Sunrise of East Setauket - Setauket-East Setauket, NY

A nice tour

This is a nice looking larger community. This community seems to offer some nice activities and amenities such as monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse. This community would not accept our loved one.

TLC for mom

The care that is given at this community is wonderful. The variety of the meals is very good. The activities that are offered are nice when possible. I am happy to recommend this community to other families for the great care and the value for loved ones.

Good Place For My Uncle

It has been a good experience (1)for my uncle here at this community . They are caring for him and his needs very well . The community looks great and very well maintained . The staff is great and very friendly . Overall I know he is safe and in good hands here . Everything has worked out great for us here .

A Fabulous Community

This is a fabulous community and my mother is doing well here. I'am pleased with the care they are providing her with. I know she is safe and good hands here. The community looks great, they do a good job with the cleaning. Everybody here is very friendly and kind. They are doing a great job caring for her and her needs. It has worked out well and I would recommend it.

Oversold

Review limitations: My expectations might have been too high. I think Sunrise was oversold to me. That said...
Food is very good. The entire facility is kept very clean and looks good. Care is not nearly individualized enough. Doctors on staff appear to be okay, but they are kind of passive. They offer lots of activities, but participation is small in number. Administration is a bit unorganized. The aides are okay. Expensive.

Sunrise of East Setauket

My mother loves it and is doing very well at Sunrise of East Setauket . They take very good care of my mother. Any time she does not feel like going down to eat, they will take the meal to her in her room. They are very accommodating like that and in many other ways. It is very clean and well kept, and the people there are Sunrise of East Setauket.

Things are going very well.

Things are going very well. She has settled in pretty well, and is adjusting. So far it's well kept, and the staff is friendly. I haven't heard anything about the food, and there seems to be plenty of entertainment. I would rate them a five so far.

Great place. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. No complaints.

above and beyond

The staff has really gone above and beyond, extremely friendly, sweet, caring, loving, and warm. Everyone that works there I have been very impressed with, especially Susan.

Worth a look!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very nice! The community itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. This place is very nice overall, and definitely worth a look if you are looking into care options for a loved one in the area!

They take good care of my loved one.

This is one of two different Sunrise locations, we have used, and we have been pleased. They take good care of my loved one. They don't let them sit in their rooms all day. They get them out and involved, social and active. They are caring and understanding. I would recommend them highly.

They did a fantastic job.

They did a fantastic job. I don't have any complaints. Our stay was very short, my father wasn't doing well. They were great not only to my father but to our family as well. They always made us comfortable, never treated us like a stranger. The director was great, and caring and understanding. I really liked that they made sure to get the people out of their rooms. They were more expensive, but the care is amazing. I would recommend them, highly.

Very nice place!

Overall everything has gone very well at Sunrise, I'd give them high marks across the board! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly people to work with. The care and concern they show towards their residents really stands out, and you can tell they take great care of everyone!

Very compassionate staff, beautiful b...

Very compassionate staff, beautiful building, good food.

It's very good, it's been positive.

It's very good, it's been positive. He is always playing bingo and doing stuff. He gives the food a ten. The food is excellent and there's plenty of it. The waitstaff sometimes can take a while.

We are very pleased!

We are very pleased! She is doing really, really, well. Our only issue is, it took a very long time to get the physical therapy started, it hasn't been as smooth as we wanted. Check out the Terrace Club, it's wonderful! there is a group of about 12 - 15 and she hasn't been this engaged in a long time. I think maybe in terms of the communication among the wellness staff there could be some improvement. She seems happy with the food.

It was the most like a home.

It was the most like a home. Others were more instutional and hotel like. My mom is on the lower level of care needed so she doesn't really use the care services. My communication with the staff has been very good. They are set up in other states so even if you can't go to the one where you are looking at you can visit another and get a good idea. When I go to visit her sometimes I can't always find her because she is out doing things and visiting people in the community.

You really have to be in the sweet spot of what they do to get the value.

You really have to be in the sweet spot of what they do to get the value.

Mom & I met w/ Susan on 8/2...

Mom & I met w/ Susan on 8/29. Excellent facility. Saw 2 & 1 br units. Cost is higher. May be 'too institutional' for Mom at this point. 2nd option to Hertlin Place.

I wish I went here sooner

It's expensive but I definitely think, so far, we're getting everything that I hoped for. My dad doesn't do the activites but they really do have a nice variety for those who participate.

I was looking for a place that used patience rather than just prescibing medications. They told me they did that and they're really coming through. The call me to let me know that things are going well instead of only calling if something is wrong.

I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner. Less than a month ago he was slumped over in a chair and I was told her was blind and in a vegetative state and if you saw my dad today - he's not the same person! The staff love him. They say he's adorable and pleasant. They undertand that there is an adjustment period and it's longer for some that others.

Secure(alarms on doors) studio w/bath...

Secure(alarms on doors) studio w/bath approx $159/day x31 = $4,929/mo; Companion room suite w/bath $124/day x 31 = $3,844/mo. After assessment (can do at Mather), she made need more than basic care and cost could go up. 2 Drs. make housecalls. Private pay - NO MEDICAID.

Sunrise is probably better suited to ...

Sunrise is probably better suited to my mother's needs because it is able to supply increased care as the need arises. Also the room layouts are optimal.