The Bristal at Lake Grove - Lake Grove, NY

Very pleased with Lake Grove Bristal

The Bristal Lake Grove has been the right choice for my relatives. My loved ones acclimated beautifully to the full lifestyle provided to them at the Bristal. From the ease of registering to become a resident, through all the move -in and getting to know you aspects, medical and personal care--it was evident that it was the right choice for all of us...family doesn't worry and feels right at home during all visits...all the staff members are professional and truly know and care for their residents personally...they even become like " extended family" to the family! I have seen a positive change in my loved one's health and attitude...always cheerful, well nourished and cared for yet still providing that sense of independence.

The facilities are first class...common areas are clean and beautifully decorated. Entertainment is varied to provide many different things to participate in...family is always welcome too!

While some may think assisted living is costly, when you realized how much is offered, the lifestyle that is provided is worth so much more...being in one's home alone or with help would be hard to replicate all the benefits provided by the Bristal.

I am so grateful that we decide on the Bristal...thank you to all the Lake Grove staff for truly caring!

Very good choice

After many months at home with help of aides my mother could no longer care for my dad as his needs required more . After much research, visits , questions and emotion we determined after seeing the reflections area and meetings with staff we felt good bringing him over . We were given wonderful support during this move and transition and communication with us was often and solid. [Name removed] helped us from out first meeting thru out and welcomed us like family . [Name removed] director of reflections was sharp , a great eye and caring ...wonderful. 2 aides stood out the most to us and we are so grateful to all but them especially for the attention nurturing , quality of care given to my dad jack.....[Name removed] A ND [Name removed] My dad lite up each time he saw them. Place was very clean, bright and cheery. During an emotional and difficult decision in life we know he had good care here . As his medical needs required the next step we had to move , but had we been able to stay here we would have much longer. THANK YOU All FOR THE Care provided .

Both the residents and staff are treated like[Removed]. Some of the staff goes way above and beyond to make the residents day and it goes unnoticed yet the staff is reprimanded.

My family & I just want to thank the entire staff for making my mom feel so special during this difficult time in her life. She felt so welcomed at the Bristal the moment she walked thru the door. She is surrounded by so much care & love by everyone.

[removed] living spaces, outdoor pool, art room, able to have guest sleepover, on staff Dr . Mom could start out of memory care
Neg.: more expensive, will cont. to increase w more care ,

Nice Staff!!

I have no complaints about the staff and the information they had given me about there facility. They offer a 3 a day meal plan and also have many activities available for all of the residents to participate in during the week. They have a housekeeping team to help with the weekly chores and maintain a clean building.

Excellent Community, It has Worked Out Very Well For Us Here

My mother is doing very well here at this community. She is doing well here and I'am satisfied. It is a very well-kept community, they keep everything vert nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are all very nice and helpful. She is going on bus outing trip, they offer nice activities for the residents. It is a very homey community, it has a good atmosphere. I'am pleased with the care they are providing her with. This is a community I would highly recommend.

We love The Bristal !

My Mom is living at the Bristal in Lake Grove. She is thriving there. The staff is very attentive to all her needs. She feels very comfortable. She enjoys her beautiful, spacious apartment. She loves the food!
I am always very happy when I am there to see that she is doing so well and is so happy. The staff is very friendly all the time.
Thank you.

ellen antonucci

Thank you, Geri. We are so delighted to hear that your mother loves her home at The Bristal at Lake Grove!

Great Place to Retire

Staff fantastic and caring with tons of patience.
Gorgeous Surroundings.
Ongoing interesting activities.
Dining room is like a hotel.
Plenty of activities and events that include family.

We toured the property for my mother. Well kept with nice amenities and a pretty steep price tag. Close to the mall and other shopping. It's on our short list.

The Bristal of lake Grove - Great Place for Mom

Mom has only been there for 2 weeks, but I have already noticed an improvement in her. The staff are wonderful people, who are friendly and very attentive. They get to know each and every resident personally along with each family member. I am so happy we chose the Bristal of Lake Grove for mom. She is in the best care and I don't need to worry about her anymore.

We love it.

We love it. My father is thriving there. He's gained weight. He's socializing more. He's so happy. He's clean shaven. The place is spotless and it's kept clean. I haven't met one person I haven't liked. It's better value than Sunrise. Not saying Sunrise isn't nice but they were charging more. They nurture him. Honestly, it's amazing. they call me for every little thing. They called me to tell me he didn't have razors and they got him some. They keep me very updated. I would recommend.

they are good

My sister is living at The Bristal Assisted Living at Lake Grove . Overall she is doing good. She complains some, but I don't think that is their fault. The people there are really helpful and it is a nice facility.

ellen antonucci

Thank you for your review. We are happy that your sister is doing well living in her new home at Lake Grove. Please know that the door of your Executive Director, Melanie Sharfenberger, is always open if you have any questions.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well at The Bristal. The facility itself is wonderful, and everything is always well kept and clean with no noticeable odors. The staff here is great, everyone has been very friendly and professional. My only complaint is that they increased my loved ones care level shortly after moving in, which came as somewhat of a surprise. The facility is also on the expensive side.

ellen antonucci

We greatly appreciate this fine review of The Bristal at Lake Grove, one of our latest communities to open, and it only reinforces and encourages our desire and commitment to provide Assisted Living care at the highest standards of quality, excellence and industry expertise. In so far as the increase in level of care is concerned: Although it occurs rarely, after residents have moved in, and we’ve been able to observe how they manage day-to-day, there are times when care levels need to be adjusted — even after an exhaustive pre-move-in assessment with the resident and family is made. It doesn’t happen often, but it may occur; and doing so is always in the best interest of the resident and family.

The Bristal Assisted Living Lake Grove facility is a lovely assisted living community, situated just minutes from Long Island’s historic Three Village Area. This is our third Suffolk County assisted living residence. The level of senior care that residents will experience at The Bristal Assisted Living Lake Grove Community will be outstanding in every way. From independent living to Reflections, a secured neighborhood dedicated to residents with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments, The Bristal Assisted Living at Lake Grove offers the finest in senior assisted living on Long Island… a perfect balance of care and independence. When you enter any community of The Bristal, you immediately sense a feeling of strength and confidence, one that results from many years of experience in retirement living spread across multiple communities located in the tri-state area. The Bristal Assisted Living Lake Grove staff members always keep residents active and lively. There is never a dull day.
The town of Lake Grove is a short distance from many wonderful places and attractions. The expansive Smith Haven Mall is in walking distance, and Middle Country Road (Route 25) offers endless shopping and dining options. Stony Brook University and its Hospital Center are close by, as well as numerous care practitioners. Historic Stony Brook Village and Port Jefferson Village, right on the North Shore are only a short drive away, as is the scenic Nissequogue River Preserve. The LIRR, MacArthur Airport and the Northern State Parkway are also easily accessible.