Dancing River Assisted Living - Grapevine, TX

I really like this place. Small, simple, nice people. Bigger kitchen than most (important to Mom). Great courtyard in the center.

A little tired

Dancing River Assisted Living was a nice and clean community. It was a little-tired looking and could use some updating so that it had better curb appeal. The staff members were friendly and professional. We chose another community that better suited our needs.

I Really the Tour and Experience

It was a very nice community when I had a tour. We liked this place a lot. This is where we would go if there is a change that is needed. They are a little bit more expensive. The person we met with was able to answer any questions we had and they were nice.

They Were Too Far For Me

I realized after I went to the community, it gets overwhelming to tour many places. When searching for a good community, location became an important requirement. This community was 10 miles away and would not be convenient to visit through out the week. The tour was great.

Comfort for family

I like the care here. The staff is outstanding and I like that they keep me informed on any changes on his progress. The variety on the menu if healthy meals are wonderful. I like that he is offered to get involved with the other residents in the activities that are offered.We would highly recommend this community to other families for the good care and value of this nice community for a loved one.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with my tour of this community. The appearance of the community was not good. They could do a better job with the cleanliness of the facility. At the moment they are transitioning with a new director, and I didn't feel comfortable with that. The room they showed me was small. I knew from my tour that this was not the community for my mother.

Dancing River

From my firs visit until mom moved in everyone was so nice! You can tell these employees like their job and this place. Food service to maintenance are helpful and kind. The place is clean and bright! Mom enjoys the courtyard with waterfalls and even a family of ducks!
Rate this place 150 out of 100!!!

loved the facility -[Removed] was wonderful, staff was friendly and residents seemed happy! Great option for seniors.

Great place but may be a little large and impersonal for my mom

A Recommended Tour!!!

The tour guide to start of was really nice and attentive. They explained the various common areas to the community like their library, cafe and outside patio garden. I thought the place was beautiful very clean. The staff were nice and most importantly it had great safety features.

Landscaping Needs Improvements

This is first thing noticed about this community, is that the landscaping needs improvements. When we got inside the facility it looked very nice and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. The marking person was informative and nice. They need to do a better job with the landscaping. The inside of the community is nice, but not the place for us.

A home for Dad

My father has just moved into this community. We are very happy with the excellent staff and they are are very helpful. Alot of activities are offered for him when he is settled and wants to participate in. The environment is very clean. Outstanding medical team in all areas for my father to have great care. We would highly recommend this to other families for care for a loved one.

Dancing River is excellent!

The staff are doing a wonderful job caring for my mother in law. They communicate all of her care needs with the family regularly. The community is very clean and organized. My mother in law has enjoyed the variety of food offered. They have a beautiful courtyard with a fountain that flows into a river.

Great staff, poor executive management

Mom was in assisted living and now memory care. Staff who work with residents are awesome and so caring. Management is not visible and the new director, who has been there about 6 months (there is a revolving door of executive directors), is never seen in memory care. If the people who care for mom daily weren't so awesome I would have moved her out.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your kind words about our Memory Care Staff. We definitely have a caring and dedicated staff and I am so proud of the work they do. I’m sorry, however, to hear that you feel our directors are not visible or available. I am very interested in discussing your concerns and ideas for improvement. Please feel free to call me at [removed] anytime. I look forward to hearing from you soon; Billy Redmon, Executive Director.

A Place for Dad

Our 90 year old Dad had been living in a Senior Retirement Independent Living apartment for the past 14 years, but his health and mobility had started to decline, so we began a search for an Assisted Living facility to move him to. Dancing River was on the list of places recommended by A Place for Mom. What we liked about Dancing River was it was very similar to the IL apartment he had been living in , but on a much smaller scale. The location was another key factor in our decision as it was convenient for his children to visit on a daily basis. The staff and caretakers are very friendly. He has only been living at DR for a couple of weeks, but so far, it's all good!

It could be better although it could be worse.

My Dad is a new resident at Dancing River and when he moved in I was wondering why the community didn't have some type of buddy system for the new residents until they are familiarized. i really think that would help. The home health agency the community uses is completely wonderful and they communicate with me unlike the staff at Dancing River itself. Overall, we are still trying to adjust but hoping that with time things get easier.

A Good Experience

The initial tour I took, they spent a lot of time with me and I did not feel rushed at all and came back several times to look at the place again. They really worked hard to get us in there. It was a good experience.

pretty good job

Dancing River Assisted Living is fine. She is doing pretty well. She is getting adjusted. They do a good job over there. The food has been iffy lately. I am not sure if that's because they have a new chef, but you know this is coming from mom. Overall we have been pretty pleased. She thought she had lost some jewelry there. But a couple of pieces had showed back up so I am not sure if she lost them or what happened. For the most part it is good and I would recommend it. There is always room for improvement but I think they are doing a pretty good job there.

They are wonderful.

They are wonderful. The food was good, we had gone there to eat when we toured. We were going to move our loved one here, but she passed away before we could. We had moved in furniture, and they were really good, about giving us time to get it out, and not charging us for the time it took. We loved the room it was wonderful. It was really nice and updated with granite counter tops. We wish we had found this a year ago so she could have enjoyed some time here. We tell people about them and I would certainly recommend them to others.

Dancing river was lovely. Wendy was very helpful.

Dancing river was lovely. Wendy was very helpful. It was clean and nice, and I really liked it. There was a bit of construction going on that made it difficult to get to. Ultimately, mom picked something more centrally located, but still a very nice option.

personable and helpful

I think their marketing person (Barbie) is great. Very personable and helpful. The receptionists as well are exceptional, certainly the kind of people you would want to first see when coming in the front door.

Dancing River is the Way to Go

While touring assisted living communities in the Grapevine area, I took a checklist and would take notes after viewing each community. Did the place smell, Did the residents look happy, how was the staff and their interaction with the residents, what is the activity calendar like, outdoor space(mom likes to sit outside a lot). Dancing River was the only community to get an A+ and it had everything we were looking for and more. Dancing River really is a magical place. I moved my mom in a few months ago and we couldn't be happier. Greg is the manager and he is so kind and attentive. It was a struggle moving mom out of her home and we definitely waited too late to make the decision. We let mom tell us when she was ready when really we should have helped her and made the decision for her. She is so much happier and when we walk down the halls together all of the staff welcome her and smile at her and address her by name. That may seem small but that really means a lot. There is another manager there named Barbi and she is spectacular. She helped us with the move and is an absolute angel. She really has a heart for what she does and it shows. I would definitely recommend Dancing River if you are looking for an assisted living community.

Livability

We’re very impressed with the livability, easy accessibility, and usability – the community just generally helps people acclimate to the community. The food is just fine. There is an outside area – there is a courtyard.

When we were first there, they had gr...

When we were first there, they had great management, but then the new management came in, they weren't clean, the staff weren't dressed nicely they just weren't proffessional, their shoes would be untied. It was bad. They just didn't know what they were doing, it was horrible. Their staff people were quitting and they would bring in people that didn't know what they were doing. I don't know who owns them now but I know what happened when he was there. Those people are gone. They fired everybody, and brought in new people, after we left. It's a beautiful building and the inside is nice. I would check it out to see what it's like now but that's how it was when we were there.

Country club feel

It's closer to our house but there are a lot of wheelchairs there. We liked it because it seemed really first class to us, like a country club. My mother in law wanted something more homey and didn't like that this was more of a country club.

Loved it. Brand new. Private suites. ...

Loved it. Brand new. Private suites. Included extras in basic monthly rent.

Very nice and upscale.