Sunrise of Glen Cove - Glen Cove, NY

Sunrise is the best

Our experience with Sunrise @ Glen Cove far exceeded our expectations. My mother in law was so sad about moving from her own home ( she lived in the same house for 66years) and our whole family was heartbroken but the move was necessary for her safety. We tried in home caregivers and found them to be unreliable and very expensive.She has been a resident for the past 9 months at Sunrise and she couldn’t be more content. She loves her caregivers.She has made many new friends and loves to participate in the activities. She feels like she is living in a 5 star hotel with fine dining.
Our family loves to visit her at Sunrise because we can just relax and enjoy the visit without feeling sad or guilty.
I really wish that we had found Sunrise sooner.

The Sunrise of Glen Cove was very clean and maintained. The staff was very friendly, call the residents by there. The staff gave us a tour and explained thing we needed to know. She did not rush us, took a lot of time with us. Very nice place.

My mom's good care

We like this community for the good care that my sister is receiving. The staff is good at communications with me. This community is very clean and well maintained. They offer a nice menu of meals that she seems to be please with.The activities are offered a lot for her to join the other residents. We would highly recommend this community for the care and good value for a family member.

I Found the Help and Room I Wanted

After touring with them and confirming that this is where I would want to live, I decided to pick them. It is simply decorated in and out the community. I am still independent and they help when I need it. I like the rides to the store.

A good tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice and helpful. They seem to offer a lot of nice amenities and activities. The residents did not seem as involved in the activities as the residents were at the community we chose.

Great Commuity Taking Good Care of My Loved One

My loved one is still adjusting with her move to this community, but I do feel satisfied with her move here. It is a great community with kind people. She is safe, and receiving great care. They community, and her room are well maintained when I come to visit. Everything is working out well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Nice place!

This community is very beautiful. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. The people looked to be happy and enjoying themselves. They answered all of our questions and were very knowledgeable about the community.

So far so good! It's not fair for me to give a star rating because we have only had 3 days experience.

Love this facility. They have everything. All possible combinations of care. Lovely place, warm homely. Perfect for my brother. I would live there myself.

Happy with Sunrise Glen Cove!

My sister has dementia and she was in another facility in another state and we were not happy with her care. She was moved to Long Island and is presently in Sunrise in Glen Cove. The difference in her care is unbelievable. She is always clean, the staff is friendly, and we feel very comfortable leaving her there. My sister is not an easy resident to care for and the staff never complains to us and everybody treats her with respect. Our family is very pleased with this facility.

So far it's very nice.

So far it's very nice. So far no complaints about food or staff or anything. They have been pretty pleasant. We chose it because of the ones we looked at it was the nicest.

Caregiving not consistent. Some are good [removed] Too short staffed on weekends

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and are sorry to hear you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We'd like to learn more - please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

We couldn't ask for more

Our 91 year old mom has been in this facility for a month. We were initially impressed by the facility itself (which is in immaculate condition) and the kind, caring staff who seems completely dedicated to their mission. After a few weeks, we have become even more impressed, as our mom has been having a difficult transition to community life. They have been extremely attentive and kind in their efforts to facilitate her adjustment, gently guiding her to activities, and sitting and talking with her to ease her anxiety. They could not try harder than they have. They have also been very supportive to our family as we deal with our own challenges with her placement. We are very hopeful that she will adjust in time and have a very positive experience here, with far more support, stimulation, attention, and companionship than she had in her home. I have no reservations in rating this facility with 5 stars.

Sunrise seems to be getting a few tinges of darkness!

My Father has been living here for over a year, and upon entering the facility, has had great care, and caring management. During the past few months, with many management changes, it just seems that management does not really care and is not involved at all with the residents. If it was not for the caregivers, my ratings would be lower.

Somebody also needs to tell the kitchen how to cook food for the New York region vs. taking a recipe from the South and transplanting it. How many people in New York like collard greens, black-eyed peas, and ham hock soup?

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

One Month Review

My dad has been a resident of Sunrise Glen Cove for one month. I have been very impressed with the level and quality of care that he has received. He suffers from mild cognitive impairment and also has diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. He has had some medical issues and the responsiveness of the staff has been tremendous, and now that he is actually receiving the proper medications on the proper schedule his condition is actually improving. It is hard to gauge the level of activities because it has been impossible to go out because of the weather. His only continued complaint is that the dining room is very understaffed, the food takes a long time to come out, and they actually ran out of food (eggs) at breakfast a week ago. His impression of some of the other staff is that their hearts are not into it, but my interactions have all been very positive.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking place overall, the facility was clean and the staff all seemed friendly and professional.

It's been a very good experience for her.

It's been a very good experience for her. They're extremely friendly. The food is about a three. It always seems like it takes them a little time to get to those with certain needs. Maybe they could have a little more staff. Maybe they could be a little more responsive. It seemed to have a good combination of having good care, but not with a medical feeling. It was more homey, and cozy feeling.

Caring Staff and Great New Director

The people are extremely caring and the professional staff has been wonderful to my mother. I would say the quality of care is good too. Their bookkeeping seems to be a nightmare. That I'm having an issue with that. I think it's an absolutely beautiful facility and it's well maintained. It did take two months to get a shelf hung in her room. That was concerning but when the new director came in he took care of it right away. I like him very much. I think this is as good a solution for her as possible for my mother.

Didn't cover the practical basics ver...

Didn't cover the practical basics very well, such as services and cost. The place is very nice, clean, but expensive.

Sunrise Senior Living

Very confident, but guarded in our de...

Very confident, but guarded in our decision, Mom & Dad moved into Sunrise at Glen Cove. I pray that they benefit from the move as much as we hope. Our impression is that their quality of life will improve dramatically.