Atria South Setauket - South Setauket, NY

The facility was smaller and cozier than some of the others. Dad probably would have been comfortable here, but there was no memory care, which I expected to be required in the future. The person who gave the tour seemed more interested in getting a bed filled, than in making sure the person in that bed was in the right facility.

My mom has been there a few months now and isn't loving it. Food is very good. People are very nice but the activities are not what was promised and mom is bored alot of the time. They go to the same two stores every week. [location removed] and [location removed]. Mix it up a bit for Gods sake. The garden club they talked about is a tiny box of plants. People just sitting around for lack of anything to do. Not much entertainment is brought in or taken to. Expected more for this amount of money. Going to start checking out other places

Motel rooms converted to living space seem cramped. No kitchenette in rooms. Appears to be well run with adequate services

Father Is Good

My father is doing well with his move into this community. They are doing a good job caring for him. I'am pleased with all they have done my family. Everything is working out great for us with my father move to this community.

Wonderful Community

Atria South Setauket is a beautiful community. My mom just isn't ready for any assistance at this time. They took wonderful care of her while she was there. The staff members were very friendly and caring. The communication I had with the staff was great, they responded quickly to any questions or concerns I had about my mom's care. The place was very clean. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The meals were excellent. It was packed with activities that the staff encouraged the residents to engage in. My mom did participate in them and had a good time. They had a lot of choices for recreation, there was a pool, great areas for walking. They offer transportation to go shopping and other activities. There is a doctor on staff. She couldn't ask for more. She is just not ready at this time of her life, she wants to be home. In five years if she needs more care we will definitely go back to Atria South Setauket. It is a wonderful community.

Danderous

Fell and pulled cord in bathroom, no one came. They called , couldn't answer phone cause torn hamstring on floor, message from atria desk are you ok, no response, no one came , had to call911 myself for help, dangerous place to live

For The Most Part Pleasant Respite Stay Experience

For the most part I was pleased with my mothers respite stay here in this community. It is a nice community with kind people. I did have to hire an aid to come, and help her with extra care. This is more of an assisted living community, and she needed more care than they were able to provide. However this is a beautiful community. They provide nice meals, and plenty of activities for the residents. It is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Moving Mom to Atria

My mother completed her first week at Atria and my initial impression is highly favorable. She was not in favor of leaving her house for an apartment at Atria and is not happy but each day she seems to feel a little better about her situation. I'm cautiously optimistic that she will fully adjust in the weeks ahead.

One Of My Many Tours

My goal was to find a new community and in a location that is very close to me. This community was not both of what I was looking for. They were professional and the tour was great.

Mom adjusted great into this community!!

My mother has adjusted very well into this community, she seems to be really enjoying her new living environment. My mom often talks about how great the food is and how well the chef prepares and serves all of there meals. They have a great activity program where all of the residents can enjoy fun games and events during the week. Overall everything is very nice and I have no complaints.

Happy at Atria South Setauket

My dad and uncle are very happy at Atria South Setauket. They share a spacious but moderately priced room. The food is exceprional, the activities varied and fun, the staff attentuve and friendly.

Atria south Setauket

Everyone is very helpful and caring.

Wonderful Community, My Mother Likes It Here

My mother is very happy here at this community, and I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. This is truly an outstanding community. Everybody is lovely. We made a good choice with picking this community. They have a great chef, and he cooks amazing meals. They have really provided me with a peace of mind, I know she is safe and in good hands. I have no complaints, everything has worked out great.

Pleasant facility

My mother and mother-in-law have been residents for several years now. The staff people are wonderful and long term, and the housekeeping is excellent. The food is so-so, and the ability to self use laundry services are limited. Many activities and opportunities for residents to attend events and shop externally. Limited car service (within 5 miles) for doctor visits with appointments. Electric and heating/cooling costs included in rent.
The only complaint we have, as previously stated, is the increase in rental payments each year, averaging between 5-7 % per year, which is significant when the rent exceeds $ 4000 per month. Scuttlebutt within the residence is that there is a wide disparity in costs between residents.
Eventually, these increases will likely force both my mom and mother-in-law to different accommodations.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out to share your feedback, and for being a part of the Atria family! I'll be sure to share your note about our dining options with the chef. If you'd like to share more, you can send me an email directly at [removed].

My mom's new place

My mom is adjusting well to Atria. She has been attending a variety of activities and enjoys the dining experience. The staff is awesome and very attentive. We just lost my dad my mom needed to be around people in a new environment. She was very hesitant to leave her home in a senior community, but I explained that her needs changed and begged her to try it.
She loves it now, and I am so glad she is there.
My only negative comment is the smell of the carpets in the hallways and the stairwells. I wish the flooring was washable and easier for them to clean. I know wood floors are expensive, but it would be a big improvement that would not harbor germs and odors.

Dad loves his new suite!!!

My dad, Ed loves this place. He feels like he is in a five star hotel. Wonderful meals in the dining room and friendly company every day. Always something going on. Many common rooms and they even have Happy Hour!!! Can't beat that. His apartment is quite large and has everything you need. Housekeeping service also is a nice service. His place always looks tidy.

Incredible Wellness Staff

My father has been doing wonderful here at Atria. His health has improved and he is happy. Atria is a clean community, very nice looking. It has some smells here and there but that is to be expected. The staff is amazing, and I feel that they are taking very good care of my father and his needs. The one thing that was most important to me was my father getting his medications at the right times. Their wellness team does an incredible job with that. He hasn't said anything bad about the food so I am pretty sure he likes it. It is a lovely place, the only down side is that the building is old so they only offer basic cable. I am trying to accommodate my father with Netflix and his DVR player. Caring place with good people, and I would recommend this community.

Four Stars

We just had to take my mom out of the Atria /south Setauket because basically she got kicked out because they could not take care of all of her needs, so that was a little bit disappointing for the family.

Katy Miller

Thanks for sharing. I’d like to learn more about your situation so I can help. Please contact us at [removed] to continue the conversation.

Meaghan McPartland-Fox was extremely compassionate and kind and helpful. The facility is gorgeous! The residents look happy. This looks like a great place to live!

A good choice

I am very pleased with the decision to have my father move into Atria. The food is very good and the workers are very helpful. I think my father is happy there.

Room costs have risen too much !!

Mom has lived here for about 4 years. The place is nice, the people are great. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The problem is the cost. They have raised the room cost 30 percent in the last 3 years. The room cost has risen over $1000 per month !! They have made it unaffordable to live here, and honestly the room, care and amenities are not a $1000 a month better than 3 years ago. We're now looking at other options and facilities.

Kate Vance

Our goal is to create a one of a kind experience for our residents by doing things the right way, and that means cutting corners isn’t an option. This commitment to you and all of our customers is why rate adjustments are necessary. Another part of putting quality first is always striving to hire and keep the best employees around as we know how much of an impact they make on day-to-day life for our residents. We are sad to hear that you are considering other options and encourage you to reach out to [removed] if there is anything we can further clarify for you or do to help.

We wanted to walk out in the middle of the tour.

We were there for a tour, and it was probably the worst on so many levels. Not only was it dirty and it smelled. The director had no idea about the population, or the needs of those with memory issues. The director asked me if I was the one looking for assisted living. Even my mother was offended at some of the thing that was said. There was no activity going on, we wanted to walk out in the middle of the tour.

Kate Vance

Your comments are very concerning to us and we would like to speak with you personally to gain a better understanding of your experience. Please contact us directly via [removed] and please include “Atria South Setauket” in your subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and hope to hear from you soon.

Worth a look!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very nice! The community itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. This place is very nice overall, and definitely worth a look if you are looking into care options for a loved one in the area!

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. We are very pleased with them. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The food is wonderful compared to the last place we were. They gave me lunch and offer meals when we come to visit, and they don't charge us. They are a great place.

Great people

Thank you for all your help.
Everyone we spoke to was very helpful and sincere. Each place we were referred to followed up with phone calls/ e- mails and literature.
I would highly recommend your service.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with Atria South Setauket! They really do everything well, I can't think of anything I'd like them to improve on. They do an excellent job making new residents feel welcome, and the staff is very responsive to any questions or requests. If I was old I'd want to live here myself!

New Resident

My dad just moved in to the independent living section of Atria South Setauket. Megan and Jennifer and all the staff we interacted with while making our selection were very friendly and understanding about the needs of seniors who want to maintain their independence. The staff is long term which says alot about the community as a whole.

The food is very good and plentiful.

The only thing my dad had to say of a 'negative' nature was that he wished there weren't so many old people. He is young at heart and very inquisitive, curious and busy.

thanks for all your help Atria South Setauket

A good stay.

The price is concerning for those on a fixed income. She had absolutely no complaints. It was a respite stay, so she was only there a couple of weeks. I didn't know they offered that. The food was good, and they had activities going on. It was clean and the staff were very friendly. There wasn't really anything that could have been done any better that I could think of.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with this community, everything has been great! It's a very nice looking facility, everything is well kept and clean, and the staff are all friendly and helpful. The meal service has been great, the food is very good and they've got a lot of variety. They have all sorts of on-site activities to keep everyone entertained, although I would like to see them go on more off-site outings.

The staff is wonderful and met prior ...

The staff is wonderful and met prior to her arrival to discuss her needs and how to best meet/deal with them. Everyone has gone out of their way to help my mom feel at home- a stark contrast to her former facility. The food is top notch as well. My mother has been there a week today and loves it already.I would highly recommend this facility.

The residents look very well adjusted and happy.

The residents look very well adjusted and happy. I would have no problem recommending them.

It was great.

It was great. You need to be pretty independent. The staff was terrific. As far as activities they would ask do you want to if the answer is no then that's it.

Kate Vance

I am glad you enjoyed our amazing staff and I thank you for providing feedback. We encourage our residents to remain active and involved, but we also respect their need for privacy and time to themselves. They choose which activities they wish to participate in and set their own schedules. If you have any suggestions of ways we can encourage more participation, please let us know. You can reach us by calling our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line.)

It was ok, just not as great as the one we chose.

It was ok, just not as great as the one we chose.

Kate Vance

We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry we could not accommodate your needs and sincerely hope your family is happy with the community you chose. If we can be of any help to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the community name in your subject line.

Mom & I met with Jeff on 8/...

Mom & I met with Jeff on 8/28. Toured Assisted Living and Independent Living units. Dogs can only be in Independent. Can hire care but not ideal.

Not A Good Experience

It was like my dad was in school. They kept writing him up and I felt like they were just making things up so that I would move him. Eventually it got to the point where they said he couldn't stay there anymore because they thought he needed a different level of care. Where he is now, at Sunrise, he is so much better!

The director told me that all the staff were intimidated by my dad and they just want to work with the litte, cute old ladies and that's not right. There are all kinds of residents and if you have to deal with the men, then you have to deal with the men!

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I would like to address your concern about your father’s stay with us. We offer independent and assisted living, but we do not have a secure Life Guidance memory care neighborhood as some of our sister communities do. As much as we value our residents and are very sad when any of them have to leave us, we are not equipped to care for those with moderate dementia. As with any incidents that occur, we always try to rule out medical conditions first, but when there is a diagnosis of dementia, we must put the safety of the resident, our staff, and the other residents first in our decisions. When a resident becomes a danger to himself or others, we work with the family as they discuss available options so that we can make the transition as smooth as possible for all involved. If we can answer further questions, please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

At Atria South Setauket, we take care of all the work while you socialize and try new activities. Relax on the patio, swim in our outdoor pool or take a cooking class with friends. Enjoy the hotel-like amenities in the convenient Long Island community you love, right near plenty of shopping and local attractions.