The Arbors at Westbury - Jericho, NY

• Computer Lab

Arbors westbury

Yesterday I toured westbury with my family. I was so impressed with this community. It was so warm and welcoming! We met with [name removed] she was so kind to our needs and answered all our questions She made us wanna move in lol. The time spent with us was so appreciated. As we walked around we spoke to residents all had such wonderful things to say. My family and I are so excited we found a home for our grandparents

This was by far the right choice for my Mom

My mom is currently living at the arbors. This has been a great experience from day one when I walked in to tour the facility. The Director [Removed] is genuinely kind, understanding and helpful. She and her team have been Angels to me and my Mom. I am truthful in saying I don't know what I would have done without her help. I am an only child and have sole responsibility for my mother who has been sick for months. The short term rehab days were used up and I had no where to turn. [Removed] took control and made this a life changing experience. My mom is there now. She is finally happy and so am I. The care has not changed from intake to today several months later. The staff have treated her better than family.

Disappointing Experience

I was not impressed with our experience in this community. I feel there is much room for improvements around this community. The staff needs improvement, an many other areas. I was disappointed with our experience in this community.

Helpful staff

The staff at this community were very helpful with determining which community would work best for my loved one. This community did not seem to offer the amount of staffing needed to care for my loved one. This was a nice community and I would recommend taking a look at it.

Excellent Tour

I had an excellent tour of this facility. Everything went very well, and everyone was kind. The community looked nice, and the staff was friendly to my family, and I. I did find another community that met our needs better, but our tour of this facility went well.

A Tour and My Thoughts

They were professional and they gave a tour that was great. I wanted a new community and a location that is very close to me. They were not newer or closer.

We toured this community and the staff were nice and were able to answer the questions that we had. We liked everything from the meals to the activities. My mom wanted a community that allowed indoor smoking. This community is close to the beach area for her to enjoy. We would recommend that families tour this community for the nice options for loved ones care.

This is the right choice

Extremely knowledgeable and professional staff, from the bottom of the spectrum to the top. They all make you feel at home. The most amazing thing, is how happy the existing residents seem.

Helpful Staff!!

The staff at this community where excellent, they made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed tour of there facility and gave us lots of great information. It was one of our favorite tours that we had taken. The floor plan is open with lots of great amenities for all of the residents. The location was just a little for my family and I to drive everyday.

Going well so far

There was a couple of things that weren't explained in the beginning. We were paying for a room for a month while they sorted out papers from the doctors and my father hadn't moved in yet. Other than that things are good. He goes to cards and BINGO and enjoys himself.

Tour for care

I toured this community for care for my father. I liked the dining room and the chef was nice. They offered activities for the residents. I would recommend this community and I know that if other families toured this community they would be happy with the care and value offered for a loved one.

The staff was extremely informative and friendly. The seniors seemed very happy and content and the staff was aware of descretion and not being intrusive in viewing the site. I also received information that was very helpful in caring for my mom

Not as clean, 'new' as the others, off busy Jericho Turnpike, was least expensive.

you really have to speak up and advocate for yourself,

It's clean and the people are friendly. They are receptive if you bring things up, and try to fix the problems. It's an older building and the roof leaks, They have tried to fix it but it still leaks. It's difficult to get what you want in the dining room, you really have to speak up and advocate for yourself, and the workers in the kitchen have a bad attitude. We chose it because it was less expensive than others and had an all inclusive charge. Make sure your loved one can speak up and advocate for themselves, before choosing this place.

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one. I liked that they have a dedicated person for helping residents apply for government benefits.

It's a very good value.

It's a very good value. My mother really likes the food. The food is really good there. The location is good. The parking is okay. They seem to have a lot of parking. The cleanliness, friendliness, and value is excellent. The only thing I would say they need improvement on is the care services. Other than that, it has been a pretty good experience. I would recommend The Arbors at Westbury to anyone.

So far they have been wonderful.

So far they have been wonderful. From the minute he got in there, they have been nothing but accommodating. Totally wonderful. There have been no complaints about food either. I liked that the price was all inclusive, there were no hidden costs.

very nice place

The Arbors at Westbury is a very nice place. Very clean and well kept.

They could improve by having their staff educated as to what the rules and regulations are, as one of their staff members completely misinformed me on what to expect which created a few issues.

Other than that everything has been great. Everyone there is very friendly and helpful.

Pretty good experience. They just need to add more activities.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the activities. My mother in law is bored there. She would like to be more active. They only take the residents out to Walmart or Duncan Donuts. It would be nice if they added more activities. Overall it has been a pretty good experience at The Arbors at Westbury. It's a nice place. The facility is very clean and the staff is nice.

Dad is very happy!

We tried the Arbors at Westbury for 2 weeks at first as a trial run for my dad. After the 2 weeks, we picked him up and by that evening, he wanted to go back. We made the arrangements and a week later, dad was happy as can be to be back at The Arbors. He made lots of friends, is participating in activities, loves the food, and adapted very well.

Very nice facility

The first thing I noticed at The Arbors was that there was no "nursing home" smell. Employees are all very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a nice size with new carpeting and furniture. Dining room is bright and sunny.

Great experience for my dad.

We originally took my dad on a respite basis for two weeks. At the end of the 2 weeks, we picked him up. By the end of the evening, he wanted to go back to live there on a permanent basis. He loved it there! He made great friends and he missed them. He enjoyed the activities there. We moved him in a week later and is having a great experience and is happy.

I visited several assisted living facilities in different locations (not all were The Arbors), but found this location to be the best fit for my dad. We also like the all inclusive pricing and the ratio of men to women was much greater at this location than others. Also a greater population of italian speaking people. We made the right choice for him.

Mixed experience

It's been somewhat of a mixed experience so far. It's a nice enough looking place, and the staff seem friendly, but my loved one has had a few complaints. She says they're very strict about meal times, and that if she arrives even a few minutes early they make her get up and leave the dining room until they are ready. She also has had a problem with ants in her room, which it has taken them a while to resolve.

Nice place, overall!

Overall things have gone well with The Arbors at Westbury. The staff are all very friendly, and very responsive to requests and communication. They also handled all of the initial paperwork well, and the whole move-in process was very smooth. The facility itself is well kept, clean, and nice looking.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at The Arbors of Westbury, it's a a really good place! The staff are all very friendly, and they really put a lot of effort into individualizing the services for each resident. In Mom's case she has trouble walking so they were sure to find a room for her that was located close to the dining room and common areas. The whole place just has a really upbeat environment, and a good atmosphere.

Fantastic place!

They're doing a great job at The Arbors at Westbury! It's an attractive, well maintained facility, with a very pleasant atmosphere. The staff have all been very friendly and professional, and I feel like they take very good care of all the residents. They're very attentive and all of my Mom's needs are being quickly and efficiently. The woman who helped us out during the touring process, Monica Wiedeman, was particularly helpful! I toured quite a few facilities and she was by far the most approachable, informative, and helpful person I worked with.
One thing that that really made The Arbors stand out to me is their all-inclusive pricing for care, you don't need to worry about your bill skyrocketing as care needs increase. It's a big relief knowing that my Mom is somewhere where I know she will be safe, well taken care of, and happy!

HORRIBLE CARE !!!

AWFUL ! We pay top dollar and they don't even make sure my loved one is clean. Poorly run facility , to say they are incompetent is TOO kind !
No one takes responsibility for anything . The administrator should be FIRED!
We're moving our Dad, we've had enough !

Highly recommend

Tomorrow will be one week since Mom moved in. So far everyone is very responsive to her needs. They were very accommodating to make sure her room had the shower set up to suit her needs. She thinks the food is very good!
From the beginning it was a joy working with the Arbors. Christopher W. was very thorough during our phone conversation in going over what services the Arbors provides to ensure that I knew if it would be a good fit BEFORE I went for a tour. During the tour Case Manager Judith A. went over all the details so there were no surprises. The monthly fees are very predictable AND VERY reasonable (much less than other places I toured). Mom's already set up with occupational therapy and physical therapy. So far so good :)

It's ok

It's ok, but when they had say that they will have him ready by a certain time, they don't. When I changed from one to the next room and we were cleaning out the closets and gathering his stuff, there were dirty diapers under the sink. Whenevery I bring up an issue to someone, I keep getting the answer that it's not their department. I thought they were shadowing him and this doesn't seem to be the case, at least as far as I can tell. The residents seem to complain that the food stinks, it sucks. There is a choice of two things. The chicken is very dry. One time their choice was sardines or macaroni and cheese. They had dogs come in, and bingo, and old movies at night, but when I went in at 7:30 one evening there was nothing going on but old movies. They do have outings sometimes. The staff is friendly, the ones who clean the room and the ones who doing the activites and the receptionists. The reason we did take this is because they didn't serve alcohol.

A lot of activities going on.

A lot of activities going on, my mother needed more care than they could provide but it was a very nice community. They had a lot going on.

On a busy street.

On a busy street. Catered to veterans, and there were more veterans there. It was a little on the smaller side.

The people were very caring

They were very regimented and they had to eat at a certain time and had to line up and have assigned seating, they didn't get second helpings. They would ring a bell at seven and people had to get up. It was a very nice place and they were well taken care of. The people were very caring.

Place seemed pleasant, well...

Place seemed pleasant, well run clean. Price was $4500 which is a little high for her Income

Not pleased

My mother passed away, but as far as the arbors is concerned, quite honestly she never made it there and they did nothing about the money we were charged, i'm not happy at all. She never amde it there because her condition had worsened and they re evaluated and said she was no longer a good candidate, which I completely understood but she never had any of the services they provided, no meals, nothing, I thought there should be some compensation made. I want it all behind me now, I said something to them initially but they just didn't care. We liked the place initially, we liked the people, but we had no real experience with them until they said she wasn't a good candidate.

Absolutely wonderful

Several days before my mother-in-law was going to move in she passed away, but they were wonderful to us. My mother-in-law would have signed up for a painting group and there was a singing group that she was interested in, there would have been a lot for her to do and she was excited about it. It's a great place, it's a great value, it was close to our home, it was just the right fit. It was sort of low key as well, more all inclusive than others (they also had veterans discounts). She went on a lenghty ttour of The Arbors and fell in love with it right away.

reasonably priced and avail...

reasonably priced and available.

It was a really nice place, but not t...

It was a really nice place, but not the perfect fit for my moms needs (can't assist with wheelchair and not sure mom can manage a wheelchair on her own)

simple, love it. very nice all the wa...

simple, love it. very nice all the way.

The Arbors Assisted Living community at Westbury creates a nurturing, supportive and active environment for active senior living. The Arbors adult communities are more than a retirement community or an apartment complex for active adults. The Arbors senior communities are a place where living life is encouraged. The Arbors Assisted Living offers a nurturing and caring adult living community where each day brings something new to explore.

The Arbors Westbury is centrally located in the middle of Nassau County, easily accessible from practically anywhere on Long Island, and within convenient proximity to New York City. Just a short distance from The Arbors Westbury is the renowned Roosevelt Field mall as well as some of the world’s finest shopping and dining centers along Old Country Road. In addition, only a few minutes away is the internationally famous North Fork Theatre at Westbury (formally Westbury Music Fair), New York’s premier indoor concert facility presenting more than 125 live music, comedy and family concert events annually.