The Bristal at Massapequa - Massapequa, NY

The Bristal review

My mom has been in the Bristal of Massapequa for 5 1/2 years.....I can't believe how fast the time has gone by....but I am so happy that she is @ the Bristal and thriving!! The staff can't do enough for the residents and they know each resident & family member by name....They have helped her to maintain some of her independence and for that & for their love and support, I am very grateful. As I have said before, I can't give her the life she had before with my dad, but this is the best life that I can give her now....thanks to The Bristal and its wonderful staff.

Most reasonable price wise, but for a shared room. Lots of activities. Most of the residents seemed engaged and happy. Clean and secure facility for memory care. Warm atmosphere. Nice staff interaction.

Father is Still Adjusting. but Overall a Good Community for Him

My father is still adjusting to this community, but I do feel he is in a very safe community. It has been a transition for the family with my father's move to this community. We do know he is in good hands, and receiving good care. They have a good staff. The director is very good. They are very responsive, and great with their communication. They have a lot of resources available for the residents. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for my family.

Review of The Bristal at Massapequa - Massapequa, NY

I liked the Bristal. When I am ready that is probably where he would go. I like the room and it seemed to have ample room for all the residents

Seemed high end, but little cold.
Close location

Nothing but good things to say

Wonderful place. The entire staff is great. The building is really nice and has a homey feel. The food is great and the building and grounds are always clean and well kept. Nothing but good things to say about this place.

simply fantastic

My experience with The Bristal Assisted Living at Massapequa was simply fantastic! The facility was wonderful. It is very nice and well kept. And the care is great. My parents are being taken excellent care of. It's been a great experience all the way around and I would highly recommend them.

Nice but a little institutional

I thought the community was nice but it seemed a little institutional for me. It was clean and pretty and offered lots of activities. However I thought the shared rooms were a little small, and did not offer much privacy.

ellen antonucci

Thank you for your feedback. We offer a variety of floor plans to accommodate a diverse range of budgetary needs. Our shared room layouts come with a separate bedroom and bathroom for each resident; they share only a common entrance. It’s an excellent and affordable solution for enabling a greater number of families to experience the 5-star Assisted Living amenities The Bristal is known for providing as well as the welcome sense of community our residents enjoy.

They are very, very good.

They are very, very good. We are in the reflections unit and everything is covered in the price here. In the wellness side of things, all the needs are extra. The staff helped make a rough transition easier. They are helping them get settled and us as well. They are very active, and have a lot of things scheduled. The staff from the aides to the recreation people all of them have been invaluable to us, and are worth their weight in gold. They also give us a full calendar and we know what's going on. The food seems to be good, and they have lovely desserts, and they seem to be eating well. I like the location as well, we can visit anytime, and they never make me feel like I am imposing. They have really help our family with this as well.

ellen antonucci

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with the wonderful feedback. Our team will be thrilled to hear.

Exemplary

Very inviting atmosphere, friendly and accommodating staff. Clean, safe and active. Las Vegas hotel atmosphere. Had no hesitation placing a loved one here. Professional well staffed and trained

Thank you! Thank you!

Absolutely Wonderful

The attention was phenomenal. She had a very tough time adjusting, and they were wonderful with her. They would call me several times a week and they would send text messages with pictures of her participating in the different activities. She wasn't there long, but I couldn't have asked for care that made me more comfortable. The nurses and the social worker especially were unbelievably good.

ellen antonucci

Thank you so much for the kind words. Our staff really appreciates hearing that they made a difference!

Went to see. It is one of 2 favorite...

Went to see. It is one of 2 favorites.

ellen antonucci

That's great to hear. Hopefully you've selected the Bristal.

The Bristal at Westbury is just one member of a growing family of Assisted Living communities that have been built on Long Island, by Long Islanders, bearing The Bristal name. Like all of our communities, Westbury has been designed to strike the ideal balance between privacy and protection. Fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, we’ve planned every detail of this rental lifestyle to enable our residents, and their families, to make the most of each activity-filled day. From our spacious and attractive friendship suites and studios, to our one bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms, The Bristal at Westbury is
designed and developed to excite and delight the most demanding of families. Yours.

Reflecting on Memory Loss
Each of The Bristal communities houses a special area called Reflections. Reflections is a comprehensive memory enhancement program that specializes in dealing with older adults who are facing early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related cognitive disorders. Each location is staffed with experienced professionals who are trained and equipped to enhance the quality of life for these special-needs residents and their families. For instance, a sophisticated wander system, featuring electronic bracelets, alerts the staff whenever a Reflections resident nears an exiting door. Residents enjoy access to a secure outdoor courtyard. All in all, care at Reflections is provided in a safe, secure and compassionate environment – a place, quite literally, our residents call home.