Atria Grapevine - Grapevine, TX

Atria Memory Care Grapevine should be shut down

My relative was at Atria in Memory Care for several months. I would not recommend this facility to my worst enemy. The aids are completely incompetent to care for patients with dementia. The management only wants to over drug memory care patients and put them to sleep by 6pm. The memory care facility should be shut down by the state. They are barely a baby sitting facility, but still charge memory care prices.
We explained the condition of my relative as advanced dementia when interviewing the facility. We were assured that Atria was very experienced taking care of patients with this condition. Complete LIE. They just want your up front fee and overpriced monthly fee. As soon as a patient gives them any issues (which is the definition of dementia) they will evict you. What they did to my family is inhumane. I do not know how these people sleep at night. Horrible horrible people and company.

Kate Vance

Hello, your comments are concerning, and I'd like to help. Would you mind to send us your contact information and any additional details you'd like to share at [removed]?

Upon entering, it was bright and cheery. [name removed] asked me if she could help me. She informed me that [name removed] would be the one that I'd need to talk with. I spoke with [name removed] of my mom's needs and she let me know, they could accommodate all her needs, plus more. She showed me the community and the floor plans that we were considering. The whole grounds were well kept, every body was very friendly and Mona knew all the residence! Thus far, this is our top choice.

Very beautiful, but feel it's too fancy for Mom.

Kate Vance

Thanks for your comment, and for considering Atria Grapevine. We also operate four other senior living communities in the Dallas-Fort Worth area: Atria at Hometown, Atria Carrollton, Atria Canyon Creek and Atria Richardson. Feel free to contact these communities directly if you're interested in taking a tour to determine whether one might be a fit for your family's needs. If you have additional questions, you can also contact me directly at [removed].

I was not impressed

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother and I was not impressed! I really didn’t like the lady who gave me the tour and I felt like she was just doing a sales pitch. It’s like she was selling a car or a product and was very impersonal. The building itself was outdated and smelled bad. I didn’t like the rooms and it was the same price as other places for something smaller. They didn’t have a lot of food options and there is a lot of traffic nearby. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking a moment to reach out. I'm sorry that the community wasn't a good fit. If you have anything else you'd like to share with staff, please feel free to reach out at [removed].

Amazing Life Guidance Program

What really made this facility stand out was their Life Guidance Program. It’s their version of a memory care program but it has been amazing. They do a lot of things to keep my Father stimulated like exercise and a lot of memory games. The staff members are very friendly and treat him well. I like that they have made his adjustment to the facility easy. The other thing I like is their food. I have eaten it myself and I like it. It’s more of a restaurant-style dining and they have two separate options for each meal. This facility is excellent and I would recommend it to other families.

Still Making Some Adjustments

Mom seems to be doing okay since she moved here. She is still trying to adjust but making progress. She tends to keep to herself so she is not joining any of the activities that the community offers. Most of the time she likes the food there are times that it could be better. The staff is friendly and kind very interactive with the residents. The community is always clean looks very good.

Nice Tour Overall Of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community, and everything went well. It was a community I was considering for my father, and his needs. The community looked nice, and clean. The staff I met was kind, and polite. The experience went well, but I did find a community that suited our needs better.

Pleasant Tour Overall

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and welcoming. The community was nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff I met was friendly, and helpful. All my questions were answered, and the experience went well overall.

Not a good day?

We were not impressed with the cleanliness and the smells at the Atria Grapevine the day we took the tour. The community itself looked well-maintained on the outside and the staff was friendly and helpful with the questions we had, we just couldn't get past the odors that we could smell.

I Liked Them Also

Atria was a nice community. It was a great and they were knowledgeable. They could answer any question I had. I can recall, they were able to go outside with supervision. I felt the memory care was more confined and in one area, away from everyone.

Unsatisfactory Experience

My mother was accepted to Atria but the staff were unable and unwilling to care for her. It was necessary to hire private caregivers while she was at this facility. I moved her to another facility within a week. The caregivers were improperly trained and had been at the facility for 2 days -1 month. It appeared that the med aid was there for a longer time but she was unwilling to assist my mother when she needed help. My mother was forced to sit a table in another room during meals.

I am a registered nurse and am knowledgeable of the training required to care for memory care patients/Resident's. I cannot recommend this facility.

Very Nice Tour

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well. It was one of my top picks for my mother, and her needs. The community looked good, everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff was friendly. The location of the community wasn't convenient for us to travel too, but my tour was very nice.

A little expensive.

This seemed to be a fancier community than we were looking for. The people I met during our tour were nice and the community was clean. This community has add on services and we were more interested in a community where the services are all inclusive.

Atria Grapevine review

Atria Grapevine was an answer to prayer. Not only was the location ideal for me, but the staff especially [Removed], made the decision so easy. They have gone out of their way to make the transition as smooth as possible for our mom, and we love that they have so many activities to keep her busy. The residents and their families have been so friendly. They have an ambassador program to help integrate the new residents into the activities. We have also been very pleased with the on site Dr, nurse practitioner, ad great home health - Pathfinder. We highly recommend Atria for anyone looking for a great place for their parents.

Pleasant Tour

My tour of this facility went well. Everyone was very friendly. The community was clean, and everything appeared well-kept. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. It was a pleasant experience. Everything went well, it was a good tour.

They Care About the Residents

My mom is doing fine in this community and nothing bad to report. The meals are thoughtfully prepared and fresh. The staff are active and engaged while being caring. I looks like a clean community, no odors. I would recommend the community to my friends.

[Removed] was helpful, friendly and the residents seemed happy - staff appeared happy.

Things have gone downhill!!

This community has seen some decline in the food since mom moved in. They have had some staff changes. The community is three floors and they offer a push button system for assistance. The staff are nice.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out. I'll be sure to share this with our leadership team. Did you know that we hold monthly Food for Thought meetings, to discuss dining preferences directly with our chefs? I invite you and your mom to join us next time!

I would recommend Atria!

The activities at this community are geared towards people moms age. The do not pressure the residents to participate. The food is good and they will even bring the meals to your room. The menu has a variety such as hamburgers and pulled pork. The food is geared towards dietary restrictions. The community is quiet and clean. This community is close to family.

Cheerful faces!

I really think they are doing a great job. The staff and the people here are very cheerful and super helpful. The staff is really responsive and they are alert to the residents. The food is good and dad enjoys the dining because it is not like a regular dining hall. Mom has gotten involved with some of the activities that they offer.

Atria is working well for both mom and dad.

Too much pressure !!

I am not to pleased with the administration at this community, they made my loved one and I feel very pressured and I did not have a comfortable feeling at all. They have called and emailed me multiple times after I told them it was not going to be the right fit for my mother and I did not appreciate that.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community and for letting us know about your experience. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our leadership team.

Confusing Layout

We toured this community for my mother in law and her needs. The community looked nice from what we saw. It appeared to be nice and clean. The staff was friendly and nice. The layout of the community was a bit confusing, and that was a big concern for my mother in law. It was a good tour, but not the place for my mother in law and her needs.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. We appreciate the feedback and welcome you to visit our nearby sister community, Atria at Hometown. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [removed].

Wonderful community for the right resident!

Atria Grapevine is a very lovely community. The tour staff were very friendly and courteous. They answered all of my questions but it was apparent that they were not medically trained. The community is very nicely kept and clean throughout. They do not offer a nursing staff which my loved one requires. If they had a Nurse on staff this would be a wonderful community for my loved one.

Wonderful place and people. They made us feel very welcomed.

We have enjoyed it. They have done a good job.

We have enjoyed it. They have done a good job. Having adequate staff at all times would be the only gap that we can see. I would give them a four.

Get everything in writing up front.

Food is pretty good however, there are long wait times. Atmosphere and environment is good. Cleanliness is fair--we have to come in and clean toilets and do laundry because Atria is not always on top of it. They seem very short-staffed and the aids are always late, or sometimes do not come at all when you ring for them.

The main thing that I did not like about Atria is that they are not transparent about their care fees, and they nickel and dime you. When I* visited, I spoke with a resident who told me "it is a nice place to live, but they charge for every single little thing, and they overcharge for the actual services that the residents get". That resident said her daughter was constantly having to complain and confront management. We just assumed that all nursing homes are like this. Too bad I didn't listen to that person because they spoke the truth! Now we are stuck paying more than what they initially told us it would be.

Katy Miller

Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we have shared your concerns with the community leadership. We appreciate your feedback about your experience and invite you to reach us directly at [removed]

I found the Atria to be thriving and active.

I found the Atria to be thriving and active. Sheila was full of energy and the people there were having fun. It was clean and nice. It looked like a wonderful place. We picked somewhere that was more centrally located for us, but this was definitely a nice option.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. It seems very clean in the common areas, and the staff has been approachable. We have had to ask for a little extra cleaning than they did on their own, in the personal areas. Their food was very good in the assisted living when I first tried it, and they said it's the same in all the areas. In the memory care section, I have seen a few meals, and they look good there too, and I have never heard the residents complain. We looked at five or six other places and felt that Atria was the best for assisted living. I am not sure that the assessment was as thorough as it could have been, we were assessed as assisted living, and within a day or two they knew that he needed memory care.

Katy Miller

Thanks for your review. We'd like to learn more about your experience, so if you're comfortable sharing with us, please reach out to us at [removed].

Very helpful and accommodating

They offer activities and have exercise classes and my parens both really enjoy it. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating. The place is clean and the staff is very friendly and they care for their residents. Overall, we are satisfied and I give the Atria Grapevine five stars.

We are happy so far.

We are happy so far. It's kept clean. The activities could have some more variety. We chose them because their staff seemed to be easier to work with than some of the other places we looked at. I am a pretty detailed person, and they were able to answer every question I had.

good food

The parking at this community can be a little limited – you have to park on the street because the available parking is limited. The food is very good. The staff is very friendly. The community is very clean and pleasant.

Good

It’s been good. There could be more activities or more variety to the activities they offer. They’re a clean community. The staff is very friendly and we’re happy with them. The staff is the best feature of the community.

They are friendly, and a very good value, that's why we chose them.

They have been very good. The food is a little bland, about a 4. There aren't really any complaints or things that could be done better. They are friendly, and a very good value, that's why we chose them.

Food needs serious improvement

I'm not as hands on as my husband is but their food is not good and there have been some other issues. I guess it's hard to keep staff and they change chefs. The food was good when she started but the portions are too small, she's a 100 pound lady so she doesn't eat a lot but what they serve is not enough. The selections are not reflective of what the menu says they're going to have, they don't have what they say they're going to. My mother in law is really not happy with the food, especially for the amount she is paying every month. We had talked to them when the original chef was fired because they brought her a piece of chicken that had foil underneath the skin. I just left a message for the person in charge and she acknowledged it to my husband. We wanted her to be closer to us but she chose Atria I think because the people seemed younger and they were moving around more, she also liked the homey feeling and thought it was a place she could feel comfortable in.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I apologize for your mother-in-law’s dining experience and I want to provide you with an update on the changes we have made. We want our residents to have the best experience possible at our community. Although we had undergone some changes with our dining staff, we now have a very strong Director of Culinary Services in place who is completely committed to exceeding expectations. New menus will be available in December with additional seasonal items. A manager is now in the dining room at least five times per week to ensure that any complaints are brought to attention of the appropriate staff. A food committee meeting has taken place and suggestions have been considered. As always, our residents can choose from over 30 items on the menu that can be made to order if they are not interested in the specials of the day, and they can request additional amounts of anything they wish. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Atria Grapevine was the nice...

Atria Grapevine was the nicest and friendliest places we had seen. We probably would not have chosen it if it was not for the 25% room discount that brought their cost in line with others we had seen. They are located very close to our home and I have been their several times and met a lot of the other residents. Their food is excellent.

Very nice and upscale.Rooms had a sma...

Very nice and upscale.Rooms had a small kitchen area.Facility had a media room, library and nice outdoor patio.Level of care provided determines monthly price.Will have to review closely as Atria may be too expensive.They will do an assessment on Mom and we may pusue that.This will provide info which would allow them to give an accurate fee estimate

I really liked Atria of Grapevine. B...

I really liked Atria of Grapevine. Barbi was very friendly and thorough. It is so close to my home. I like that it has both assisted living and dementia care under one roof.

nice place.

nice place.

A beautiful 3 story facility.

A beautiful 3 story facility.

Excellent facility. Great for assiste...

Excellent facility. Great for assisted living

Did have a visit at Atria. Liked the ...

Did have a visit at Atria. Liked the facility.

Not a Memory Care Facility. Nice plac...

Not a Memory Care Facility. Nice place. Friendly staff. Residents seemed happy. Clean and organized. But, only an extra wing added on for the memory care residents. No outdoor courtyard to walk freely around. Most all rooms were semi-private and small. Very convenient for me. Not the best for dad at this time.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I would like to clarify several concerns you mention in your review. We offer a Life Guidance memory care neighborhood, and all of our residents have access to an outdoor courtyard with a spacious back porch and covered awning, including a gardening area. We utilize this area several times throughout the week with ongoing active engagement activities such as exercise, golf, picnics, devotionals, and family gatherings. We only offer private single rooms for all of our memory care residents and no one shares a room with another person. We do not offer semi-private rooms. If you have questions or would like to visit again so take a second look at our outdoor space and our apartments, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

At Atria Grapevine, you’ll find the convenience of a big city in a small-town atmosphere. Enjoy exercise classes, educational seminars, and social activities like our weekly happy hour. Located between Dallas and Fort Worth, and about 10 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Atria Grapevine is near major shopping malls, outdoor recreation areas, community centers and places of worship.