The Ivy of McKinney - McKinney, TX

Wonderful staff

We recently moved our mom into The Ivy of McKinney and could not be happier. The staff is wonderful-very caring and professional. The apartments are very comfortable and accommodating. Everyone we have dealt with has been very friendly and helpful. Our mom loves it and she is a hard sell! We now have peace of mind!

Great community for older adults.

I always have a great experience at The Ivy. The environment has a fantastic vibe. The staff is amazing. They keep the residents busy with many brain stimulating activities. [Removed] are the queens of customer service.

Tour Felt Rushed

I toured here, and while the people were nice enough, the tour felt rushed. I also felt that the foyer was dark, with many of the residents gathered, but not really doing anything. It just didn't seem as lively or as bright here as I would like, so I decided it would not be the best fit.

Toured

Came to tour this facility on the weekend and when i first walked in the activity director was doing an activity in the lobby and it looked like everyone was having fun, especially her. I immediately felt at ease and I hated to interrupt the activity but she was just finishing up and seemed excited to tour us and made us feel welcome. Place is a little older than some I've seen but had a feel like home not like a lot of the others that feel like hotels, nice common areas and nice grounds. Rooms are nice and have washers & dryers. I was looking for my mom who really isn't ready to move, but if she was, this place would be on my list. Just felt comfortable and inviting.

My Home

This is home to me. A loving place to be. I believe most people know my name and I know most everyone's name, residents and staff. There is plenty to do and enjoy here, good food and entertainment. A place where you are cared about and you know it.

Lovely Tour Of This Community

I toured this community for my love one, and her needs. At the time we were looking into hospice care for her, and her needs. My tour went well, and this is a nice community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community was nice, and clean. The staff was polite, and helpful. Our questions were answered, and the experience went well overall.

Good Time During My Tour Of This Community

I enjoyed my tour of this community. I had a good time. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. The community looked good, from what we saw everything was well-kept. The staff we met was very friendly, and answered our questions. They offered us a lovely meals. Everything went well, and my tour was a pleasant one.

studio,[email protected] cheapest nice folks,sounds like they have great activities,alittle older facility and right off the lady who was great explained they are going through a mgmt change,and then one of the activity ladies was telling a story one of the vans had been wrecked,

Great Care for dad!

I like this community for my father. The staff is outstanding and very helpful in every way. We like the food is appealing. and he happy with meals. They do not participate in the activities, but they are offered to those who want to join in. We like the cleanliness and atmosphere. We would recommend the care and the value.

Not punctual!

We went to go on the tour that we scheduled and the person that we got was someone that did not know anything about the community. They were very unprofessional and that did not impress me. Also they had two floors and the community was very big. it just did not work out for my friend.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback!
Our activity calendar at the Ivy of Mckinney is built on the premise of being able to provide opportunities for both social and independent engagement for our residents, ample time to engage with others, but also being able to pursue independent hobbies and interests. At various times throughout the day, we may have large group events with live music, small group activities like discussions, cooking clubs or dance classes, time built in to the schedule for room visits with residents who prefer the setting of their own room for activity engagement and opportunities for residents to enjoy down time before meals and between activities. Each day is different at the Ivy of Mckinney and we strive to provide a balance between the needs of the group and the needs of the individual. You can be assured that at any time of day, our residents have the support and opportunities they need to maintain an active and fulfilling leisure lifestyle. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our director team at our community phone line.

The Ivy of McKinney gets my recommendation!!

I do not interact with the staff much, however I do feel comfortable going to them if I need any assistance with anything. The food is good and they do have some different choices available. The community is clean and well taken care of. They offer daily activities and trips out.

Great care

I am happy with the care that my mom is receiving here. The staff is very caring and patient. The community if clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this for great care for loves ones.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff that i met along my tour were nice. I thought The Ivy of Mckinney was a clean place. I would recommend a tour of this place to friends and family. The community was up-kept and very organized. The guide gave me all of the necessary information about the community like meal plans and activities offered.

Great tour!

Orchard Park of McKinney Assisted Living is a great community. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and caring. They understood our needs and addressed all of our concerns. The community is nicely kept throughout.It was very tidy throughout. The community just was not the right fit for mom.

Mom is doing well at Orchard Park!!

They had a change in directors when we moved in and the new director is nice. The entire staff are involved with the residents. I would say overall the food is good. This community is quiet and peaceful. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

I Dropped By This Community

My tour of the community went well. I was able to get a lot of informative feedback about what is offered. I noticed there are many resident living in this facility. They were very accommodating with allowing me to visit them the day I called. After visiting I felt this was not a right fit for my dad.

Not Very Well Organized

Our experience with this community was not a good one. My grandfather time here could had been better the whole process of this process could be a lot better. It is not very well organized and they are really short staffed. The staff they do have there is good and really helpful but they do need more caregivers. The quality of care there isn't the best and could use improving. I would not recommend this place they need to become more organized and hire more staff to help with everything.

SLC Midwest

At Orchard Park and Senior Lifestyle Corporation, we always strive to provide the best service to our residents and guests. And unfortunately on this occasion, we did not exceed your basic expectation and simple ask of us.

I completely understand the importance of structure and organization ,as well as ensuring sufficient staffing in all departments to meet our resident’s needs.

I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that your experience with Orchard Park was not a positive one. Currently, we are implementing new processes to assist in the organization of our community as a whole. Furthermore, we are dedicated to employing team members that we are caring, honest, and will deliver the highest quality care.

I would love the opportunity to discuss and address your concerns in more detail. Please feel free to stop by or contact me directly at [removed] or [removed]. Sincrely, Vanessa Lambert, Executive Director of Orchard Park.

Friendly environment

My mother has been in this facility for three weeks and has enjoyed it immensely . Three square meals a day and the food is good. I have eaten there twice. She is a social person and has enjoyed making new friends.The facility is in a well-kept part of town and Easily accessible from the 75Highway. Flexibility regarding the level of care is excellent.

Helpful staff

Things are going fine. Everyone has been very helpful. We go to visit my Dad regularly. We are also getting attached to the other residents here. The facility is really clean and they are doing a great job.

Very Pleased

We really appreciate their friendliness and their ability to get my loved one involved in social activities and the care they are taking of her. The staff at Orchard Park are more like a family than caretakers. We are very blessed and excited to have found this awesome facility!

My mother loves it there. Everybody is real nice and real friendly and the activities director is amazing. I am very pleased with it.

Ashley gave us a tour yesterday and was very kind and informative. She followed up with me later that day and the facility was very nice.

Everybody is very friendly..

I am having issues with her room being cleaned and the trash being emptied daily. That's important. They should also give my loved one a bath more than once a week and change the sheets a little bit more often. Everybody is very friendly. Overall, it was a pretty good experience. I would recommend it. I think they just need to be on top of things to make sure your family is taken care of the way they should be.

SLC Texas

Review Posted:

Thank you for all the kind words about Orchard Park of McKinney. We pride ourselves on caring and friendly staff. I am pleased to know that your overall experience here is a good experience! Thank you for recommending us! I would love to sit down with you here at Orchard Park of McKinney and work through the concerns for your loved one that were not to your satisfaction.

Respectfully,

Shaun Hanna
Executive Director, [removed]

My mother is very happy, and she loves the place.

The food is wonderful, it's not institutional food like the last place. The communication hasn't been good, it doesn't seem like the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. It seems like when we make a request, and the director says it will be done, and then it isn't always that way. My mother is very happy though, and she loves the place.

SLC Texas

Thank you for your kind feedback! We are excited to hear how much your mom loves the place and how happy she is at her home here at Orchard Park McKinney! We are also pleased to hear your satisfaction with our dining program and that our food is wonderful! We strive for customer excellence and I encourage you to visit with me at the community to discuss the requests that you had. I am very proactive and would love to meet your expectations here at Orchard Park McKinney.

- Shaun Hanna
Executive Director

Orchard Park of McKinney did a great job.

Orchard Park of McKinney did a great job. They were very proactive. The staff was great. In the time we were there, we didn't really have any complaints.

Already been there...they w...

Already been there...they will not accept my sister because she is a fall risk and needs a Level B Facility

Lovely place

We would rate this community very high! They have a friendly staff. The community is very clean, very friendly. There is plenty of parking. We came between meals, so they were just setting out the lunch settings, but it looked nice. We went with another community because of location, but this one seemed very nice.

Nice place, Director needs more focus on family needs

The facility and faculty are very nice and professional. My mother has adjusted well and has had no complaints. She is always anxious to get back on days when I take her for outings. My only compliant is the difficulty is getting a response from the Director Linda Craum. After 3 messages left on her cell phone and one with the receptionist, I have yet to get a call back after over a week.

Mixed Review... C+

The memory care is not as well kept as the assisted living side. The activities are an insult to their intelligence. I am finding that I have to go and get her and provide her enrichment, some of the residents are so bored that they want to come with us when I take my her out. The highlight is that she has social interaction with the other residents. In memory care everything is on a set schedule, she feels she has been downgraded. When they go to memory care they just lose so many ammenities, wi-fi, all day coffee and cookies, those things. Lightbulbs need to be replaced, there is nothing that tells you when things happen, who the staff are, when mealtimes bathtimes, or medication times happen. The staff is lovely the residents are lovely. They are understaffed. I feel like I am part of the family. The communication among the staff is lacking sometimes. I would reccommend this complex to others just because of the staff and how genuinely nice they are, things aren't perfect everything is so individual. It's a mixed review, there are definitely things that need to be improved but they care and are genuinely nice. I give them a C+.

Looked very nice, overall

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. It looked like a nice place, it was clean and well kept, and the staff and residents all looked friendly and happy. This was definitely an option we were considering, although we ended up choosing one more conveniently located for us.

It had that nursing home smell...

It had that nursing home smell, and they only had one set of elevators for the whole facility. The dining facility was small and didn't have many employees working in it, and it was not decorated nicely. You order your food and the waitstaff comes to you, the place we chose does more of a buffet style.

My Father-in-Law Liked It

My father-in-law was there. He liked it quite a bit. It's very nice. They only thing I think they could improve is their food. It's really repetitive and cafeteria-like. It's just not the greatest. I think more options would be nice.

They have options and that’s a good thing.

My mother is in this community. The staff is very friendly and helpful; they pay attention to the people. The apartments/room are nice looking and clean. Laundry is done in room with a stackable washer and dryer so we don’t have to worry about mom losing things. The grounds are beautiful with rocking chairs on the front porch, with pretty plants blooming all around. The patio also has chairs with umbrellas. Also church services are available. Mom likes the food, they have many options and you can order breakfast for any meal of the day. Fruit and salad options are always available. They have options and that’s a good thing. Mom is visually impaired and it would be nice to have more activities for people who are less vision dependant. The pricing is reasonable.

would prefer to have fridge and micro...

would prefer to have fridge and microwave not full kitchen and laundry service but do like in home weekly dr visits.. that is great..

Drove by facility and it is beautiful...

Drove by facility and it is beautiful from outside. Very large, new facility. I've been told that these sorts of facilities charge for every little thing...each time patient gets up and goes to bathroom, etc. This charge is added onto the general monthly bill. This would be something to figure out if determined interested.

New Property, opening Memory Care, February 2011 and Senior Independent Living and Assisted Living April 2011. Completely new concept with full kitchens and washers and dryers in the apartments. Plus a full-service restaurant where you order from a menu and it is prepared by a Chef!! You will have weekly housekeeping and laundry service included also! We have a very active activity program designed for all levels.

When time comes for any care needs, small or large, we have staff available in the building to assisted you with this.

We also offer a separate Memory Care Community offering the "Loving Connections" program and a Nurse on staff.

Taking Deposits NOW! Ask about our incentatives!!