Atria Park of Great Neck - Great Neck, NY

Clean, comfortable but costly.

Tha Atria Great Neck is our first choice for my Uncle. It is clean and the staff is wonderful. There have been a few bumps getting his medical care organized but he is safe, comfortable and well cared for. Most importantly he quickly has adjusted to his new home and is "happy". It is very expensive and there are additional costs that quickly add to the cost of care.

Needs better staffing!!

This community could use a lot of improvements, they are very under staffed and have poor care for there patients because of it. My mother would often wait long periods of time for the staff to attend to her needs and would receive cold food a lot of the time because there was not enough servers on the schedule. I have expressed my concern to the administration many of times and the problem never has seemed to get fixed.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out to share your feedback with us. I'd like to help improve your mother's experience - would you mind emailing me directly to tell me more? I can be reached at [removed].

Very Pleased

My mother is doing very well and I am very pleased. They are caring for her very well and she is happy. The community is nice and clean. The staff is friendly and nice. There are nice activities and good food. Overall everything is going well and I would recommend it.

I went and checked the place out and placed my husband there. The staff was great and the place was clean from when I went. From what I saw I was very happy with the services there.

I like the friendliness of the staff

At Atria Great Neck I really like the dining room and the dining menu. I like the friendliness of the staff in the dining room and health center. My criticism is the welcoming was not very personal. They didn't check on him enough and get him involved in the activities in the beginning. Otherwise it's a nice facility.

Nice looking place!

I think the activities could be alot better. I know the bulk of the population is older and he is bored to death, but I realize they have to base the activities. The food service and dining is excellent. Overall I think the place is terrific and it is run very well.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review of Atria Great Neck and for being a part of the Atria family. We always strive to create the most engaging activities for all of our residents. We invite you to share your loved one\u2019s interests with the staff as well as any suggestions for community activities. We also welcome you to reach out to us at [removed].

Not the place that they claim to be

It seems very good when you first walk in. It's a nice looking place. Some of the people are nice. 85% of the people that work here are not. The people that come here should be people that can take care of their selves. They only give you a room. It's really a nightmare. It's definitely not the place that they claim to be. This is not for people who need care. You have to beg them for things you need. You have to be all over them to get what you need.

Not a good fit

My mother required more care than available at assisted living. Her stay was a brief month. The activity and food service staff were great. The nurse in charge was very abrupt and a poor fit for an elder care community.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time for provide feedback of your mother’s stay with us. As much as it saddens us when one of our residents exceeds the highest level of care we provide and has to relocate, we understand that it is in their best interest when we cannot safely care for their needs. If we can be of further service to you and your family, please reach out to us directly via [removed] and kindly include “Atria Great Neck” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We wish you and your mother the best!

It's very clean and the staff is friendly.

It's very clean and the staff is friendly. I have not heard one complaint about food, I would say that is a five. I can't think of anything I would like to see done better, or improved. We are overall satisfied with Atria.

They have been great there, we are happy with them.

If I could just say one thing about them, they have been great there, we are happy with them.

A nice active community

I initially hadn't looked at this place because it was "assisted living", and I wanted something more active for my Dad. I wish I had looked at this place earlier, the residents seem much more active than the "independent living" location he is in now, where everyone has full time aides. This is a smaller community, and the building is a bit older, but overall the residents seem much more active and alert. Dad didn't like how congested it felt, but the staff here told me that it is set up that way to encourage people to socialize.

They only had two elevators.

They only had two elevators and the smallest elevators I've seen, and when I visited there was one broken and so there was only one. Some residents were more than happy to use the stairs so I guess it could be a positive at least they are getting their exercise.

Wonderful Staff and Care!

We're so pleased with Atria Great Neck. It's a wonderful place! It brought our relative back to where he was months ago. The care is wonderful. What I know is that he's being brought back to health. He's safe, he's fed well, his medication are being overseen and the people are wonderful.

Mom Had To Leave

Atria was fine except when my mother needed more assistance we were told that she had to leave. It was rather abrupt and not very caring. I would say the end of our experience with them was not as caring as when they were trying to get her in.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry for your experience as your mother went through the relocation process. Our community offers 6 levels of care up to 21 hours per week based on regular assessments. If a resident requires more care than we are able to provide, we work with the family as they consider their options. We are always disappointed when a resident has to leave us, but please know that we consider their safety of the utmost importance. If you would like to discuss this further, please call us at [removed] or email [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Since 1999, Atria Park of Great Neck has served the families of Nassau County. With a continuing commitment to quality, the community is undergoing an extensive renovation and expansion to enhance beauty and functionality. Once complete, residents will enjoy a host of exciting new spaces and amenities, including a redesigned restaurant and contemporary bistro, updated furnishings, fixtures and décor in all apartments and common areas, an expanded fitness center, an upgraded movie theater – and much more.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Atria Park of Great Neck recently added a new Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood. Features include a welcoming, vibrant environment with a dining room, an intimate, structured setting where specially trained can provide personalized care and attention, and thoughtfully designed apartments with modern features.

Along with supportive living and memory care services, Atria Park of Great Neck offers enhanced supportive services provided by a licensed nurse on-site 24/7 or additionally trained staff. These services include oxygen administration, diabetes management (insulin storage, reminders and injections), assistance with CPAPs and other medical equipment and more.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With a calendar full of events, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From guest lectures and yoga classes to the gardening club and happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.