Wheeler Place - Gainesville, TX

Wheeler Place - Gainesville, TX has yet not published prices.

I go to several nursing homes/assisted living facilities and Wheeler is the most friendly and welcoming.

Frequent Volunteer

Wheeler Place is a phenomenal community that truly believes in its core values. They treat their residents like family and its clear that the staff genuinely loves what they do! Volunteers of all ages are always welcomed and the residents always enjoy seeing and visiting with new (and old) faces.

YES on Wheeler!

Wheeler House takes such very good care of their residents. I'm a visitor and have been coming in and out of Wheeler for about 7 years. Even though there have been changes over the years, it's never been better than it is now. The food is so good! They have well balanced meals and the cook knows everybody in the house and tries, and it's not easy, to please everyone. Many of the staff have been there a long time and you can tell they love the people there. Oh, and the activities. The activity director keeps everyone busy and she's so sweet. The facility is so homey and wonderful.

No place like home!

I could not be more pleased with the care my father has received at Wheeler Place! We’ve been a part of the Wheeler family for about 9 months now. The love and care has been more than I could have ever expected for my Dad. No one ever wants their parent to have to live away from home but I couldn’t feel more at peace, knowing my Dad is taken care of 24 hours a day. He loves it here and they love him so much. He’s been at different levels of care while living here. Sometimes he has needed a lot of assistance and they do whatever has been needed. Sometimes he needs very little and they still want to help him as much as they can on a daily basis. You won’t find another Assisted Living where the staff loves their residents as if they were their OWN family. There is always an activity to do while at Wheeler. They try to keep them busy! It’s small and cozy, that’s why!! That way they are able to be more involved with every resident. Come take a tour.....you won’t be disappointed!

Very satisfied

We visit fairly often. It's always clean. They decorate for holidays, have activities and try to provide as safe an environment as possible without taking away personal liberties of the residents. Most of all, the staff goes above and beyond in being kind to the residents and visitors. We recommend the Wheeler Place.

Good so far

My father moved here recently and things are going very well so far. We like the care and he is participating in activities. Sometimes he likes the meals and sometimes he doesn't but he is a fussy eater. The communication could improve between my father and the director. Which isn't necessarily the directors fault because my father can be difficult to communicate with. We chose Wheeler Place because it is close to my sister and that was important to my father.

pleased all around

I am really pleased all around with Wheeler Place. There is nothing at this facility that I would say needs improving. It has been a good experience.

exceptional care

All of the staff at Wheeler Place are being very kind and patient with my mom who is being very difficult. The nurses and staff are giving her exceptional care. They have gone above and beyond to help mom get well from having a UTI. I am very pleased with this facility.

Wheeler Place is an assisted living community located in Gainesville Texas. We are located on the east edge of town just three blocks from Edison Park. We offer thoughtful individualized care in a warm, cozy environment. Our knowledgeable staff includes a Registered Nurse and a dietician. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to provide personal attention to each resident. We can meet a variety of needs including diabetes management, medication assistance, help with grooming, walking and other daily activities. We can accommodate respite and other short stays, home visit programs, urgent placement and we have space for onsite therapy. In case of emergency we are only four miles from the North Texas Medical Center.
We invite you to join us to make new friends, pursue old interests and learn new hobbies; our activities include:
•Yoga
•Tai Chi
•Bingo
•Card and board games
•Musical and dance entertainment
•Painting and other crafts
•Gardening in our two outdoor courtyards
•Scheduled group outings to community activities and events such as the nearby Frank Buck Zoo, the Morten Museum as well as the weekly Farmer’s market.
Our home includes studio and one bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and microwaves. The apartments have ample closet and storage space as well as individually controlled heating and air conditioning. For your safety apartments are equipped with emergency call systems, sprinkler systems and safety bars in the bathroom. Community living areas including a private dining room for entertaining, sunny lounges perfect for long chats with friends, a library, a hair salon and a computer area. All public and private spaces are wheelchair and walker friendly.