Atria Huntington - Huntington Station, NY

immaculate and beautiful == residents are veryhappy

A nice looking community

I liked what I saw when we visited this community. The staff I met were nice and helpful. The community seemed clean. The community we chose was closer to the family.

Mom's Care

This is a outstanding community. The staff is outstanding and caring. They give excellent meals are great, but they charge alot for family to have a meal. They have excellent activties that are offerd. I am glad that she has adjusted to her new living situation. We would recommend this community to other family

Atria Huntington accomodates for specific needs

As soon as mom walked in, she was invited into the dining room for lunch while we brought in her belongings. When told that she has very poor vision, instead of putting white table cloths into their newly renovated dining room, they put beige ones as she might have difficulty seeing the edge of her white plate against the white cloth. Atria is very accommodating to her specific needs. When her knees buckled, staff were their immediately. I feel mom, who is 93, is very safe and while she has not joined in on too many activities (yet!) the opportunities are there. Staff and residents greet her and her visitors and she just told me that 2 of her neighbors complimented her on handmade Christmas decorations, Mom could not cook and clean for herself the way she wanted to anymore, and I know she is being cared for well at Atria Huntington.

Great Place!

We couldn't be happier than we are with our choice of Atria Huntington for our mom. Although mom is still getting used to her new home, the staff couldn't be friendlier or more welcoming. I know we made the right choice and that mom is getting the care she needs.

Completely Satisfied

This community is always kept up and maintained beautifully. My dad's meals have been accommodated to met his religious needs and diet. He always invited to activities and the staff try to encourage him to join. I am really, tremendously, happy with all the staff who are so very helpful and willing to do anything to please him. All his needs are met and thrilled to have found a place like this. I would absolutely recommend this community!

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Atria Huntington has been a good one overall. It's a clean, nice looking facility, and the people here are all very nice. My loved one has had very good things to say about the food!

So far we are pretty happy with them,

So far so good. They don't switch to medicaid, we will eventually have to move. They are clean and the staff is friendly. They have addressed any concerns that have come up. She enjoys the food here. So far we are pretty happy with them, I would give them a conservative 3.

Very impressed

I am very impressed with this facility and my mom seems to be very happy. She loves the meals and outings. The staff are always available if you have any questions or concerns. All in all, we are very happy with our choice and would highly recommend them.

Peace of Mind

The Atria is a good fit for my dad, he loves the meals wishes breakfast could be a little later than 8 am its hard for him to get going in the morning. If he needs extra assistance walking, dressing staff is right there for help. All employees are friendly and very helpful. We were very impressed with the cleaness of The Atria or as we call it the "Resort"

What I will recommend to new residents coming in--ask about on site medical attention and what Atria's protocol is. Also ask for information about the physican name, address, phone and what insurance plans they are in.

Kate Vance

We're glad to hear that you and your dad are satisfied with your experience at Atria Huntington, and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to enhance the services we provide. We encourage you to continue sharing your valuable feedback by connecting with us at [removed].

Friendly faces, active social environment. Nice size bathrooms, every room has unique qualities. Seem well suited for those of the Catholic faith and I'm guessing wonderful culinary delights based on menu choices. Lovely dining area and courtyard, pet friendly, huge selection of daily activities bound to please everyone--such variety! Would've liked to see garden paths for strolling on their large acreage. Easy access and flow to building, all on one floor.

Good community

Place has gone downhill

Quality of care has gone down hill rapidly over the past year. Constant staff shortage particularly with housekeeping which is very distressing. Half the staff is overworked. Half does not do much. A lot of room for improvement. Not nearly as much "assistance" as you are led to believe.

admin admin

Thank you for sharing with us. Feedback from our residents and family members helps us continue to improve, so if you’re open to continuing this conversation about your experience, please reach out to us at [removed]<[removed]

Friendly and helpful until you leave your loved one there on their own.
Communication with family on care isn't very often.
I do not think they have enough help to go around.
If your loved one cannot be independent this is not the place for them if they need any kind of EXTRA care.
Disappointed with what was presented to me prior to move in.

Things are working out pretty well.

Things are working out pretty well. The staff is friendly, and the community is kept clean. They are attentive and responsive. They do a pretty good job with activities as well. I haven't had any complaints about the food either. So far things are good.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. I don't have any concerns or complaints or anything I feel like needs to be done better. It's clean, and the staff is friendly and attentive. It's working out well, and my loved one is happy.

Pleasant place to live

My mother had been living at Arbors in Westbury. Though I don't think she would be happy in any assisted living situation, the grounds of the Atria are beautiful, the hallways wider and the dining room more inviting and bright. So far, we are satisfied with the care she is receiving at Atria.

They could use a little more staff.

They could use a little more staff, they took her to get a haircut and she was sitting outside the salon for like an hour before they knew she was there. They could check up on the people a little more, supply a few more people to spend time with the residents sometimes they are just sitting for hours. My aunt isn't crazy about the food they seem to have a nice selection but she has complained a little and they could give her a little more. I would give them 3 out of 5 on food.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We value feedback from families and visitors so that we can constantly improve the experience of our residents and guests. I am sorry to hear of your aunt’s unhappiness with the food and your concerns with the staff checking in. Your review will be shared with the appropriate managers to ensure that Atria’s high standards are being met. If you would like to discuss your visit further or would be willing to share some suggestions you or your aunt may have to improve her dining experience, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include Atria Huntington in the subject line.

Very, very good, clean, and friendly.

Very, very good, clean, and friendly. We had to call a couple of times to get things settled but when something was addressed they straightened it out immediately. Location was a big factor when choosing. But I can't think of any thing they could do to improve.

Best fit for our situation

Atria was the best fit for our situation. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. The community is really pretty with lot of nice landscaping. There is plenty of places to sit outside and relax. Overall it is a really great community and we are happy with it.

Sandy was great and was very helpful

Atria is a very good community and it provided us with peace of mind while our loved one was here. The staff is great, friendly and really accommodating. They have a very open line of communication whether it is with the residents, visitors or among their own staff. We do not have to repeat ourselves every time we speak with a different staff member. Sandy was just great and very helpful. She was a main reason we liked this community. We feel like the residents here are at a different level then our loved one, he is more mobile then others and feel like he does lack a little socialization. Atria Huntington felt very safe and we were able to have peace of mind. We are very happy and would recommend this community to anyone.

Very close to LIRR and supposed to be...

Very close to LIRR and supposed to be beautiful. 8-10 minute cab ride from LIRR. Looks beautiful. Spoke to woman ...sounds wonderful. Liked this woman very much. Has all services except for special care.

grounds appeared nice and rather nest...

grounds appeared nice and rather nestled in a neighborhood. I know it was originally an elementary school, and it felt "motel" like. The carpet needs replacing in the halls, the Drs office smelled musty. The large common room was nice as was the movie room. The rooms are mostly studio, not sure if that will work. Also limited as to which rooms have a kitchenette. The dining room was not as nice as Plainview.

LaDawn K.

We’re happy to hear that you found our community to be welcoming in general, and I would like to address the issues you mentioned regarding the hallway carpet and the musty smell. All hallway carpets were professionally extracted in the spring, and the doctor's office carpet was shampooed thoroughly, as well. We appreciate your feedback, and if there is ever anything else that we can help with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Older facility. Cozier. Clean. Resid...

Older facility. Cozier. Clean. Residents were happy and involved. No wheelchairs. Everyone was lucid. Friendly. A lot of grounds to walk. Outside bar-b-que & patio. Gardens.

went to Atria of Hungton today. Was t...

went to Atria of Hungton today. Was the most wonderful and delightful experience of my life. Director was most gracious. The staff was above and beyond. The rooms were fantastic and the food my goodness what cuisine. all fresh made. I give this establishment 20 stars. hands up and down.

Nice.. good choice.

Nice.. good choice.

Very nice facility; Close proximity t...

Very nice facility; Close proximity to my home is a plus; Cost for private room may be prohibitive as monthly rental is equivalent to 100% of my mom's SS & Pension w/o other medical and other insurance costs factored in.

Great place. Older place but nicely...

Great place. Older place but nicely kept up. Walking from the rooms to dining is rather long. rooms were ok.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our community and I would like to address your concern about the walking distance to the dining room. Although physical exercise is important to our residents, we do provide plenty of seating in the halls when they need to rest and relax while going to the dining room or other common areas. Many of the apartments are close to the common areas, but if an apartment is not available as close as they would like, they can take an apartment that is available and then request a closer one when it opens. If you have any questions, please email us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Set on 14 acres, Atria Huntington is surrounded by a serene walking path in beautiful, residential Huntington Station. Lounge by our fireplace in the winter months or relax on the patio on a warm summer day. Enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant-style dining room, which offers varied menu choices, including kosher-style selections. Atria Huntington is just minutes from shopping, community centers, and places of worship.

Atria Huntington prides itself on being a "friendly and family-oriented" community. What impresses families and residents most about our community is the relaxed, casual and friendly atmosphere that greet them coupled with the professionalism and high quality standards that Atria is so well-known for. We welcome pets and several of our residents have brought their beloved cats and dogs with them. Our staff members have been with us for many years, and consider our residents part of their own family. Come visit, and see for yourself why families and residents choose us.