Sunrise of Holbrook - Holbrook, NY

They offer continuing care.

The caregivers take good care of mom. They have enough staff to be attentive to her needs. The food is ok and they are accommodating. The community is bright, clean and well maintained. I feel mom is safe at this community and I am comfortable with her living here. I would recommend it.

Friendly Staff!

The Sunrise of Halbrook was a very nice facility. During my tour, I did not notice anything that needed improvement. The staff was nice and the person who took us around was friendly and knowledgeable.

To much money!

This community was nice and clean. We liked the layout and got to see the residents out interacting with the staff and others. The staff answered all of our questions and were very nice. The only thing was that they were very expensive.

To Full!

This community was really nice. The staff was great and we really enjoyed the tour. The community was clean and free of smells. I would have liked for mom to go here, but they were full already so we went somewhere else.

Nice community!

This community was okay. The staff was friendly and they took us around. They were very helpful and nice. The residents were out and they were doing things. We just felt that it was not the right place for mom.

Nice and big!

The staff has really been helping my uncle in the rehab. The staff is wonderful. He really likes it here and says that everything has been going good. The community is really huge and I think that is why he likes it. I would recommend them to my friends.

Excellent facility

I found Sunrise of Holbrook through an agency called A Place for Mom. They guided me and offered practical suggestions. Sunrise of Holbrook is an excellent facility, very caring and dedicated to the residents. They roll with you with whatever you may need and are kind and caring. The facility is beautiful and festive and very uplifting.

Everyone is so helpful. Mom likes the activities & friendships she has made. The staff is nice & attentive to mom's needs. Very clean facility

Wonderful place!

The staff at Sunrise of Holbrook have been so responsive to my mother's needs. They are flexible and very accommodating. My sister or I visit our mom every day and can see the compassionate care she is given.

Good Tour, But Not The Place for Us

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community was pretty nice looking. Their rates were a pit higher than I would like. Also there was a chance my mother would have to share a room, and she did not like that option. It is a nice community, but not the place for my mother and her needs,

A Good Tour, This is a Nice Community

I toured this community for my brother in law and his needs. It was a nice tour. This is a nice community, it appeared to be nice and clean. The staff I met was kind and friendly. My questions were answered, they were informative as well. It was a good tour, but unfortunately not the place for us.

Sunrise of Holbrook

We found it very hard to put mom in an assisted living facility, but Sunrise of Holbrook made the transition easy and less stressful.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Our experience with Sunrise of Holbrook has been a good one, they helped us through a difficult time and handled the situation very well. We had a very limited time to search for memory care for our loved one, and the staff at Sunrise were really on top of things. Since my loved one has moved in they've taken very good care of him. The staff here is friendly and professional, the facility is clean and well kept, and the food is good. I would recommend them to others looking into care in the area.

Completely satisfied

They've done a great job at Sunrise so far, we are completely satisfied! I would give them top marks across the board, they've really done a great job taking care of my loved one.

They are caring and understanding

I think they did a fantastic job at Sunrise of Holbrook! The facility itself is top notch, it is always clean and well kept. The staff are very polite and professional, and they take great care of the people who live here. I would recommend this place highly!

This place was not waht we were looking for. The outside was very nice, but inside was rundown and a bit dirty. Not a place for my mom. However, Chris, who took us around was very nice and helpful.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and know we take all concerns seriously. Please email Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com with more details about your experience. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Not a good experience

We have not had a good experience so far with Sunrise of Holbrook. We pay extra for a higher level of care for some specific things, and they never seem to follow through with them. Our loved one just does not seem clean and well taken care of, her hair is always filthy when we visit. It is also very hard to communicate with the management, they NEVER return phone calls, you just have to keep trying until you manage to speak to the specific person you're trying to reach. One of the big things that made us choose this place was that they would allow her to bring her dog, but now we are getting all kinds of pushback about it. Based on the experience we have had I would not recommend this place.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your message. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

They take good care of my loved one.

This is one of two different Sunrise locations, we have used, and we have been pleased. They take good care of my loved one. They don't let them sit in their rooms all day. They get them out and involved, social and active. They are caring and understanding. I would recommend them highly.

Great Experience.

I have had, so far, a great experience, with my dad being there. Sometimes it can be tough to get in touch with the right person, I just don't really know where to direct my question sometimes. The food seems to be okay. We chose them because they seemed to take the most interest in my dad, and were quick to get an assessment done. They took charge, and came to me. That really helped out, they understood my situation and really worked with me.

Very nice looking place fro...

Very nice looking place from the outside. Parking was not available at all. Didn't really care for the inside. Rooms were a nice size

Very nice incide and out.

First impression was that the building was a very new, only built a little of 10 years ago,
The interior is more like a hotel than a assisted living building. The areas are all very clean, it has a nice dining area, and equally nice family dining area for private parties.
The walls are adorned with beautiful pictures.
The staff is very professional and treat the seniors with much respect and caring.

Love the place, they are great!

Love the place, they are great! There aren't as many activities as the last place she was in. They take very good care of her, at the last place she would have the same clothes two or three days in a row. They cut her nails and paint them and her hair is nice. When you walk in you don't see any activity going on, maybe they are all in the back where the art room is. The reminicing department seems to be very good with keeping the residents busy and engaged. If your loved one needs to be taken care of and if you have the money I recommend the Sunrise.

We are extremely happy.

We are extremely happy. They have been extremely helpful, if we've had any questions they have been wonderfully helpful and addressed them right away. I don't have any complaints.

It's been great so far!

It's been great so far! The place is outstanding, very homey the grounds are beautiful, but inside it's very cool because it is set like a gigantic living room and they have a kitchen, and when you are sitting at the kitchen table they put a window there so it feels as if you are looking out the window at home but you are looking at the common area of the community. They call us for anything that goes on, if she's not feeling well they call us right away sometimes they bang their arms and they don't even know it and they get a little swelling and they call us immediately. The dining area looks like a restaurant. They could be a little less expensive. They have more attendents per patients than the last place. It looks like a resort.

Beautiful Facility!

Liked the homey, cheerfulness feeling of Sunrise. The cost is a bit steep, but you get what you pay for.

Little time

We found the room (sharing) was not quite as divided as one might expect. The bathroom was not clean upon entering, notification was given and it was promptly serviced, and kept clean thereafter. The meals were average good food and service. Personal service was good, The extra care was good, the medications were delivered as prescribed, on time. The overall "living experience" was good, although my mother could not partake in the activities.because of her debilitating illness. I found the up-front move-in fee high, but the day-to-day fees are acceptable. Well kept, pleasing manicured grounds, and cheerfull caring employees-all the way to the top executive level was pleasant. Placement was as quick as one could wish for.

Waited over an hour

The staff here was not very friendly and we were not impressed with them at all. We had scheduled an appointment with them and when we arrived they were not prepared for us at all. We ended up waiting for over an hour. We had taken time off of work for this appointment and they just showed no effort.

My mother has been at Sunri...

My mother has been at Sunrise for a little over a week. Everything is going well.