The Arbors at Bohemia - Bohemia, NY

• Computer Lab

Wonderful Assisted Living

excellent caring staff always willing to go the extra mile and dedicated. Excellent activities for residents and excellent dining facilities and easy to get to off Sunrise Highway. Excellent cleaning and maintenance staff and very friendly. Excellent health and wellness center. Highly recommended!!!

The Arbors in Bohemia, a Warm and Welcoming Place

My dad was recently at The Arbors for what turned out to be a short term, but my experience as a concerned family member was a positive one. The Arbors in Bohemia is a lovely place. I found the staff to be very friendly and reassuring during my many interactions with them while my father was there. It's obvious that the people who work there have a lot of experience helping to care for those who come to live there. The facility itself is spacious, lovely and peaceful. From what I observed. they have many activities designed to engage the population there. I wish that my dad had been able to stay; I feel it would have been a wonderful place for him to spend his remaining time.

My 10 AM scheduled tour turned into an additional tour and lunch for my elderly father who has decided to move into this facility. Thanks so much for the referral during this difficult process.

Safe Place as you age

The Arbors provided my husband with assistance as his health declined. He needed to have someone with him 24 hours a day. It gave me the ability to take care of my own health. My children thought the Arbors was more like a resort hotel. The Arbors provided many activities for the residents. Also,I could take part in the activities.

Can't Say Enough!

When my uncle turned 92 I was entrusted with the difficult task of helping him transition from an extremely active and independent lifestyle to assisted living. Out in the "world" he was very involved in politics, his church, and many community organizations, so this was not going to be an easy task. Was I ever wrong!!! The entire staff of the Arbors at Bohemia embraced him and made sure he was always 100% happy. Being retired military he thrived with their Veteran's group talks enabling him to reminisce about a very important time in his life. The many daily programs (current events, exercise, social hour, movie time, etc) enabled him to continue his life with the fullness to which he was accustomed. And if he just wanted to relax on certain days, well that was ok to! The staff would be attentive and "check-in" on him regularly to make sure they could do or get him whatever he would like. I could go on, but to sum up: the Arbors at Bohemia with regard to my uncle, would best be described by adjectives such as, clean, lively, caring, helpful, loving and dignified. The staff there knows how much we appreciate them and they all give 200% to the residents there. And by the way, the staff is extremely courteous and helpful to us and all our visitors. Would highly recommend the Arbors at Bohemia if you ever have to help an elder loved one transition to assisted living.

Great place for our mom

Dear [Removed] and Staff at The Arbors of Bohemia,

As our family started to search for a place for our Mom, luckily I came upon a site called " A Place for Mom". I must say that the person who assisted me gave me a few referrals and at that point our family started to make the hard decision that our mom could no longer stay alone. At that point we started to look for a place that would be suitable for her needs.
When we went to the Arbors of Bohemia ,we were pleasantly surprised how beautiful the place was. It is immaculate, decorated beatifically and just as important or should I say more importantly was the WARM welcome we received. The executive director,[Removed] and his assistant took the time to give us a tour and explain everything to my self and my family.
The feeling from every staff member was just as warm and had a great spirit. It helped us decide at that moment we had found the right place for our mom.

The Casagrande Family

Best of luck!

When we found the Arbors at Bohemia are were relieved. Mom could afford a shared room. It's one-level. Her roommate was lovely. They ate at different seatings and coexisted quite nicely for the few years they were together. My biggest praise is for [Removed], the Activities Director. She is warm and patient and very very busy with 'her' residents. ALWAYS thinking of new ways to engage. [Removed] is one of Mom's favorites as well as Carmen...and a few names that escape me (sorry!). Departments from reception to business to wellness have all been, if not perfect ~ really good! Please understand it is nobody's first choice to move into an assisted living. It will be an adjustment that takes some time. Giving up driving, homes, independence are terribly difficult issues.

Nice, food could be better

The Arbors at Bohemia is a nice place that my mom is settling into nicely. The food is okay, not the quality that my mom is used to. The staff is friendly and caring to my mom's needs. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate if they wish to. They also offer transportation for shopping excursions. I was under the impression that my mom was going to have a private room, she actually shares a room and my mom doesn't seem to mind. The community is located conveniently close to me. I would recommend this community to others.

Mom's Excellent Care

The care at this community is wonderful. I like knowing that she is happy with the care that she is receiving. She likes the menu and the nice variety of the meals. She is liking that she can participate with the actives when she is wanting to join the other residents. I am happy to know that she is happy here. We have recommended this community for the good value and the excellent staff.

My Mom has been there for one month.
The welcome and warm attitude of the staff has been been very comforting to our family.
In addition to the staff the residents all seem very happy which to us says alot about the quality of service.

Thank you for making this transition more helpful.

Bohemia Arbors... Promising....

My mom is a new resident to the Arbors. My mom started with respite care. The room was akin to a room in a Hyatt or Marriott hotel. When we made the decision to transition to a permanent residency, the room we were offered was not as nice. All of the room issues I brought up were handled kindly, swiftly and competently...thank you to Kevin and Steve. I think there is an adjustment period that my mom (and I ) need to get through. Podiatry care that I signed multiple consents for, were not delivered and I needed to address her issues outside of their care. Day excursions seem a bit unreliable. Scheduled outings seem to be subject to the availability of drivers. This is a huge issue for my mom and is very disappointing, she likes to get out! Daily activities would be better if they were more engaging. Watching a movie is not an activity, in my opinion. I feel that the Arbors community can do much more in terms of engaging the residents. BBQ's on the grills, theme parties, etc. Beauty parlor services are excellent and my mom's hair looks great! Weekly Catholic mass is not offered, but a prayer service is offered. I am unsure why the [Removed] takes residents to mass twice per week and the Bohemia Arbors can't seem to manage one Sunday. This also goes for Temple... In the three week of residence for my mom, one prayer service was not delivered, one was late and one was offered. This is super important for my mom and is a major issue for her. Not to be negative, let me say that the staff is amazing. I have found them to be kind, patient and as accommodating as possible. Many of the staff that I have encountered are wonderful people who interact with the residents cheerfully and compassionately. They are super kind people who seem to have unlimited patience. The infrastructure itself is beautiful, except for some of the bedrooms, which may be crowded with outdated furniture, if shared. I have heard no complaints about the food, but my mom eats less than a bird. I do feel my mom is safe and cared for and the Arbors is overall a good place.

Good in some ways, disappointing in others.

My father has lived at The Arbors in Bohemia for a year now. He's very unhappy with the food. I understand taste is subjective, but it's not hot when he gets it, and that's not subjective. I've complained about it, but I've been brushed off.

Today, for the second time, there has been an outing scheduled and then canceled at the last minute. The reason they gave is because the "chaperone" had a meeting to attend. This is very disappointing to residents who are looking forward to some time out. It sends a message that the people in charge don't really care about the residents - their meetings are more important than their commitment to the residents.

The Arbors is concierge, so you get a lot of services with no extra charge. But sometimes I think the services are sub-par.

Today, I'm just feeling very disappointed with the service provided (or not provided).

Fine Food

Everything is going pretty good for my father at this community. The community looks great, it is very well-kept and nice and clean. A major of the staff is pleasant and very helpful. He hasn't tried the activities yet, but they are very encouraging to him, and trying to get him to participate. The is food is nice, everyone says it smells good and taste good. I would recommend this community.

So far excellent!

Mom has been here for a month. The staff is great, mom enjoys food and they have a great activity planner. I think we made a great decision with the Arbord Bohemia

1st week at The Arbors in Bohemia

Finally came to the conclusion that my mother needed Assisted Living care. She will be 90 in September. Incident took place two weeks ago today that made me realize she needed to be in a better place.

Went to The Arbors in Bohemia, only 10 minutes from my home. Met with Melissa who met with me for about an hour and a half. We discussed my mother's situation and she showed me a room that I felt would be perfect for her.

Luckily there was a resident at the site who my Mom knew and Melissa and I arranged to have my mother have lunch with her the next day. My mother was impressed with the facility but thought she did not need to go there. We had a discussion that afternoon and she agreed to go.

Made the final arrangement a few days later and my mother moved in a week ago. It has been a tough week but the staff has made the transition as easy as possible. Everyone and I mean everyone from Melissa, to Cindy and all concerned (receptionist, recreation and wellness division, housekeepers and maintenance personnel) have been so nice to her and me.

She is still in the period of adjustment but is eating better and beginning to socialize with the other residents. Many more obstacles to go for her and myself, but thanks to The Arbors, life it beginning to get a bit easier again.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Arbors at Bohemia seemed like a nice place, overall. The facility was well kept and clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. They are worth a look if you are searching for care in the area!

Great place! Very friendly, helpful staff!

Things have gone very well with The Arbors at Bohemia, we're very pleased with them! They were so helpful throughout the whole transition and move in process, they made things very easy for our family. They even handled things down to hanging pictures and arranging the furniture! The staff here are all very friend, I haven't met one person who was anything less than friendly. We also liked that this community is all one floor, that is something Mom was very interested in.

I would be a resident if needed!

My mother was here for 6 months before she was hospitalized and moved on to hospice care. The staff is caring and will encourage residents to participate in activities and be involved and will get resident out of their room if necessary. The rooms are large enough to navigate with a walker if needed. Menus were varied and not repetitive. Nutrition will work with residents for any dietary or medical problems. The decor was lovely and security acceptable. Doctors were there a few days a week. Laundry was nicely done and there were no losses or mix ups. When the time comes, I wouldn't mind being a resident as I found The Arbors to be warm and welcoming!

Caring and sensitive staff

They did a great job at The Arbors at Bohemia. It's a very nice looking, clean community and the staff were all incredibly friendly and caring. They show a sincere sensitivity to the family and to the needs of each resident.

Going well

They are clean and the staff is friendly. There have been a few complaints about the food, the way it's cooked. They are very good in communicating with us, and taking care of my dad, they have been very accommodating, and responsive to us. We liked the location, we liked the one story building and the nice grounds. They didn't have a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Nice, BUT......

The Arbors bohemia is looks beautiful, smells clean, but there is not enough staff in the wellness area. There should always be someone in the wellness office to answer the phone and talk to relatives and they seem very light on staff in this very important area. They lock the door to the wellness office at times to give out meds and there just doesn't seem to be enough staff to go around to all the clients that need care. They also seem to need more than 2 different doctors that come in to treat the patients. There is a lot of paperwork in that area and it seems they need to hire more people so they could be better organized.

I visited with Melissa, tod...

I visited with Melissa, today. This seems like a very nice place grounds are nice and they seem to really care, I also went to the one in islandia and he really wouldn't fit in there, plus he wouldn't like being so close to a busy road

Safe, comfortable & making new friends! Priceless!

We needed to find a safe place for my mother who has
macular degeneration & needs more socialization than she was getting in her apartment. She was not able to cook for herself or complete many other activities of daily living safely. The Arbors at Bohemia had the largest Movie/TV screen than any other home we looked at (6 others) and the fact that it's all on one level (no elevators) made it a winner. I don't think my mother would have been able to manage using an elevator because of her low vision. The Arbors Bohemia staff have been very helpful & considerate. Everyone from the housekeeps & maintenance crew to the people in administation have been cheerful as they lend a hand or just have to answer questions we have. My mom says they're keeping her busy & has already been out on 2 trips. She is adjusting well & we as her children are so relieved. It's so nice to say good bye to her and know she is safe. Priceless!

They are good for recreation.

They are good for recreation. Their wellness department is not as good, I would have to beg them to shave her and they wouldn't cut her nails. The Arbors was good if you don't need any help. Karen who does recreation here, she is the best! I've heard people complain about the food but some people will complain about anything. If you are fairly self sufficient this is the place to be. We loved it!

The Arbors Assisted Living community at Bohemia is more than a retirement community or an apartment complex for active adults. The Arbors senior communities are a place where our loved ones can enjoy life to the fullest. The Arbors Assisted Living offers a nurturing and caring adult living community where each day brings something new to explore.

The Arbors is located a short distance from Long Island’s world-class South Shore beaches. Easily accessible from nearly anywhere on the island, The Arbors Bohemia is convenient for visiting family and friends while offering an extensive choice of area restaurants, shopping, banking and other destinations. Two of the region’s most prominent cultural venues – the Gateway Playhouse (Long Island’s only professional musical theater) and the Patchogue Theatre for the Performing Arts, which showcase a wide array of captivating performances in virtually all areas of live theater production.