The Arbors at Islandia - East and West - Islandia, NY

The Arbors at Islandia - East and West - Islandia, NY has yet not published prices.

Call from executive director, [removed]

No cost info from [name removed]

Nice place conveniently located right off exit 57 of the northern state parkway, however its pretty much secluded from stores/restaurants. No views from the complex, but rooms are very large. Facility very nicely decorated. Felt very warm and inviting. Everyone seemed really nice.

Liked the all-inclusive pricing.

Does not have enhanced license

Excellent community.

Nice Facility

My father in law is currently rehab at the moment, but once he gets better he will return. This is a nice community with kind people. The staff is good, and they are friendly whenever we visit. The community is well-kept, and everything is nice, and clean. This is a good community.

Friendly staff

The staff here were very friendly and did a great job with our tour. We were shown around the community and the staff answered all our questions. This is a very nice community and would be able to accommodate my mom.

Overall things are good

Mom is ok with the food. Mom seems to be more outgoing and interacting more. She does enjoy a few of the activities offered. They do offer a few different activities on the east side and mom is able to go over and participate in some of them. The staff is accommodating. Mom is on the west side and the building has a friendly layout for residents with memory issues. Everything is in a loop and on the same floor. I would recommend this community.

The Apartment Set Up

The semi-private room we were shown did not have a dividing wall and the size was smaller than we had hoped for. The community was very nice and they have two different sections from what we saw on our tour.

i Toured The Community

My goal was to find a new community and in a location that is very close to me. This community was not both of what I was looking for. They were professional and the tour was great.

I toured the West facility and was impressed by how beautiful and clean it is. There are many activities scheduled for the residents and several lovely areas to sit and visit. The dining room is very attractive and on the day I visited the menu consisted of several nice choices. I saw a few of the staff members while on tour and their interactions with the residents; all seemed respectful and pleasant. The overall atmosphere of the facility is one of comfort and home. I did not at all feel as if I were in an institution while I was there. I thought the plan was well thought out; my first impression is that the first priority of those who work here is the care and happiness of the people who live here.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff at this community where excellent, they made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed tour of there facility and gave us lots of great information. It was one of our favorite tours that we had taken. The floor plan is open with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. The location was just a little for my family and I to drive everyday.

Plusses: bigger rooms, allinclusive price, meal very good. Mom got spinage, artt teacher [Removed] twice a week, rec director has art degree
Neg's: not as elegant. Moms drapes won't fit. Window overlooked hwy. no sleepovers , Residents appeared less active. No pool Less living areas like movies and art room

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is doing very well since her move to The Arbors at Islandia. I think it has been a good fit for her and the staff is very nice. I have not noticed anything they could improve on, the facility is always very clean.

Care for family

I like the care here for my mom. The staff is very nice. We find that the community to be clean and maintained. They need more activities for the residents. The menu could use some small improvments . We would over all recommend this community to other families.

A lovely place, huge rooms. This place was previously a Marriott ten years ago. The room are really hotel style, nice furniture. Well organized. Three levels of care, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Concierge. Concierge is a level between regular Assisted and Memory Care. All the bells and Whistles.

Good Place!

The tour went good. The staff was friendly and they answered any and all questions. The community was nice and clean and that is what we liked. The residents were out and doing things in the community.

The best choice we could have made!

We are very happy with this community. Mom loves being here. Mom has gotten involved with the singing, the bingo and some of the other activities. Mom has become more social. She loves the food and the dining. The community is always clean and that is a bonus. We picked here because they came highly recommended by some of our friends.

Phenomenal place to be!

This place is absolutely awesome. I could not be more pleased. They are excellent at everything. The food is delicious and dad licks the plate clean. The staff does a great job taking care of dad. He was having some issues transitioning, but now everything is fine. I can't say enough good things about this place. They are phenomenal. When me and my wife need a place to go this is where it will be.

Friendly Nice Community

For the most part everything is going pretty well for my mother here at this community. They are caring for her and her needs very well. The community is clean and well-kept. The staff have been very friendly and nice. They do a have a nice variety of activities for the residents to participate in. They also have nice outings outside the community. We are having some roommate issues, but hopefully we can get the resolved. It is a very nice community, and I would recommend it.

Large Variety Of Activities.

This community is beautiful. My grandmother is really enjoying the activities offered such as games, movie night, and exercise programs. The staff is taking excellent care of her, they are very friendly and always answer all of my questions. It was actually my grandmother's birthday a week ago and for a small fee, they let us rent a private room to celebrate with her and have dinner. Her room is very comfortable, it has its own bathroom and even has a balcony.