Renaissance-Sherman - Sherman, TX

Great!!

I have nothing but great things to say about Renaissance - Sherman. The staff has made the process my wife went through to hep her parents seamless.

Inviting Place to Live

Renaissance-Sherman is a very pleasant and inviting place to live. All of the people are friendly and there is plenty of opportunities to socialize. I just got through playing bing bag baseball. It was fun. They had a BBQ yesterday for all of the residents. And to top it off they had a snow-cone truck come and give all of the residents a snow cone after the BBQ. It was a lot of fun. My apartment is nice and comfortable, it has two bedrooms and is really nice. The staff is really friendly and nice. Even the kitchen staff is very pleasant and friendly. They offer different choices if you don't like what is on the menu. They have exercise classes & equipment, a beauty shop that I recently had my hair done there. It is very convenient. There's a pretty courtyard. And they are pet-friendly here. They provide transportation to go to the doctor, pharmacy or shopping, anywhere you need to go. The bus driver is friendly and helpful. Everyone here loves it here and they have nothing but good things to say about this community.

Great Activities!!

I have no complaints about how things had went for my loved one and I during our tour that we had taken of this community. I thought the staff did a great job with the presentation and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor they had as well as other amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Not the Right Fit For Our Needs

We had a very good tour and we liked the community a lot but they are misleading. They are an assisted living but one of my parents was not able to stay. They are for residents who are more independent. It is a beautiful and wonderful place but they were not a fit.

[Removed] gave us a great tour. She sat down with us and discussed what we needed and what they offer and different options.

Do not move here!

People say Renaissance looks wonderful when you tour, but it is a whole other thing to live here. I have lived here for years but not much longer. So many people have left and more are leaving. The food has gone downhill and is very greasy and boring and almost everything is fried or canned. The Personal Care Workers are always late with my pills. The New Director is awful and she is [Removed] this place. The Activities Girl and Sales Girl are awful also. All the Good Workers have been fired or left. My friend went to Wilson and Jones Hospital and the nurses told her how bad of a reputation this place has now. The things in the building break and are not fixed for weeks or months. Even light bulbs are not changed quickly. Do not move here and do not put your family here. I can not leave fast enough. What a waste, this place use to be wonderful.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I'm very disappointed to receive this feedback, I'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing it with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all our seniors and their families. Anytime a resident or their family member feels otherwise, or expresses that we've fallen short of achieving that goal, is a time for us to reflect on how we can better improve and serve our residents. I'd love the opportunity to connect with you directly and gather any additional feedback that you may have and wish to share. We value your feedback, and would love to work together in addressing your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon, either directly via phone at [removed], or email at [removed]. Thanks again for reaching out; we look forward to connecting with you soon. -Katie

Highly recommend this place!!

I have recently moved into this community and so far I am very pleased with how things are going for me in my new living environment. The staff have been wonderful and made welcome us with open arms. I like that every time I walk around there is always someone smiling and the staff seem happy to be there. The meals are great and they have a wonderful activity program available to all of us. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Come and good care

This is a nice community for care. the staff is nice and attentive to my mom's needs. I like knowing that she is in a clean community for care. The menu is outstanding. She is offered activities with the other residents and she is enjoying them. I would recommend other families to this community for the care of a loved one.

Caring for family

We toured this community. We found the staff to be nice and were able to answer the questions that we had on the care that is given. The community appeared to be clean and the menu was nice. We would recommend other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My mom and I toured this community for my dad. It was clean, very nice. The assisted living rooms are studio type rooms and not quite what we were looking for. The staff was very friendly and the few residents we saw seemed happy.

They need more encouragement!

This community was good, my mother lived here about a year but it was just too big. She never joined any of the activities that they had to offer and the staff never really encouraged her to. Oher than that, it was a good place but she is a community that fits her needs better now.

They are allowed to have pets!

The staff encourages families to participate in activities at the community. The entire staff are wonderful, polite, friendly and personable. The residents are friendly and welcoming. The community is always spotless when I visit. My parents love the food and there is a lot of choices. We were attracted to this community by the friendliness of everyone. They always have activities going on such as quartets singing and wine tasting. They offer a pool table, exercise room and I would recommend this community.

My mom is in an enclosed retirement community that is safe. This has worked really well. She gets a lot of interaction and seems pretty content and I am very pleased with the community. She seems to be content with the meals. He room has housekeeping and the residents are friendly. I sure would recommend this place to other who need it.

Mom's happy

Mom moved in last week! The Renaissance is a lovely facility and they have LOTS of activities for the residents. We found it to be a good value compared to other facilitites in the area, and the staff was very helpful in getting us settled. After one week, Mom says the food is really good!

Cheerful and Friendly!

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and tour at the Renaissance in Sherman. The food and service in the dining area was wonderful. We shared a table with a 90 year old resident, who was a delight. Everyone was so friendly and the facility was very bright and cheerful. I had originally planned to visit one other facility before making my final decision, however I was so impressed with both the facility and personnel that I decided not to wait. They also offered me a special on their move-in costs which was definitely a deciding factor for me? Thank you very much for your help!

Great Everything

All that is given here is great. Everything with the staff are great. Everything with the meals are good. I would recommend the community to others.

Friendly staff, good food!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Renaissance! Whenever I visit I'm always impressed with how friendly and respectful the staff are with the residents, and my loved one always says how sweet everyone is to her! She's also had good things to say about the food! They are definitely worth a look for assisted living in the area!

Impressed!

I am so STRIKINGLY impressed with Renaissance, and plus never imagined that they would be anywhere close to affordable, but I was so EXTREMELY surprised. I can really imagine my Mom as fitting in with the living environment, and identifying with the population and excellent staff.

Happy with the Renaissance

My mom moved in a few months ago and has been quite pleased.

When an elderly person moves from independent living to a different situation there will obviously be some adjustments, but my mom (>90) has frequently noted how pleased she is with her apartment, the food, and the staff. I consider us fortunate to have a facility of this quality in a town of this size. 4 stars is high for me.

I can't really assess the value because I did not do much comparison.

When she first moved in she was only going to be there for a couple of weeks before spending the summer away and then coming back. That created some confusion about getting care services set up for a friend with dementia who moved into the same apartment at the same time. I suspect the process would have been seamless if they weren't moving in only to leave for the summer a few weeks later. Also, she and her friend did not yet have a physician in the area and we did not understand that it is much easier to set up such services once a physician's orders are in place.

The activities are not really my mom's kettle of fish, but it seems that others quite enjoy them. I think she would participate more if she wasn't caring (to the extent she can) for her friend with dementia.

In summary - very glad she is there.

Couldn't be happier

My parents retired and wanted to travel and not have the burden of housework and yard work. A friend of mine suggested they look at the Renaissance. We looked at the property and were very impressed. Mom & Dad picked a 2 bedroom 2 bath which is pretty big and plenty of room for them. The best thing is the people there. Mom and Dad are really happy and have made some friends which has been really good for mom. Dad plays poker, bocce ball and Beanbag baseball and mom is playing bridge again and sewing with the ladies on a quilt. The dining hall is beautiful and they serve good food. In fact I read a review that said they did not allow canes and walkers in there which is completely not true! Both of my parents use canes and Dad even uses a walker on occasion and they take them straight to there table. Several people do park there walkers outside the dining area and walk in but they seem comfortable with short distances to do that. Mom and Dad are taking advantage of the travel program and staying in a Holiday property for free when they visit my brother in San Diego this Thanksgiving. That is cool, wish I had that. Anyway, great place, we highly recommend them!

Very nice place, friendly staff

Overall I'm very pleased with how things have gone at Renaissance of Sherman. The girls here are all really good with Mom, and very easy for me to work with as well. The facility itself is clean and well kept. My only issue is I've been having a little trouble getting them to update Mom's med list when I get a new one to them, other than everything has been great!

It's going well. I am pleased with them so far.

It's going well. I am pleased with them so far. I have been real pleased with the meals they have provided. They have good variety and are nutritious, and taste good. I know they have a lot of activities going on, but I would like to see a little more variety, and to cater to more what the residents need.

Falling Short

The dining experience for residents is very unsatisfactory because of the excessive amount of time it takes for a complete meal to be served. It is not unusual for it to take 1.5 hours or longer.

To add insult to this situation, residents are not allowed to bring walkers, or other forms of transport, in to the dining room, making it an unsafe experience for many.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. I'm sorry to hear that you are less than pleased with Renaissance-Sherman's dining experience. I passed your review onto our Resident Relations department and our Corporate Health and Safety Manager for their review. Please know you're welcome to call Resident Relations as well at [removed].

Thank you, and I hope we can improve your experience,
Katie

Ease your mind

I was really upset with having to move my father into an assisted living facility, but the Renaissance in Sherman, TX has made it simply wonderful and easy. My Dad is just so happy and content. The staff is wonderful and management is tops. Dad feels like he is living like a king and has made lots of new friends. I also am so happy to visit. Everyone has made a point to know my name and greets me with the most kind words. The atmosphere is great and the food is excellent. I thank God for sending me to the Renaissance and the staff for being top notch

Best Place in the Area

My parents lived here. It was really very very nice. It's the best in the area, I think. they lived there for 10 years and mother started the red hat society there. When they first moved in it was perfect for them. It was where their friends were. It was warm and friendly. They had a lovely apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. We had no complaints. After my father passed I needed to move her to Dallas so that's the only reason we left.

Beautiful Place with Lots of Amenities

It's a 3 story, large facility that's more like a Las Vegas hotel. I think it's more appropriate for people under the age of 87 or 88. People who are more mobile and can take advantage of everything they have there. The apartments are beautiful and they have lovely courtyards with trees and foundtains and grass. They have water aerobics - there are a lot of amenities. If she was younger and more able we probably would have chosen them but she's not, she's 100.

Very nice, I put name on th...

Very nice, I put name on the waiting list.

Had a nice tour today with mom and da...

Had a nice tour today with mom and dad. Director gave us the prices and we looked over the facility. Dad asked questions and seemed to be pleasantly surprised. I am hopeful that we will have a little more dialogue on this subject. All in all a satisfactory day. have spoken to this facility and am planning on visiting in August when i go to Denison. Very nice people. I have also received invitations twice since beginning for vet talks and ice cream social.

cost based on size of apt. apts unfur...

cost based on size of apt. apts unfurnished. lots of activities.

Nestled within beautiful grounds in the charming town of Sherman, you’ll love our warm and inviting facilities, friendly staff and the convenience of the nearby town. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and exciting local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind