Stone Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care - Denison, TX

Needed closer location

I looked at Stonebrook Assisted Living online and it was a beautiful community. I have a very positive referral for Stonebrook from a friend who's mother is living there and he said it was a great place for his loved one. In the end, we chose a community that was located close to our family.

A Community on My List

I had toured with this community and I was looking for a 2 bedroom and a good assisted living. They did not have an availability at the time but they were friendly and accommodating. I pretty much had a good tour. I appreciate A Place For Mom help, I didn't know where to start.

Great activity room!

This is a great facility! The facility is clean and the people are good to my mother; she just loves it there! She enjoys the activity room that they have, as well as the activities they offer, like coloring. We are very glad with the choice we made in choosing this facility!

Drop in don't make an appointment. They stage when they know you are coming

Called and made an appointment with the RN. She game me a time. I arrived and was asked to wait a couple of minutes as she was busy. She showed up 20 minutes later saying she was tied up on her phone
She asked me to excuse her for a few minutes came back with another woman and gave me a rushed brief tour stating it was lunch time now and they were a little shorthanded. I told her i would come back another time. I figured all have rough days but in general things looked ok. Seems clean but a littled dated high smell of disinfectant in memory care was mainly interested in memory care for my mom and dad. I went back a week later this time with no appointment. This time the place was quiet.. no one was upfront to greet me. Someone from the kitchen lead me to the MC side. told me the RN was back there. What shocked me was the state of the residents that were there. Their hair was not washed or combed..stained clothing.some still had food on them and this was about 3pm. All the residents was sitting in the one room sleeping or roaming around i saw one attended but heard others huddled together with the nurse talking about their weekend plans and were very loud with the RN in the middle of it all like a high school kid being loud. Needless to say i headed for the door and actually had to wait a while for someone to notice me to let me out..count me out

Nice Community, My Tour was Good

I had a pretty pleasant tour of this community. The community looked nice and well maintained. Everything was very well-kept. The staff was very friendly and kind. They have nice activities offered for the residents. There were many factors that played into where to move my husband too. One of those factors were budget, and this community was a bit expensive.

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Stone Brook Assisted Living has been a positive one, so far. The staff is friendly, caring, and very communicative. I appreciate how diligent they are when it comes to staying in touch with me and keeping me updated on how my loved one is doing. It's just a very nice place, overall!

Review of Stone Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care - Denison, TX

Mom has been there 2 months and the care she is receiving is beyond outstanding. Friendly caring and highly professional staff.

Friendly, communicative staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Stone Brook, I can't say enough good things about them! The staff is friendly, professional, and caring. They're very observant and so far they've done a great job keeping me up to date on her behavior and health, and there haven't been any issues with medication management. I also appreciate how they try hard to keep the residents involved in the activities, and making sure everyone is eating regularly. I'd highly recommend them!

has a private room

Stone Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care is going well overall. I like that he has a private room. He doesn't have to eat with anyone if he doesn't have to.

Liked their payment fee, and surroundings very nice. The nurse and intake person I spoke with friendly, spoke about how always full, etc. But in walking the halls, few people about, residents and staff.

Wonderful place, and very friendly staff!

I could not be happier with how things have gone with Stone Brook Assisted Living! We were in somewhat of a desperate situation time-wise, and out of the many places we contacted Stone Brook was the only one that got back to me immediately. When they found out our situation they did everything they could to speed the process along and help us out!
The employees here are all wonderful as well! When I did my initial tour everyone came up and introduced themselves and what they do. And I have to mention their RN specifically, she has been unbelievably awesome! She goes way beyond the call of duty with everything that she does! She personally keeps me up to date on how my Mom is doing, and also lets me know about events they are having at the community that I might like to join them for. Before we even fully decided to move in she drove over on her own time to introduce herself and visit with Mom. She is incredibly friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, and just knowing she is looking after Mom really makes me feel at ease!

They have special things that are great but their daily activities could be a little better. Overall they do a really great job. The staff, the R.N. and the director were very caring and went above and beyond. They have been really accommodating. They are very approachable you can call them on their cell phone anytime night or day and they will get right back to you.

Stone Brook Assisted Living is nestled in the beautiful Denison, Texas, conveniently located near many of the major medical centers in town. Our welcoming, home like atmosphere and friendly staff are beyond compare. You can live the pampered lifestyle of being served home- style meals in our comfortable dining room while enjoying the company of friends. You will have the privacy and independence of your own spacious studio or two- bedroom apartment with the security of knowing our staff is always there to help you if you need it. All apartments are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, handicap accessible showers, and an emergency call system. You will have the luxury of having our bus take you to doctor appointments and shopping – or perhaps you will join us for a scenic drive on a Wednesday afternoon. You may choose to entertain friends and family in front of the fireplace in our beautiful living room or well-appointed library. Our activities and events are sure to please you.

For residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related needs, Stone Brook is proud to feature accommodations in our secure, certified Memory Care Unit, providing individualized attention and care by 24 hour staff specifically trained for these type of needs. The residents have the freedom to walk around and admire the decorations, join others in activities, or we will set up their own area to do whatever they enjoy. We offer social and recreational activities 7 days a week to keep mind and body as active as possible. They will have the pleasure of their own semi-private or private apartment and be encouraged to be as independent as possible and maintain their dignity. We become part of their family and provide the emotional support they and their family members need through the progression of the disease.

Stone Brook really is a fun place to live. We truly are family and welcome you to join us.