Sunrise of Smithtown - Smithtown, NY

Best option with level of services & had enhanced license. Can handle if requires hoyer lift & wheelchair.

Nice Tour

Very nice community, and I had nice tour of it.

Nice Facility!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was beautiful and they had a lot of great amenities that I was impressed with. It was just not the right location and price for my mom in the end decision. I would recommend it to anyone who was interested.

Staff Was Kind and Friendly

This is a nice community, and my tour went well. The community appeared to be well maintained. From what I saw everything was nice and clean. The staff is friendly, they were very welcoming and kind. It was a good experience. My tour went very well. This is a nice community.

Friendly and clean. Caring

Sunrise was okay.

Sunrise was okay. I think my loved one needs more attention than assisted living can provide. They make a good effort, though. It can take a minute for the people to get there when they are called. The food is okay, it's better than hospital food, but my loved one didn't care for it. We did see some ants in the dining room, but they called the exterminator out the next day. I think for a rating they would fall between a three and a four.

Very pleased!

The level of cooperation and care of the staff is extremely high. We are very pleased with everyone we dealt with from initial meetings right through move in. It has been great. My loved one is comfortable and well taken care of here. The residents seem happy as well. They are very welcoming. This is a really nice community. I am glad we made this selection.

Nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. We felt it was a very nice place, overall. It was a clean and caring environment, and we would recommend it to other families looking into care in the area!

Very nice place!

So far we have no complaints about Sunrise of Smithtown! It's a great place, overall! I don't get the chance to visit often myself, but I hear only good things from my relatives. They've got great food, the rooms are nice, and the staff is friendly and always available if you have questions.

Friendly Environment

My sister seems to like it. When I go there to visit it's a very friendly environment. The residents and staff are all friendly. There's not too much privacy though. Everyone is all in one room, Its like a living room. When visiting you will find yourself sitting with a group of people that are mainly asleep. Some are awake watching TV. There is not much conversation but it's because most have Dementia. I would recommend this facility. Its a friendly and clean place.

Very nice place!

I think they've done a fantastic job at Sunrise of Smithtown! The facility itself is top notch, it is always clean and well kept. The staff are very polite and professional, and they take great care of the people who live here. I would recommend this place highly!

Worth a look!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very nice! The community itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. This place is very nice overall, and definitely worth a look if you are looking into care options for a loved one in the area!

Nice place

Overall things have gone very well with Sunrise of Smithtown. It's a nice place, the staff are friendly, and we have no big complaints! We'd recommend it as somewhere to look into, if you're looking into care in the area.

Doing well so far.

Every time I come to see her she is neat and clean, as is the room, and well tended to. So far we don't have any real concerns, or need for improvement. They were supposed to have a thirty day review that hasn't happened yet. Overall I am fairly happy with them, a four plus.

This was our second choice only becau...

This was our second choice only because of the distance. It was the only Sunrise in the area that had an opening when we needed it but it was 45 minutes away. Everyone was very nice and we would have loved it, but it was just too much of a drive.

Sunrise Senior Living, a new lease on life for Mom

After visiting Sunrise, Mom offered no resistance whatever
to the prospect of leaving her beloved N.Y.C. apartment.
She was delighted by the open floorplan of her new apt; a real sunlit bay window, no hospital atmosphere at all. These communities have been architecturally designed to look like the "summer cottages " of the rich and famous of Newport, with indoor and outdoor sunporches, multiple libraries and livingrooms with fireplaces, shared common spaces for residents to enjoy exercise classes, games, hors-doevres or ice-cream socials in the afternoons. She spends almost no time in her apt. except for sleeping,
we did not want her shuttered away in a shared room with none of her own things around her. All meals are waitress service, with white tablecloths and full menus to choose from, and an executive chef to ensure delicious meals of astonishing variety and taste.Executive director Jodi and Sales Assoc. Pat have made this the easiest transition and most pleasant decision we have ever made for Mom's care.

A country inn with modern conveniences and safety

mother thought Sunrise Senior was a country club, olde world charm with a modern bed and breakfast service. not institutional
at all. bright and airy, central air, delightful and polite staff. Executive director and director of sales could not have been more helpful or kind to family.

more hospital like

It was more hospital like than the one we chose. and more expensive. More assisted living than what we needed. There were a lot more wheelchairs parked around.

It's been so much better than the place he was before.

It's been so much better than the place he was before. The staff is wonderful the ratio of staff to patients is very good. Overall we've been pretty happy and he has improved since moving here.

we all thought it was really nice. I ...

we all thought it was really nice. I was especially impressed with the dementia ward. He was not interested because they didn't take medicaid