Silverado Southlake- Southlake, TX

Do research

You said,"With more than 20 years of memory care expertise, we take pride in being a leader in our field." My family truly believed this when we made the difficult decision to move my dad into your facility. It was beautiful and the staff was great. After a couple of months, his physical and mental health began declining at an alarming rate. He was sleeping mostly throughout the day, he could barely talk (when he did speak, he just mumbled sounds), he had horrible sores, and he wasn't clean. The sores on his legs and feet became so bad that he had to be seen by a wound specialist. He became incontinent and would be left in soiled clothes for days, sometimes more than a week at a time which created more problems for him. He was in pain, but nobody was trained or cared enough to find a way to help him because he was combative (which is common for people that suffer from dementia and Alzheimer's). Your staff would try and calm my father down by giving him beer. On top of all the drugs he was given, now you top that off with alcohol to make it easier for you to deal with him. He always seemed drunk or drugged. There would be several times when the staff would call my mother in the middle of the night because my dad would wander into someone else's room and lock the door and refuse to come out. The staff would call to ask my mom to come and help. Isn't that what she was paying you for?!
Your facility sent my dad to a psychiatric hospital for being difficult/combative, and we later found out that meant he couldn't return. We were devastated, but that turned out to be a blessing. Come to find out the medication that your doctor had been giving my dad was speeding up the effects of Alzheimer's. We found a caring facility with a great doctor and wonderful staff. Since he has left Silverado his physical and mental health has improved. He seems happy, we have several conversations (that we can understand), he is clean now and even took a shower on his own. It's sad that we lost several months of him because of your lack of training and caring staff, but also not a surprise since the staff there doesn't seem to stay long. It's heartbreaking that people send their loved ones to be cared for at this facility believing that they have made the best decision, when actually they may be overmedicating them. Silverado seems to only want to help the frail and elderly. Anyone who is a problem is sent away. If this is truly a memory care facility, then they should be properly trained to care for all types of memory illnesses. Silverado sells you on the nice outdoor fenced in area with the water view, and the little putting green, the activities and the counseling, but they fall short when it really comes to taking care of your loved one. By the way, my dad escaped for several hours and was found 10miles away from the facility the first week. The staff was afraid to tell us until after a couple hours of not being able to find him. We never got any type of apology. Also, the director over the medical facility, [Name removed], will not return any calls.

Not Happy

We moved my son into Silverado Southlake for help with cognitive memory care at the referral of A Place for Mom. In truth, I feel like they shouldn’t have taken him because they really did not have the resources he needed. It’s a facility for seniors with Alzheimer’s, and really my son is too young for the community. Perhaps an older patient would have had better results, but for us, they were really only able to feed him and give him his medications. We called eight other places, and Silverado was the only place that was able to take him, but they shouldn’t have. They charged a huge amount for very little service. The staff was not very helpful or comforting at all. They were quite inexperienced, and turnover rate was constant. They were supposed to have a doctor into see him, but the one that arrived was only a regular medical doctor, not a cognitive one. They did have good food and many activities like games, live entertainment, and movies, but my son was not interested in participating. Overall, we were exceedingly unhappy with the level of care at Silverado, and we have since moved our son home.

They Are Doing Great

My dad is doing great, it was a little adjustment at first but going good now. We love the facility. It is bright and airy and there is more for them to do. They were my favorite when touring. I like that they can go outside and walk in the garden when he wants. They also have a mini golf course and he loves golf. The staff answer any calls and texts. He is starting to get involved with the activities and they sent us some picture of him being involved. He is eating all of the meals and it looks good and pretty healthy.

Silverado Representative

We pride ourselves in providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. We are so happy to hear that your father is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family. We hope you'll swing by the community for a game of mini golf!

Great place

My mother's stay at Silverado Southlake is going great! The staff are sure to cater to my loved one's needs and requests, and everything is kept clean and well maintained. Overall, I have no complaints about this facility!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado Southlake!

Friendly But Not The Right Fit

When we spoke about what they can do and what they can't do, they were not able to accept one with feeding tubes. There were no problems and were upfront when I asked them questions. It was helpful getting useful feedback to ensure I was picking the right place for my loved one.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

A caring environment

Mom was only at this community for a short time before she passed away. The caregivers are extremely professional and caring. They have such a natural routine for memory care. We could not have asked for better hospice nurses. One of the nurses even stayed with us when she passed away. We were able to stay in a room next door and they did not charge us for food. They welcomed dad and their service dog with open arms. I know she was safe we would use this community again.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of those affected by dementia. As always, our associates are truly committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents. Sending warm thoughts to you and your family!

The entire experience was wonderful - extremelly professional staff, immaculate facility, warm and inviting environment and very happy residents thanks to great staff.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates! They truly provide amazing care and service.

Happy With My Choice

I looked at a lot of community's for my mother and I knew when I saw this one it was the best choice for her. She is doing very well here and I very pleased with this community. It is very clean and spotless. The staff is great they are always willing to help when you need it. My mother enjoys playing domino's and bingo. They do keep the residents very busy with all the activities they offer. This is a caring wonderful community.

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that your mother is thriving at Silverado Southlake! Thank you for recognizing the amazing care that our associates provide. We hope that you will swing by the community to enjoy a complimentary meal with your mother or join us for one of our fun activities!

They really focus on showing dignity

Silverado Southlake Memory Care Community has been a good experience. They are still building up their activity program since they are a new facility. The staff are really friendly. They are doing a great job at accommodating my fathers dietary restrictions. They really focus on showing dignity to their residents and that is something I appreciate.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We pride ourselves in being the industry leaders in memory and dementia care and all of our associates are committed to providing our residents with love, respect and dignity!

They recently took this community over, and are still ramping up.

They recently took this community over, and are still ramping up. They have some relatively new staff and are still working on completing all the Silverado training. I think it has been an improvement for those that were under the old management. I think an established Silverado community would have a bit more structured activities, and some other things, that haven't quite been set up yet. The people are nice, I don't have any complaints about the people, or anything like that. It is a bit more expensive than other places we looked at though.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. Our associates are truly committed to providing life-enriching care to our residents. Thank you again for your review, please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

My mother calls it Silver Ridge Resort.

We are extremely pleased. My mother calls it Silver Ridge Resort. The food is like a five star restaurant, and the presentation is really special. They make the residents feel very special with the presentation. The atmosphere was very quiet and serene. It's back is to a retention pond, the property is 5-10 acres, it's a beautiful setting. The price is somewhat negotiable, and I felt it was very reasonable. She thinks the caregivers are so nice, and she really likes it there.

Silverado Representative

We love hearing from Silverado family members. Feedback like this truly motivates us to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments. We hope that you'll swing by to enjoy a meal with your mother and enjoy our scenic community!

An exclusive, newly constructed, small and very home-like community with separate 26 room assisted living and 22 bed memory care buildings providing a true continuum of care solutions for both residents and families, conveniently located just off Highway 114 and N Kimball Rd. next to the Gateway Church campus.

Since opening our first facility in Colleyville, Texas, in 2009, Silver Ridge has earned a reputation of providing the highest level of care possible, and delivering on our promise to our residents of providing them with Continuous Compassionate Care.

Our brand new Southlake memory care facility features large private and shared rooms all with private bathrooms, nurse call system in each room and bathroom, large outside patio with garden boxes and sitting area overlooking the private 5 acre lake, onsite beauty shop. All in a small home-like environment with an exceptionally high staff-to-resident ratio and great caregivers to fit the exact individual needs of each resident.