The Arbors at Islandia - Islandia, NY

The Arbors at Islandia - Islandia, NY has yet not published prices.

Hasn't Been There That Long

My mom hasn't been at this community very long.But so far from what she has experienced the staff has been very friendly and helpful. She has liked the food no complaints. She has done some of the activities that she is able to do and she started to meet some new people.

Good Tour Overall of This Community

This is a nice community, and my tour of went well. The community was well-kept from what I saw. The staff was kind to family, and myself. The experience went well overall, but it wasn't the community for my father.

Gratitude Long Overdue

When it becomes clear that your loved one can no longer live independently it can be an overwhelming experience. My search for an Assisted Living Residence began with A Place for Mom and their courteous, and helpful assistance. They guided me through the process of choosing a residence best suited to the needs of my Mom and myself. The first place I visited was The Arbors at Islandia-West. Upon arrival, I noted the "bed and breakfast" feel of the residence. It was here that I was provided with all the information I needed to make an informed decision with compassion and understanding of the emotions that go along with leaving your loved one in the care of others. I visited and investigated several other adult residences in my area, but was continually drawn back to The Arbors at Islandia-West. I knew deep down inside from the beginning it was the best fit for my Mom.
My Mom became a resident at The Arbors at Islandia -West in January of 2015!
The residence itself is very well maintained. I have found the entire staff at The Arbors-West is friendly, patient, kind and attentive towards it's residents. The Doctors that provide their services are very good and make themselves available to any questions or concerns about the care of your loved one. I am certain my Mom is safe in their care.
My Mom is very happy at The Arbors at Islandia-West and participates in many of the activities they have to offer. After all, her happiness is all that matters!

Didn't Work Out For Us

Our experience with the community was a short one due the fact that my father ended up needing more care then they were able to offer. It didn't work well for us here, there were some good thing and bad things about this place. The staff was great and did all they can for us, but we did have to move him to a better place. The community is a good place with great activities and I would say this a good place for the right person.