Sunrise of West Babylon - West Babylon, NY

Perfect, but not willing to sell out $5K to hold the room.

Gorgeous Community, Lovely Staff

I toured here for my loved one, and I really liked the community itself. It's gorgeous and the staff are all really lovely people. However, the residents there seem to be a bunch of potatoes. My loved one is more active and social, so I felt that though this community is lovely, it would not be the best fit for her.

Small intimate and clean facility. Staff very attentive and friendly. The memory care area was secure. Lots of activities. They are equipped to handle more extensive needs and health issues. The residents seem to be lower functioning than the [Removed]. But that's ok. At least you won't have to move your loved one as their condition declines.

Mom's good Care

This is a good community for my mom. The staff is caring and very nice My mom is happy with her room and the cleanliness of this environment. She likes the menu and the variety of the meals. She is active in activities which are helpful for her> We would highly recommend this community for good care and value for other families.

Wife is Receiving Good Care

So far I'am comfortable with my wife's move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care. For the most part the staff is well, and taking good care of her. When I come to visit her everything is always very clean. They provide nice meals, and have good activities available for the residents. The experience is going well for us in the community, and I would recommend it.

Helpful Staff!!

I have recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with the experience. The property was clean and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff where very knowledgeable in all of the information they provided and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. It was not the right fit for my loved one but I would recommend it to anyone.

I had a good tour!!

I had a very good tour of Sunrise. The facility was nice, but it was not going to work out because price wise, my loved one would have to have a shared room, meaning they had separate bedrooms but shared the same bathroom and kitchenette.

A Helpful Community

My mom was doing well and stayed at this community for a short time. However she had passed but the staff did the best they could for her. We felt they took good care of her and when hospice stepped in their nurses were coordinating well with hospice staff.

Work in Progress

It is a work in progress for us here at this community. My mother condition isn't doing well, but they are trying their best to care for her, and her needs. At the moment she has a 24 hour aid to help her. The staff is great, they have been great with their communication. Overall it is a good community.

Sunrise Senior Living

My mom wasn't too happy about going to an assisted living home. We all new it was best for her. She is very happy at Sunrise and very social . She loves the employees and has made lots of new friends. She hasn't been this happy in along time.

Highly Recommend This Community

My aunt's experience at this community went very well. They took very good care of her. Everybody here was amazing, I was very pleased with all they did for us. She really enjoyed her time here. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Lovely place, friendly staff. Clean floors, no offensive odors . The rental price fits my budget. Good location.
The population is suited for age over 80 and over. Why? I was told that was the average age residing there.

wonderful place

Every member of the team went out of their way to make my Aunt feel at home. What a wonderful place.

Review of Sunrise of West Babylon - West Babylon, NY

I like the settings. There were a lot of different functioning levels. I didnt like there were no windows in the room Peter would be sharing

great facility

My nephew is in a newly refurbished room. I'm very pleased with them. He's a very private person and I do not know if participates in the activities but the facility offers a lot of them. Very pleased with the services they have provided so far.

Pretty Pricey

They could make it a little more cost-effective for the families. I just found the Sunrise of West Babylon to be a little bit pricey. They do have a little more services offered than some other facilities though.

Warm, cozy, friendly, homey
Close location

I like how caring they are. They care about their residents.

I like how caring they are. They care about their residents. It doesn't appear to me that any of them seem neglected. The only thing I am not crazy about is that the laundry seems to get mixed up. I don't like what they are doing with her hair at the salon. But these are minor things, and she seems to be adjusting. She seems to be doing okay with the food. I loved the whole idea of the building that looks and acts like their home. They are constant with these residents keep their minds alert. I like that they are always doing activities. There is a resident dog on the property, which I also really like.

New home for my aunt

My experience finding a new home for my aunt was very pleasant from the day I met with Debra, who gave me a tour of the facility and answered all the questions and concerns I had about placing my aunt in Sunrise. She moved in at the end of February and everyone has been wonderful. The nursing staff, especially Carmelita, are always available and if not, they get back to me quickly to answer any questions I may have. The entire group at Sunrise are pleasant and welcoming and I feel that my aunt is in a very safe, warm environment. The residents are social and there are many activities to participate in If one chooses. One of the main reasons we selected Sunrise is the fact that one can "age in place", meaning that if her health declines she can stay there and will not need to be moved again to another facility. She seems happy and I have a great level of comfort and peace of mind knowing she will be well cared for.

Best so far, visited this o...

Best so far, visited this one in Thursday.

We loved this and Debra was wonderful.

We loved this and Debra was wonderful. They didn't have an opening though and the only Sunrise in the area that did was 45 minutes away from us which was too far. It is a wonderful community though and the staff here is very friendly.

Nice looking, and reasonably priced

This place looked fairly nice when we toured, it was clean and all of the staff we met seemed friendly. It was also one of the more reasonably priced options we looked at in all of our tours. However, this location was just too far away to be an options for us. We also didn't like how it was located next to a busy street.

Seek The Truth

The staff seems very caring, and attentive. Property is well maintained. They have contacted me whenever there was a "need" for supplies, or an "event" (even the slightest injury or health issue).
They do care, but make no mistake...they will drain your loved one's assets just as fast as they possibly can. After all, this is a for-profit business.
Be "on guard" regarding the care level they deem necessary, and that which is actually provided!
Nice property. Well maintained...but watch your $$$

Second choice - will go there if Bran...

Second choice - will go there if Brandywine does not accept her

Nice place. Good people.

Nice place. Good people.

What can one say, it is a beauitful c...

What can one say, it is a beauitful country club environment. I think it is more suitable for those persons who need just assistance and are not experiencing dementia problems. I was a little disappointed in the room my aunt would be occupying, it was very cramped for space and too many windows, too much light for her.It did not give the feeling of warmth and safety. The staff, however, did seem engaged and appeared to interact well with the residents. It did not seem to be a suitable placement for my aunt.

Took a tour of the place today with d...

Took a tour of the place today with director, it was wonderful. Going to follow through about finances.Private pay only not possible.

Lovely place - poor location. 5k/mo, ...

Lovely place - poor location. 5k/mo, 3 MEALS + extra for personal services. Small rooms.