Pecan Point - Sherman, TX

Distance / Has a lot of special needs...housekeeping, shopping provided, laundry, memory care

Very interesting

While looking at numerous places for my loved one, this one was very interesting. The facility itself is beautiful and little pricey. The lady that was assisting us was very helpful and very frank. While speaking with her about the certain needs that my loved one needed she assessed the level that my loved one was in. She would say something like “other places would tell you that she is a level 1 but I’m telling you that she is a level 3”. Just seemed very straight forward.

Really Pleased

We are really pleased with how our loved one is settling in at Pecan Point. It is a clean and well-kept community. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. It is very homey. They are very welcoming to our family members when we come to visit. The staff is friendly and attentive to my mom's care needs. The staff is easy to communicate any questions or concerns regarding my mom's needs. They make sure the residents get out of their rooms and not just sit in them all day. They encourage them to participate in the activities that are provided. She doesn't think the food is good, but I have had desserts there with her, and I've seen the food and it looks good to me. There is a nice courtyard that is secure where she can get out and enjoy the fresh air. My husband and I are very pleased with the care they are providing our loved one.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she recently made the move into this community. The staff are very kind and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities with the other residents from time to time. The property is always well maintained and kept very clean. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

More For Independent Residents

I had toured with this community and I was looking for a 2 bedroom and a good assisted living. They did not have an availability at the time but they were friendly and accommodating. I pretty much had a good tour. I appreciate A Place For Mom help, I didn't know where to start.

They take good care of mom!

My mother is doing well since her move into Pecan Point. She is adjusting pretty well and the staff have been very helpful and caring towards her, The community is clean and maintained well from what I have seen during my visits.

It was lunch time when my mom and I toured to find a place for my dad. The residents in the dining room sounded happy and a gentleman was there singing as entertainment. This community has several floor plans and sizes. It was clean and appears to be a good match for us.

I Saw A Nice Place While Touring

We liked Pecan Point at first when touring with them and I was very pleased with the care they provide. The community looked fancier. They were really really good at showing us the place and letting us know what they provide.

Very nice community!

My family visited Pecan Point and they liked it pretty well. The staff were very helpful and able to answer all of my questions. It was at the top of the list but was a little more expensive than others visited.

A Decent Community With Friendly People

I toured this community for my friend and it was decent. From what I saw the community looked well-kept. The staff was kind and friendly. They answered my questions and were very informative. I didn't feel they were able to provide the level of care my friend needed. It was a decent tour, but not the place for my friend.

Mom Is Doing Well Here

My mother is still adjusting to the community, but so far everything is going well. I know she is safe and in good hands. This is a very well maintained community, they do a good job with the cleaning. The staff is great, they have been welcoming and helpful. There are activities for her to participate in when she is ready. She is satisfied with the food. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her with.

I Would Recommend this Community

I would recommend this community if someone can afford it. My overall rating of Pecan Point is 4 stars. I rate the Cleanliness 5 stars, I rate the Friendliness 5 stars, I rate the value 4 stars, I rate the Care Services 4 stars, and I rate the activities 4 stars. The best things about Pecan Point is their Friendliness and The Cleanliness. The staff and residents are very friendly. This is a good facility.

She likes it there, they treat her real good.

She likes it there, they treat her real good. They are really nice there. She likes most of it. I would recommend that place, she is gone doing something almost everyday. They have a really good director.

They are doing a great job so far.

They are doing a great job so far. They are clean, and friendly, and attentive. All of that good stuff. Everything has worked out well. I don't have any concerns.

We were very happy.

We were very happy. They're pricing is competitive, and I felt like I got my money's worth. They were always very quick, and always were very cheerful. They were good about having entertainment going on, there was something available everyday. She never complained about the food. Overall it worked out well!

It's not a bad place by any means.

The community has a high turnover, so we never know the people who are coming in, and they don't check in on them enough. I think they are understaffed, and that the staff they do have doesn't do enough. We chose it because there was a lot going on when we visited, it looked like it would be easy to get involved. Unfortunately they don't come and get them to join in on the activities, so we find that it isn't happening as much as we had hoped. They enjoy the food. There are some staff that we like. Consistency is a real issue for them. I think their heart is in a good place, and the managment is in a good place. It's not a bad place by any means. They do take too long to take care of the maintenance issues that come up.

Broaden your horizons and experience comfortable living at Pecan Point, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Sherman, Texas. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Our apartments feature all the luxuries of home with full-sized kitchenettes and wall-to-wall carpet in spacious one- and two-bedroom floor plans that also include a number of safety features such as emergency call buttons and smoke alarms for peace of mind. Residents enjoy a carefree life with no cooking, cleaning or maintenance thanks to three restaurant-style meals served daily, weekly housekeeping with flat-linen services and an onsite maintenance team. Our caring and professional staff members provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living. Be assured that Pecan Point provides the quality care that allows residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in surroundings where support services such as medication administration are available around the clock depending on the level of care required. Our community is convenient to several local hospitals and pharmacies in case of any emergencies.