved with them each time we visited. The day before we moved mom in so many employees came to visit us and introduce themselves. The day of moms move in we couldn't believe how fast mom trusted the staff. From the moment she walked in she was treated like she was at a 5 star resort. We thought she would not leave our sides. Well, we were wrong. The care staff came to get her for lunch. She went to lunch and then all of the activities straight from there. We were shocked. They have given her (and us) the love and attention she needed to transition as smoothly as possible. Every picture they show us she has a big beautiful smile! And since we visit often we know she is happy and adjusting well. I recommend them to anyone who asks!

Nice place, and reasonably priced

We're pleased with this place so far. It's clean and nice looking, and the staff have been very friendly. They also appear to have a fairly good variety of activities. This location was one of our favorites that we looked at, and also happened to be very conveniently located near family, and reasonably priced compared to others we looked at in the area.

This has not been a great experience.

Things have been going down hill after moving in. Sometimes I'm kind of surprised in the condition she is in when I get there where she has food smeared on her face, her hair not always washed. They do have 24 hour nursing staff. They have a memory care unit but no bars on the beds, no alarms on the beds. There are cords to be pulled but a dementia patient won't know to pull them. The head nurse tries very hard and the other nurses are good but there is not very good communication between one shift to the other. Medication was not always put in the log. Perhaps they could hire more staff. Each care manager has eight patients, that may be a bit high. I don't think they are unkind, but there is room for improvement.

Good location, but not right for Mom

This was one of the locations we looked at for Mom in New York. Everything I saw during our tour looked very nice, it was a beautiful facility and the staff were friendly and seemed very competent. However, I was a bit put off by the attitude staff and the residents. They seemed a stuffy and stuck up, honestly, and I didn't feel like Mom would be a good fit there socially.

They were great!

They were great. She was only there for a few months. They really showed an interest and took care.

I'm satisfied.

I'm satisfied, I would say they have a lot of activites and it is clean and the staff is very friendly.

The staff members were great. They w...

The staff members were great. They were caring and attentive to my father's needs. The food was great and the facility was clean, modern, and provided everything that the residents could ask for. My father was extremely resistant to residing at Brandywine initially. He wanted to go home. After several weeks he started to make friends and actually began to enjoy himself. I never thought he would since he was very set in his ways. Although he passed away shortly afterwards, I have a great sense of gratitude for the staff and peace of mind that my decision to place him at Brandywine gave him quality of life for the time he had left.

Just moved in

We just moved in our parents after months of trying to convince mom & dad of a better life at Brandywine. At first the marketing staff was extremely helpful in explaining the transition from independent living to assisted living. since then she placed mom & dad seamlessly which relieve me of many issues.

After the move the entire staff was very gracious and helpful with every step. The actual move in day was also a breeze.

So far I'm quite delighted at all the attention mom & dad have been receiving & they love the food!

Put a deposit on a 1 bedroom. Will b...

Put a deposit on a 1 bedroom. Will be taking my parents to see. Facility was very beautiful and people very nice. Definitely would consider this.

Liked the independent living apartmen...

Liked the independent living apartments. We were really pleased with that.

Visited Independent Living. Very nic...

Visited Independent Living. Very nice apartment. Facility is also beautiful, clean. Walking trail outside with gardens. Residents allowed to set up their own garden. A lot more freedom. Own kitchen to cook in.

Great place but cost out of our range

Great place but cost out of our range

Very nice, but on the higher end as f...

Very nice, but on the higher end as far as cost.

A Vibrant Lifestyle–Independent Living and Assisted Living
Brandywine Living at Huntington Terrace provides beautiful suites designed with comfort, privacy and safety in mind. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and residents take advantage of the magnificent scenery in the spring and fall.

Huntington Terrace is an extraordinary senior living community offering two distinct options: assisted living and independent living; all on one beautiful 12-acre campus. Whether it is the resort-like setting of independent living, the elegant, distinguished atmosphere of assisted living, or our state-of-the-art Reflections memory care program, Huntington Terrace is designed to have something for everyone.

Whether it’s our extraordinary assisted living or our care-free independent apartments, our residents have exciting, educational and, at times, adventurous activities that can rejuvenate the spirit and enhance the quality of their lives.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Huntington Terrace, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.