Gurwin Jewish- Fay J. Lindner Residences - Commack, NY

Great Meals!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community . The staff are always polite and I am comfortable with the care they have provided her. She has been enjoying the meals and I am hoping that she gets more involved in some of the activities in the future . Overall she is happy and I would recommend it to anyone.

My first hand impression of Gerwin assisted living

The place is very carefully and successfully run with an attentive and caring staff who makes an effort to remember everyone's name! It is a most compassionate environment. In general, it seems to have residents in the age group of 80-100's. At lot of residents are somewhat physically disabled but extra effective services are available for this. Guests can sleep over if necessary and get meals as well.
Overall, I think it's a great place.

very good

I do think they could have done a little more in terms of the activities. The major problem was that my mom felt it was too Jewish, but we can't really fault them for that.

She could not get used to being in a more regimented area like that. Now we have her living at home with an aid, but the decision to leave Gurwin had everything to do with my mom and nothing to do with Gurwin. They were very good.

They were good.

They have long term nursing here but we used the rehab services. They provided good care and were clean. They were not primarily for patients with dementia. In terms of the physical care and the staffing everyone was good. The place was good. They were maybe a little too big to give a patient who needed extra care the attention that would take and when my husband was there I would be there six or eight hours a day. He was just beside himself when I would leave.

I liked it

Gurwin is a nice facility, especially if you are Jewish. Plenty of activities and I saw that the residents were generally happy. The price is the going rate in my area. Nursing home is next door if and when needed.

Gurwin Jewish provides a menu of options all on one campus. Gurwin pride shines through in all we do.

Assisted Living by Gurwin: At Gurwin Jewish~ Fay J. Lindner Residences, you can have it all: the ultimate in luxurious assisted living in an environment that embraces the traditions of Jewish heritage. Celebrate with us in our beautiful, on-site synagogue, where we hold religious services and observe all holidays. A secured unit for memory impairment is available.

Additional amenities include an elegant private dining room, where you can entertain family and friends in grace and style; luxurious town car takes you to local physician appointments;24-hour security monitoring; emergency response call system; movie theatre; spa suites; and complimentary membership to the adjacent Suffolk Y-JCC,with full use of facilities including Olympic-size swimming pool, indoor fitness track and theatre.

Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care by Gurwin: The Lindner Residences shares a 47-acre campus with Gurwin Jewish Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, a 460-bed premier provider of excellence in patient care. An 80-bed subacute rehab program offers daily intensive PT, OT and Speech therapy. The Rehab Center stands out with a full complement of physicians on staff, on-site hemodialysis, a state-of-the-art ventilator dependent unit and hospice care. Gurwin is distinguished by its clinical excellence and commitment to quality of life.

Home Care by Gurwin: Gurwin provides nurses, aides, therapists and social workers directly in the patient's home.

Adult and Child Day Care by Gurwin: Gurwin's medical model Adult Day Health Program provides services from Sunday through Friday. Door through door transportation services are arranged. On-site child care is available for staff's children.