The Arbors at Hauppauge - Hauppauge, NY

The Arbors Assisted Living community at Hauppauge is more than a retirement community or an apartment complex for active adults. The Arbors senior communities are places where our loved ones can enjoy life to the fullest. The Arbors Assisted Living offers a nurturing and caring adult living community where each day brings something new to explore.

The Arbors Hauppauge is located at the geographic heart of Long Island, just minutes off the Long Island Expressway, Exit 55. Easy to get to from nearly anywhere on Long Island, The Arbors Hauppauge is convenient for visiting family and friends while offering an extensive choice of area restaurants, shopping centers, and other destinations.

• Computer Lab
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • 24 hour care
  • Female & Male Residents

Safe clean welcoming

My mom has been there since 2015. It's clean, staff is very nice to residents. Three hot meals a day in the dining room, salon services, and plenty of activities all day. My only dislike is if you bring your loved one to an outside doctor and they meaning the arbors administer the meds/even over the counter? The protocol to bring those meds in and get them administered to the resident is exhausting. It HAS to be in a written prescription, with extremely specific instructions. It's understandable but even for OTC's. I usually wind up doing all the phone calling to the outside doc etc. other than that it's one of the best facilities I had seen at the time.

Overall A Good Experience

So far the experience is going pretty well for my love one with his move to this community. This is a good, safe facility, and we do feel comfortable with his move here. The staff is kind, and have been friendly when we visit. The only issue we have had is they said they would transport him to Mass on Sunday's. Due to not many people going one Sunday they did not take him. We felt due to religious reasons they should had still taken him to Mass. Other than issue everything else is going pretty well. I would recommend this community overall, it is a nice facility.

Very nice tour

The staff did a very nice tour here and they showed us all around and answered all our questions. The thing was that my mom was not interested in staying over night so she did not think that this was a good fit.

A good tour

This community has hallways that are really long. They do offer a break area partway down the hallway. This community has split levels for activities and there is more area to navigate. We did not think this layout would work well for residents with memory issues.

My Mom's Pick

The move in has been going good for my mom. She is socializing a lot and that is what she needed. They have a lot of activities through out the day with meals in between. They eat breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, and dinner at 6. We try to get in touch with her but she is always out and about. It's a nice little community that is clean. The people who work there are helpful and nice. They provide medication reminders. The residents are really nice and she really wanted a semi-private room.

They Have A Good Set Up

My dad is living at this community and when I visit i see he is doing terrific. Everything from the cleanliness to the staff, I really like and I would recommend them. It is a nice community and from what I the residents have told me the food is good.

Nice facility!!

I have no complaints of how my tour went of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my loved one in the end decision.

A positive atmosphere!!

My loved one is very happy and she is adjusting well. She is comfortable and likes her apartment. She is having a hard time getting wifi in her room, but hopefully, that will change soon. She is happy with the meals and really likes that everyone is very accommodating. They are very conscientious.

The best of the best!!

I thought this place was one of the best I had seen out of all the different tours I had taken for my father. The staff have done a great job at making sure he comfortable and his needs are accommodated in his new living environment. I am very impressed with the overall experience and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested.

Many blessings to the folks at The Arbors at Hauppauge! The care, services, camaraderie and genuine love my Mama receives has improved her quality of life 100%. Outstanding provision of necessary services are combined with the warm, friendly, patient understanding so vital to maintaining a positive experience and day to day outlook for their residents. As a physician, I well know such consistent and compassionate delivery of care cannot be underestimated in a setting so often demanding such individually personalized attention.
During my numerous unannounced visits, not one time has any staffmember swayed from their obvious dedicated personal mission to provide the highest quality of care and life in a positive, upbeat tone and manner.
My family's sincere thanks to each of the dedicated housekeepers, maintenance and grounds-keepers, chef and kitchen staff, Wellness staff and physician, occupational/physical therapists, social worker, front desk receptionists, recreational staff and each administrator.

Mom in Law is Well

My mother in law is doing fine here at this community. We are satisfied with her move to this community. Everything has worked out well for us at this community.

The Arbors is better than home

We love the Arbors at Hauppauge. My adoptive mom has been there for one year and she is healthier and happier than she has been in years.
The Arbors staff brought her back. Mom was lethargic and very weak. She was not eating well and seemed to be giving up on living. One year later, she is hearty and hale; she has gained weight and is walking well and standing tall.
The care she receives at the Arbors is excellent. The staff is dedicated, professional and caring. They obviously love her.
I am forever in their debt. I live 1500 miles away and I am impressed at the quality of her care.

Not Impressed!!

I was overall not impressed with this particular community at all. It is kept clean, however the building complex was awkward and not in the best shape. It also felt very cramped and had narrow hallways.

Find Another

Wellness staff made several mistakes. Executive Director does not respond to telephone calls and often has other staff members to address issues. My Mother ran out of medications so many times. High turn over rate of the staff. Please pick another community for your loved one.

Mixed bag

Decent place because of some of the staff and residents. Activities are pretty good, but food is below average. The aides are a mixed bag, some are good, some bad, and you never know what you will get. The upper management, however, is a different story. Because of this, good employees don't stay on very long and this causes issues for the residents.

This is a great place for your loved one

My mom is very Happy staying at The Arbors at Hauppauge. She has a great semi private room .The room has a wall divider which makes it very private. It is a great idea for all to follow. Not too many Seniors can afford private rooms but this is the next best thing. The food is great and they have many activities. She feels at home and comnfortable.The staff is marvelous. I highly recomended.

Christina Christina

Thank you for your kind words. Here at Hauppauge we treat residents like family, to ensure they receive not only what they need but also what they want. That’s what family is for.

All our best,
The Arbors at Hauppauge

The staff seems to be compassionate and caring

We haven't had any issues. So far, so good. The staff seems to be compassionate and caring. My mother hasn't been there that long but so far everything has been going very good. The Arbors at Hauppauge is a nice community with very friendly people. The staff is very kind and helpful. They are also welcoming. The value is pretty good. The Arbors at Hauppauge is a very good place for my Mother. She is doing well.

Seemed like a nice place!

We toured this this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Arbors at Hauppauge seemed like a nice place, overall! The facility was clean, well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However the other residents seemed to be on the less active side of the scale, and we wanted somewhere a little more active for my loved one.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I thought that The Arbors at Hauppauge seemed like a nice place. The staff I met were all very friendly and professional, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. I also liked that the community seemed to be geared towards veterans, which would have made a good fit for my loved one!

Terrible experience

We had a horrible experience with The Arbors at Hauppauge. We had signed the papers with them and were waiting to move our loved one in, but they found some detail in her medical history that they didn't like and told us she was no longer allowed to move in. We had the social worker at the hospital try and work with them to get some answers, but they told us we would have to contact their corporate office. They handled everything very unprofessionally.

Facility Had old look, use to be a motel. Shared room was large, but prices on the high side

A Standout Community

The caring, attentive staff at The Arbors makes this facility a standout among assisted living facilities. I have had the pleasure of interacting with the employees of The Arbors on numerous occasions. Each time Nancy, Meghan and Howard have been stand outs in their field. The setting is clean ,bright and updated with a huge amount of daily activities. Each day there is bus trip that residents can participate in that takes them out of the community as well. I believe that the staff makes or breaks an assisted living facility and this one is a winner.

Not for resident with moderate dementia

The arbors at Hauppauge is very warm and cozy and the décor is well appointed. The staff are GREAT, especially, Melissa, Nancy & Dana. They really develop a relationship wit the resident and the family and do a great job engaging both the resident & the family. My biggest challenge with the Arbors is that if your loved one requires more attention that just routine assistance, this is not the place. My mother suffers from moderate dementia & need a lot of cuing, reminders and direction. Although we were told in the beginning that she might need too much assistance but they would be willing to give it a try, after about 2 weeks week, we were told that we would need to find another community for her. My mother really couldn't understand why they were making her move & now we needed to begin the search for another community that was affordable and would be willing to take a resident with moderate dementia. It was challenging to say the least & trying to explain it to my mother was more of a challenge. What really annoyed me & turned me off was that the Executive Director not once spoke with us or my mother but left it up to his staff to explain, knowing that we had a challenging situation. Even the day of the move out when my mom was saying her goodbyes to the staff, who all loved her, the Executive Director was in the lobby, saw us but never acknowledged us or spoke with us. Only when my husband called to complain, did I receive a phone call from the Executive Director. In addition, In lieu of the circumstances, I think we should have received an entire refund of the $3000 community fee, rather than 1/3 ( she ended staying 2 months before we were able to find another community). If they are not able to handle residents with dementia, they should state that in the beginning and not accept them as residents.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very nice! The community itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. We liked all of The Arbors communities, and actually ended selecting one for our loved one! This place is very nice overall, and definitely worth a look if you are looking into care options for a loved one in the area!

The Arbors at Hauppague is the Best!

Visited many assisted living facilities and The Arbors in Hauppague is the nicest and best value that we saw. Everyone there that we have spoken with and Dad himself are very happy. Great place!

Katie was very informative,...

Katie was very informative, place was very nice

A GREAT EXPERIENCE

This was my first experience trying to find a new home for Mom. The Arbors At Hauppauge were wonderful. Megan was helpful, supportive and gave us such a warm welcome during our visit. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very friendly with the other residents. It is a place you could call home. Thank you all for everything.

This place looked fine, although it w...

This place looked fine, although it was not one of the best that we looked at when we were touring. It looked nice enough and everyone seemed friendly. However, there would have been difficulties with my loved one's motorized scooter, and it was also a bit too far away from family to be convenient.

I'm very pleased with them.

I'm very pleased with them, she is adjusting very well. They are very open to suggestion. What they tell you when you go in changes once you actually get in there, but not that much. They are loaded with activities. The food could probably be stepped up a little but in the span of things it's fine. In general ask a lot of questions assume nothing. Don't feel guilty because your doing the best thing you can for whoever needs the help. Our initial invite and tour was very informative and helpful.

They pay attention to detail.

They pay attention to detail. They do seem to have a lot of activities and they follow up to see that people do participate. I had looked at another community and I chose this one because it was clean and all inclusive. Keep getting the people more involved and address any issue or complaint at all would be my only suggestion. My dad sat with some people at dinner and one guy who wasn't very nice, but he didn't want to say anything. This community also seemed brighter and more upbeat.

Great Experience!

The Arbors is a really great facility. The staff could not be more attentive to the residences. They seem to really care about taking pride in their work from the really nice food menu to all the activities provided. They always seem to be cleaning and keeping the home in safe and excellent shape.

Exceeded All My Expectations. Extraordinary!

It's so excellent! They have such wonderful, caring, kind, and compassionate staff. It's a fabulous place. My brother is so happy there. I never dreamed that he would embrace his life there the way that he has. As soon as we went to The Arbors and met with Chirstine I knew this was the place for my brother. It's so warm and welcoming. There is a beautiful corner room with a fireplace where they have all the activites. He's got a little terrace and privacy wall in his room. There is a 24hr bistro with coffee, snacks and a tv in there. Everywhere that you go, every nook and corner is warm and welcoming. It's Catholic centered, it's veteran centered with verteran's meetings once a month and a van to take you to service. It's the perfect place!

I would highly recommend it to anyone! It's the best of everything that I've seen and it's exceeded all my expectation.

Our first choice

They are a very good community. They were very friendly and really helpful. They would not take our loved one because of their situation but they were our first choice. The community is very clean and well maintained. I would recommend them to anyone if they will take you.

It was a nice facility.

It was a nice facility.

The Director was prepared for us (alr...

The Director was prepared for us (alreasdy had a folder with our name on it). He explained everything in a clear and professional manner. The tour was outstanding.

very clean, no odors staff very frien...

very clean, no odors staff very friendly not too much outdoor space good on nurtrition felt safe very ood personal care 30 day moveout time and every 90 day review felt good about trusting my instincts.

Also visited The Arbors at Hauppauge....

Also visited The Arbors at Hauppauge. The young woman who showed us around was also very pleasant and informative. The prices were somewhat within our range and the facility was really very well maintained. Again thank you for this opportunity.

My concern was the elevator. At the ...

My concern was the elevator. At the time of my visit, residents were waiting on line for the elevator. I beleive maint or housekeeping was involved with the elevator. There should be a designated elevator for maint and h/keeping. A safty issue....