Christian Fellowship House - Syosset, NY

• 24 hour care
  • Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • Equine Therapy

liked it. it would be perfect for my mom!!

Michelle Pugliese

Thank You! I hope we are able to accommodate your Mom.

excellent place

My mom was at Christian Fellowship for several months, When it came to the difficult decision to place her, this was my pick because it was the closest thing to feeling like home that I could find, If I couldn't keep her home, this was the next best thing. It IS a home. It felt like I had extended family looking after her. The grounds are amazing, the place is well maintained. They became family.The staff is so caring, the care is excellent and mom loved the food.
I would highly recommend.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you for the lovely review. We try to make all our residents feel loved and at home.

Property beautiful. A bit isolated. Average age of patients older. Wonderful staff. Residents attended to. Waiting list

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you for your review. We are about 2 miles from town, but being on a 10 acre estate we are like being in the country with beautiful landscape grounds. Please make sure you check in with us once and awhile if you are on the waiting list so we know you are still interested. Thanks again!

My Moms Quality of Life Improved

My mother's quality of life has improved tremendously. The home-like finally took her fear away. The furnishings, the setting, the staff, and the caring family that operates the facility changed our world. I visit happily daily and my mom's comfort makes me able to work and spend time with my family without fear or guilt. Absolutely recommend it to my best of friends.
As a former Senior Service provider I can confidently say this is a unique, reasonably priced, jewel on Long Island.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank You for your wonderful review! Your Mom's a sweetheart and we Love having her as part of our family!

My mom has lived in this family owned facility for over two years now and it has been a joy. She feels right at home their. The staff is wonderful and attends to all the needs of the residences each and every day and their professionalism goes without question. The grounds around the facility are beautiful and the horses are always out and roaming the area. Very picturesque environment and quiet. A wonderful place for any elder family member. I would recommend Christian Fellowship to anyone

Michelle Pugliese

We appreciate your beautiful review! Thank you for taking the time to let others know what you think about us.

Wonderful place.

My mom was suffering with dementia and Alzheimer's and I searching for a place that was reasonably priced and had the level of care she needed.
I had originally placed my mom in another facility because they did not have a vacancy at the time. My mom was in a factory setting and the care was sub par at best. She was in a lockdown unit and it had the feel of a jail.
When I was at wits end ,I received a call from [Removed] that a room had opened up. My mom and I immediately fell in love with Christian Fellowship House. A bed and breakfast feel with horses,dogs and a cat.
My main concern was for my mom's wellbeing and that she be treated with the dignity and respect she deserved.
C.F.H. Exceeded my expectations and then some. [Removed] and especially my moms buddy [Removed] treated her as if she was their own. The same could be said about the rest of the staff.
I actually enjoyed visiting my mom and I would always have a conversation with someone while I was there.
My mom's health took a turn for the worse and Sue helped me get my mom on hospice care at C.F.H. (Although I had to promise to be a Yankee fan for the rest of the year lol)
My mom passed on 10/1 . Although saddened, I know she is in a better place. I also feel good knowing she was treated with the utmost dignity and respect. Thank you guys. I love you all and promise to visit.

[Removed]

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you Frank for the beautiful words! We loved your Mom dearly! She was always so fun to be around. We know where you got your sense of humor from! I won't tell Sharon Sue that you went back to being a Mets fan! So glad that you come and visit once in a while. That's the downside of this business. We have so many people we get to know and then usually don't see them again.

I would recommend them 100%

Christian Fellowship House is a beautiful mansion located on a large piece of land. It's in a secluded area and there is about 45 residents. It's family owned and operated. There are dogs, cats, and horses that live on the property. It's such a pretty place, very homey and reminds you of a bed and breakfast. There's very nice people here and they are so accommodating. I'm sad that it didn't work out for my mother but I would recommend them to anybody.

Tour was Good One

Our of this community was a nice one. The community looked nice, and clean. The staff was friendly, nice. Our questions were answered. It was a good experience, and all went well. My father in law wanted to remain more upstate, but our tour was a good one.

Family Ran Community

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. This was one of my top picks for my mother in law and her needs. This community has a very caring atmosphere. It is a family owned, and also family ran community. Everyone from the cousins to the daughter helps take care of the community. This is a very nice community. I would have felt comfortable with my mother in law living here.

The Christian Fellowship rings true

The Christian Fellowship House is a place of healing and comfort for many including my mother. The owners and staff are attentive to the residents and routinely go the extra mile to help with life issues dressing, or movement or just to say a encouraging word with a sincere smile. The grounds of the campus are as beautiful as any north shore estate but the love and commitment to helping each resident is exceptional.
Pam, Michelle, Sue and staff make a daily difference by providing an environment of respect and dignity for all concerned while meeting personal needs in a way that says family; in a relaxed setting. I whole heartedly recommend you visit the Chistian Fellowship House and let your parent experence care in a Christ centered way. You will find the care second to none.

My entire family lives Christian fellowship

My mother felt at home almost immediately which given her history was a welcomed surprise. This is truly a home-like environment. It was much easier for everyone to visit and being able to sit in the sunroom of on the patio was comforting and peaceful. Her room which she quickly called her home was lovely, warm and welcoming. Just looking out the window gives you a sense of well-being. We all love it and the family of people that run the facility. The pets are nice too. The care is provided with kindness and gentleness. Wish we had moved her sooner.

Excellent Choice!

Our family is very grateful to the wonderful folks at Christian Fellowship for the tremendous care and attention given to our father. It is obvious that all are totally dedicated to making life as pleasant as possible for both the residents and their families. We were initially very impressed by the non-clinical atmosphere which presents like a country inn. Also, the relatively small size allows a personal touch compared to the mega-facilities. Highly recommended!

Warm, Homelike Surroundings and Attentive Care

If you and your loved-ones are horrified by the sterile, impersonal, hospital-like atmosphere of so many senior care facilities, then Christian Fellowship House (CFH for short) is the place you've been hoping to find.

The owners and staff are extremely warm, competent, and very caring for the residents. The facility has well under 100 residents so each one gets plenty of individual attention.

This building itself is a converted Long Island "Gold Coast" mansion set off in quiet woods. The atmosphere could not be more warm and inviting. The main day room is HUGE, with a big fireplace, comfortable seating everywhere, a large flat-screen TV and even an aquarium. Next door is an equally huge sun-porch and an outdoor slate patio, both overlooking beautiful, tranquil manicured lawns and horse stables. There is even a formal rose garden. The large dining room has murals from the original mansion!

The bedrooms are mostly doubles, and though small, are warm and homey.

We were fortunate enough to find this place for my father. My family is convinced that the warm, attentive care my Dad received at Christian Fellowship House extended his life by years.

Review of Christian Fellowship House - Syosset, NY

I visited this property on 2 13...theres just no way I can place my dad and brother here. There doesnt appear to be much social activity for my dad to participate in its a confusing home to make your way around and with my Dad and brothers size bathing and restroom use would be very difficult for them here.

A wonderful home for my Mom

My Mom (Fran) lived at Christian Fellowship House for the last ten months of her life. She passed away in hospice in August 2013. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for Pam, Sue and the whole staff. I could go to sleep at night knowing that my Mom was safe and well cared for.

very nice facility, limited dementia care, nice staff for a lucid senior, too many stairs can be confusing basically a mansion convert to elder care, not focused on making a profit is a plus, non English speaking senior can be a challenge

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you for the compliments. We actually have many residents that have dementia. Some are very mild and others more severe. We have staff that are trained to handle all situations and most of our activities are aimed for our residents with dementia. We are also the only home on Long Island to have an on-site equine therapy program which specializes in helping slow the progression of dementia. We do have stairs through out our facility but since we are a smaller home all of our residents get full assistance with everything (including being brought to their rooms so they never need to feel confused). Our home was actually built in the 1920's and was turned into an adult care facility so it adds charm, character, and a homey feel. We also have a few non English speaking residents at this time and have no problem caring for them and providing for all of their needs. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Very nice place

They do a great job overall at Christian Fellowship House. The facility is well kept and clean, and it has a nice homey atmosphere. The staff have all been very friendly and helpful, and they take great care of the people who live here.

Wonderful place!

We've had a great experience with Christian Fellowship House so far! The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the staff have been incredibly available and accommodating throughout the whole process. It's just a wonderful place overall, I would highly recommend it!

care with love and tenderness

My mom has been at Christian Fellowship House for about nine years. I can't thank the staff enough for the love and care my mom gets. My family and I looked at about four other places and Christian Fellowship is by far the best place . I thank all the staff for all they do for my mom

The staff could not be more helpful to our family member and to all of us whenever we are at the facility or in telephone conversations. We are delighted with the service and facility.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We always do our very best to make both the resident and the family as happy as we can. We try to always make ourselves available to family members by communicating at all times via cellphone or text.

A really great home loving and caring

All the staff at Christian fellowship is so caring. Our whole family feels that my mom is loved and safe. I really think that Christian Fellowship was a God sent for my mom and our family. We don't have to worry about her at all. I thank them so very much for all that they for my mom.

A Wonderful Home for Mom

It is a difficult and trying time when you are searching for the proper facility for a loved one. The moment I entered the Christian Fellowship House, I knew this was home for my mother-in-law. My husband could not have been more pleased, as well. Pam and her family (and Sue, too) are a very caring and supportive group. Questions and concerns are always addressed and medical care, if needed, is immediate. The residents enjoy wonderful, family-style menus. In the nice weather, they are able to sit outside overlooking magnificent grounds. I was struck with the warm, clean decor and how lovely each and every resident looked during my visits. Since Fellowship is now a Hospice center, when the end was near for Marian, it was a blessing that we were able to keep her in her loving and secure home. God bless and thank you to all.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you so much for the incredibly wonderful review. We are delighted that you and your family found our facility to be all that you needed for your mother-in-law. We are blessed to have been able to take care of her and keep her comfortable and content in her final days. We miss you all and hope that we can continue to stay in contact with each other.

A week ago I was desperate and thought I would never find alternative living options for my dear dad. Thanks to A Place for Mom they suggested the Christian Fellowship House. I contacted them and the manager Pam suggested my dad and I come tour the facility the next day. The next day Pam was dealing with her own family emergency but made sure here staff would be available for the tour. We met Denise,Dale and Susan and they were wonderful. My father immediately fell in love with everyone and couldn't wait to check-in. I was shocked that my dad wanted to stay that day. The following Monday my dad checked-in and everything has been great. The staff continues to be super supportive. The Christian Fellowship House in located in a gorgeous area of Long Island and the grounds are beautiful. The facility is very clean and all the residents look good and cared for well. I'm so relieved to have found such a wonderful place for my dad to live and be cared for.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We all love your dad he is such a sweet wonderful man. We will continue to give him the absolute best care we possibly can. We will also always make ourselves available to you and all family members via cellphone or any other way of communication preferred. Thank you so much for trusting us to care for your dad.

Best assisted living home on Long Island!

I did my due diligence when looking for a new home for my Aunt and scouted out a half dozen places. Christian Fellowship House was, by far, the best place! Everything about it was so impressive from the horse farm and grounds in the back to the well kept manner of the house. My Aunt used to live in an apartment in the middle of Hempstead and now it's like she lives at a country club. The staff there is so kind and courteous and I feel blessed to have found this place! And, contrary to what I've read on here there is NO foul smell, Every time I've visited her over the past couple of years this has never been an issue. In my opinion you need to check CFH in person so you can form your own opinion! For me, 5 stars!

A GREAT FIND

A PLACE FOR MOM was very helpful in finding the right setting for our mother for her condition at this stage in her life. Marie Rakoczy of A PLACE FOR MOM was extremely helpful in finding Christian Fellowship House which is a wonderful place for our mom. It only has 45 residents which provides for a great deal of attention for each one. The pleasant surroundings and staff make the residence feel at home with there new family and friends. Thanks A PLACE FOR MOM and Marie.

Home awAy from home

So helpful and understanding. Could no do enough for my Mom.
So grateful to the staff especially Sue.
It me awhile to find a place that my mother would feel at home, but i found it
Thanks to all..... Pam Hovarth your the greatest.

Michelle Pugliese

Mike, it is wonderful to be able to care for your mom. We are so lucky to have such wonderful residents and their families. We will continue to provide your mother with the absolute best care that we can.

family loves it

My mom has only been there 2 weeks, so I really cant give a fair review. I can say my family and I are very happy with Christen Fellowship so far. It is a warm and welcoming place, not at all like where she was for the past six years (Sunrise assisted living) The best part is my mom is not staying in her room all day. On a few occasions I have stopped by and all of their residents are on the main floor together no one is sleeping in their room, which was a problem I was having with my mom. I can say the place is very clean, not smelly at all and when you walk in you get a cozy feeling! Wish I would have found this place a few years ago would have made a big difference in my mom. this is a family run business and not a big corporation, which makes a BIG difference in care.

Michelle Pugliese

We loved having you become a part of our Christian Fellowship Family and we wish our time together was longer. Thank you for such a kind review even after only 2 weeks of getting to know us. It was our pleasure to care for your amazing mother.

Michelle Pugliese

Not what we were looking for

This community is more of a group home type setting, which may be good for people wanting that sort of socialization. It's not the sort of place we were looking for for Mom, I don't feel she would have enjoyed it or fit in very well. It was a bit less expensive than some of the options we looked at, but overall it did not feel very high quality, there was a lot of room for improvement.

Michelle Pugliese

We are very sorry that you did not have a great experience when you visited us. We are not like the other assisted livings on long island as we have been referred to as more of a bed and breakfast style of home. Our building was built in the 1920's and was originally designed as a single family gold coast mansion. The building is decorated with antiques and each room has alot of character. We strive to make every resident feel as though they are home instead of just in a home. We are also very reasonably priced for the amount of care and the quality of the care we give. We are a small home so every resident becomes a part of our family and not just a number. We also have delicious food that is all home cooked from scratch. We are constantly updating and improving the home as best we can. Again we are very sorry that you did not have a great first impression and we would love for you to come in again.

Grounds are among the nicest of any f...

Grounds are among the nicest of any facility. Very old mansion with character. Regular visits from St. Edwards. Has one elevator. No occupancy at this time. Questions regarding activity levels of residents. Very nice people running facility, lovely setting, beautiful grounds. May be an option for down the road if mom becomes more sedentary. Her current activity level may be more than that of other residents at the facility. Visits in the dark may be difficult for Linda due to "off road" environment/driveway and approach road.

Michelle Pugliese

Thank you for the compliments. We do have many activities for our residents although not everyone chooses to participate in all of them. Some of our residents are very active and even walk the grounds everyday and others are not as active. We even have a new equine therapy program at our facility. Our driveway may look intimidating but I assure you that it is always immaculately maintained no matter the weather conditions. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Gold Coast Mansion on 10 acres of rolling hills & country scenes of grazing horses. With 45 residents, we're small enough to give exceptional care in a "Bed & Breakfast " setting, at affordable prices. We are a Full Service facility. No hidden costs.