Grayson Place - Denison, TX

Grayson Place - Denison, TX has yet not published prices.

Totally Changed Mom's Life for the Better!

When my mother lived alone she was having major confusion and problems taking her medications. What I like here is that it's a small community and was very easy for her to feel at home and get to know everyone personally.
I know that you can't pay someone to love your mom, but I feel like she is genuinely loved and cared for here. Her meds are back on track and she has done a complete 180. She was meant to be here.

Very clean facility

I toured here with my Mom when trying to find a place for her to live. The biggest thing for us was that the assistant took us on the tour, so there wasn’t that one on one interaction with the director that we would’ve liked. There wasn’t much discussion on what activities they’d be able to provide. However, it was clean and smelled good and it seemed like everyone there was pretty happy.

They need to update

While looking at various options for my loved one, this facility needed a little more updating to me. When we went to tour the area they even mentioned that they will do some updating. The place didn’t necessarily have the same kind of feeling of “home” like the other communities that we went to tour.

Touring the Options

I had toured with this community and I was looking for a 2 bedroom and a good assisted living. They did not have an availability at the time but they were friendly and accommodating. I pretty much had a good tour. I appreciate A Place For Mom help, I didn't know where to start.

Not impressed

It seems as though this community is a little understaffed. They have gone through a lot of personnel changes. They seem unorganized and it has not been a good experience for my loved one or the family. They have not been able to accommodate my loved one's dietary needs. They do offer some activities and the place is very clean.

This community is smaller and the residents seemed happy. It was clean and had there are many activities posted. There are two floor plans and I think my dad would be happy here.

a place for my Dad

I like Grayson Place, overall. Am having some issues with staff acting like we (family members) are bothering them when we ask for certain things. We have also had issues getting my Dad's menu correct because of swallowing problems. The Director is really nice, but seems overwhelmed.

A great place!!

This community is secure as you need a code to enter and leave the building. The staff are friendly, accommodating and understanding. The management are very good. They offer daily activities. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is open to family members to come in and eat with the resident at no charge. I would recommend this community.

I Have My Concerns

I do have my concerns about this community, but it is still a work in progress for us here. He is doing a lot better. He isn't very happy with the food. He says they do feed the residents enough. Also I don't think they check up on the residents as much as they should. So far nothing bad has happen, but I'am still very concerned. Overall we are still working out some things with this community.

A place like home.

Grayson Place is truly a answer to prayer. They have provided a safe and secure home for mom. She loves it!

There's pros and cons everywhere. It's a very nice community. The director is very, very nice. There are some dated stuff there. The website says they have a spa, which they do, but it hasn't been maintained, and so it's not usable. They're working on it, though. I think the staff needs a little extra training, on my opinion, but all-in-all, I like it. The director is very consciences, and is working to correct anything that needs to be corrected.

no complaints

My mom is here we has been here for about a month now, she doesn't complain about anything and I don't feel that she has been her long enough for me to complain. The staff was very informative on the beginning about my mom's daily routine but, I haven't seen a lot of it happening.

Very nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Grayson Place has been a very good one! It's a nice looking place, and the people seem friendly. My loved one needs some extra care and I've been very satisfied with what they've been providing. She needs help getting to and from meals, and has a few extra medications to worry about, and the high tier of care they provide has been sufficient for this. I also think they do a very good job with the food!

Smaller group of residents. All staff has been very friendly. Nice atmosphere

Grayson Place is your last stop!

Moved my Mother who is blind to Grayson Place Saturday, Sept. 5th. My only wish is that she could see how beautiful her new room is and how great the staff has been accommodating every request we have asked for to adjust her room for her safety and for her to be able to adjust easier to her new surroundings. The food has been delicious in fact Mother is afraid she is going to gain weight from the variety of homemade ice cream to all the great meals she eats. The staff has gone overboard to catering to Mother to make her transition easier even to sit her at a table where the ladies are chatty so Mother makes new friends easier. I feel more comfortable every day with the staff in knowing they are doing a great job and taking good care of Mother!

awesome staff, super friendly & helpful

I was a little bit apprehensive at first, not really sure what to expect, and they seemed a little over the top nice and it made me a bit leery at first. I have since come to realize that it was very genuine and everything about it has been a really good experience. Everything about it is just top notch. The facility is nice, the activities are great, but the best thing of all about the place is the staff.

Grayson Place is located on the outskirts of Denison, Texas, close enough to downtown for outings and shopping but far enough away to enjoy the peace and quiet. We have won the Outstanding Quality, Deficiency Free Survey and Safe Residence awards two years running. Ask us about VA benefits and options!

Our luxury apartments are specifically designed with your comfort and well-being in mind. Our studio and one bedroom apartments offer kitchenettes with refrigerator, microwave and oak cabinets. Closet and storage space is plentiful and heating/air-conditioning is individually controlled.

Of course our number one mission is caring for our resident’s health, both physical and emotional. We have staff members available at all times, including a Registered Nurse. We are equipped to assist with medication and personal needs such as showering, dressing and walking. On-site rehab is offered through our agency partners. In case of emergency Texoma Medical Center is only three miles away.

Grayson Place offers a range of invigorating amenities designed to ensure your comfort and enjoyment:
•Activity and crafts room
•Private dining room for entertaining
•Library
•Outdoor gardening opportunities
•Beauty and barber shop services
•Guest accommodations
•Tai chi classes
•Transportation provided for outings to local shops and parks
•Afternoon cookie social

We encourage socialization during our wonderful meals in our restaurant style dining room. Our chefs fill the house with the tantalizing aromas of favorites such as chicken gumbo, southern pecan pie and lemon pepper chicken.