Senior Star at Las Colinas Village - Albuquerque, NM

• Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Female & Male Residents

Review of Senior Star at Las Colinas

I want to say how much I enjoy living here at Las Colinas. I feel comfortable and supported. The staff show respect and kindness to all that live here.

Review of Senior Star at Las Colinas

I love this community! The staff, from the executive director, the activity director, including beverage plus food director, chef and the wait staff, nurses and the cleaning staff are all responsive to your needs. Also our receptionist people. I really enjoyed the special dinners we have. We can invite our relatives and friends to our dinners

Review of Senior Star

I feel comfortable referring ant client to Las Colinas. The truly care for their residents and the community feels like a family. I trust them to maintain a high standard and quality service.

Sheri Wood

Thank you for your 5-star review. We are so grateful for your trust and your referrals!

Review of Senior Star

Everybody that comes to check out LC needs to live here

Sheri Wood

Thank you for your 5-star review. We would definitely agree with you and we are so honored to have you as part of the Las Colinas family!

Review of Senior Star

My parents live as Las Calinas and are very happy there. I love coming to visit them, there is always something going on and the food is fantastic. I couldn't think of a better place for my mom and dad! We love Las Colinas and the staff!!!

Sheri Wood

Thank you for your 5-star review. It means so much to us that you would take the time to let everyone know about your family's positive experience at Las Colinas. We are so honored to serve you and your parents!

Review of Senior Star

My wife and I have lived here for many years. Las Calinas is a fantastic place to live. We moved here from another community and the difference in culture is palpable. We love living here!!!

Sheri Wood

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are so grateful to know that you and your wife are happy with your experience and can sense the difference in the Senior Star culture. We are honored to have you as part of the Las Colinas family!

Review of Senior Star

Very nice people that work here. The food is not very good. Can you please do something to improve it?

Review of Senior Star

I toured many communities in Alb. and Senior Star came out above all of them. This is my 8th year and I am still very happy and feel very lucky to have this opportunity. My family are happy for me.

Sheri Wood

We are so happy to see this 5-star review and to hear about your experience at Las Colinas. We are honored that you have chosen to be part of our family for the past 8 years!

Nice facilities.

Very nice facilities; however, the apartments are dated.
[Name removed] was very helpful in providing needed information.

Very nice dining area and open cafeteria hours

My mother lived here a while ago. Overall, it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great. The people were nice and the dining area was probably the second best in town, in my opinion. The food was very good and they offered open dining so you were able to get food whenever you wanted. However, the facility had a community washer and dryer so you had to wait in line just to get your clothes done. The cleanliness was good, though. Her room was cleaned once a week and had her sheets washed. It had a good value to it as well.

NOthing Short of a Blessing

Senior Star has been nothing short of a blessing for my mother. The employees who work there genuinely interact with the residents and families, and they genuinely care. They are very authentic and consistent in their care. The nurses are very thorough making sure she gets the proper medication and treatment. The food is amazing. It’s very nutritious and homemade every day. They have lots of activities for residents such as live entertainment, pools days three days a week, and off-campus trips. There’s also a donation committee to help residents pay for off campus trips no that anyone can go who wants to. The community itself is very well lit, very clean, they have a security guard to patrol at night, and someone is at the front desk 24 hours a day. This community is wonderful. It would be absolutely worth taking a look at.

Enjoying Her Time Here

My mother in law is so happy being here. I think it was the best choice we made for her. Being out of state we didn't have much to do with the search but her caretaker had taken her on tours and this community was the best fit. She loves everything about the community. My mother in law loves the food says it is very good. She is making tons of friends and is going on bus tours when offered. We would highly recommend this community.

WARM AND FRIENDLY WITH FIVE STAR STAFF

My roommate and I have lived here since 2014. Overall we give it a soft Five Stars. However, the staff and administration we give Five Stars, plus. They care. And, if possible they absolutely go out of their way to do whatever they can for you, with a big smile. If you or your loved one love people and love interacting with them, this is the place. Cleanliness....for the most part the halls and apartments have carpet. Hard to keep clean and without constant shampooing tend towards never looking well cleaned. Weekly cleaning is done well, including pictures and window sills. However, since "spring type cleaning" is not done, corners and under and back of things get very dusty. Gemini Care is on board, totally. They too are Five Star. Activities are from early morning to late afternoon - always something to do. Opportunities to explore the city and state. Lectures and crafts. Church and Social Hour. Lots of music guests. The bus drivers are wonderful and very helpful and kind. Maintenance is on the spot and always attentive and done quickly. No job, including changing your light bulbs is too small or too large for them. The one negative that decreases the value, in our opinion is the food. You must pay for all three meals whether you want them or not. Not all cooks are equal and it would be great if you could pick and choose your meals. This one negative is why we only gave value a Fair. However, the vast majority of our friends who live here do enjoy the food more than we do; however, they agree they would love to be able to pick and choose their meals; the ones they know are tastier. By the way....breakfasts are very good. The building is gated and there is designated parking for residents and handicap. Here, you feel like you are home. The atmosphere is warm and friendly.

Tour for care and value

I toured this community for a home for myself. The staff were very helpful and were nice to be able to let me know what is offered. They have a good variety of meals and the activities would have been helpful for me. I do suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Outstanding care for comfort and care

The care at this community is very nice and the staff is helpful. The menu is outstanding and she is pleased with the nice variety. They offered alot of nice activities and they are able to take small trips out of the community. We would highly recommend the care of this community for great care with a good value for other families.

Just like family!

My loved one is fairly happy with everything at Senior Star. She liked the people, she says the food is good, and the facility is kept very clean. She says that the staff are amazing, and we feel that they are the closest thing we could have possibly had to actually having family there taking care of her. If she has any complaints, it would be that breakfast is served a bit too early. Other than that, she is loving her stay!

I would recommend this community.

The staff are great about answering our questions and were very welcoming when she moved in. They introduced her to other residents. They offer daily activities onsite and off. Mom has enjoyed the exercise class. The food is incredible they offer fresh food and tons of choices. The residents were emergencies buttons. Mom wishes she would have moved in sooner.

Care and Patience

This is a great community for my mom. The staff is nice and caring for her needs. The menu of the excellent meals and we both like the nice variety. The community is very clean and that is important. The have nice activities for the residents, she likes getting out on small trips away from the community. We highly recommend the care her for other families and there loved ones.

This community is the greatest. Totally active and hopping!!!! Love the seniors and Crystal is on it. All the staff are so caring and involved to make life a priority and passion is shown in every area. Thank you Crystal. We love you guys.!!

Love this place. The staff is extreamly friendly and welcoming. The residents all seem happy and comfortable and are friendly as well.

Family atmosphere!

My parents are very happy with their move to this community. The food is terrific and the staff is more than willing to go above and beyond. My father accidently slept with the life alert and set it off and they were quick to get there. The maintenance does a good job when we need something they are quick to respond.

Friendly Staff!!

The thing I remember the most about Las Colinas was the homemade chocolate chip cookies they gave us during our tour. The people were all very friendly and everything was very nice, but my mother ended up choosing another community.

Smaller Apartments Were Available

This mostly was not a fit for my mom. We toured the place and saw they offered smaller units, she would not be able to fit all her furniture in it. The community also did not look as new and had a dated look to it. It was safe and fine but she would have to compromise something. On the visit the staff were personable and greeted us. There was not one negative experience. Overall they offered things she did not need. It was not the right fit and what she wanted.

Home

My mom is very happy here - the staff is beyond fabulous. Incredibly nice and always willing to help with anything and everything. They go above and beyond and the residents are all outgoing and kind. Most other places feel like hotels..this feels like home

Senior Star

Thank you very much for taking the time to share about your mother’s experience at Las Colinas Village! We are always looking for ways to enhance residents’ experience, and creating a sense of feeling at home is of utmost importance to us, so we are so grateful to hear your feedback!

Lovely Place!!

I really wish that they would add more items to the menu. I was told there would be many options and they keep repeating the same meals and only offer two choices. I really like that there is an elevator in the community i can move around much easier. I feel that it has been a safe community. The staff is very courteous and are always on top of things.

good place

The food is good. And the staff is real friendly. And my mom really like it. And it is real clean.

Kind and caring staff

The staff here is so kind and caring and they take great care of the residents. The facility is always clean and secure. The other residents here seem to be happy and well looked after. The meals here aren't bad either.

Friendly staff

My friend likes her room, but does not like the long walk to her room. She likes the food. The staff there is very friendly too.

Nice facility

My Mother-In-Law was there awhile ago. I thought it was a nice facility, but she was not very social, so we just put her in her own apartment which she prefers.

Las Colinas Village is a great place

Las Colinas Village is a great place. Everyone is really gracious and caring there. The staff are working on improving things continually and asking questions to better themselves. Unfortunately it is too expensive so we are going to have to take mom out soon.

I would not recommend them.

The assessment process wasn't very thorough. Shortly after moving in they asked us to move, because they were not able to take care of my loved one. The nurse there was very rude. We did not have a good experience here at all. I would not recommend them.

It all worked out

The staff is caring, friendly and professional. The tenants are happy, content and safe. The meals are healthy and delicious. Nice courtyard and tenants are allowed to have a pet. My dad is happy.

Los Colinas Village Review

My dad really seems to enjoy living at Los Colinas Village. He moved in about 2 months ago and is adjusting from living by himself in his home to living in an apartment/hotel style environment. The "down to earth" staff is very caring, flexible with the residents' needs and friendly. The food is ordered from a menu, which Dad likes because he has a variety of items to choose from. He can even order room service. There's also a salad bar. The facilities are clean. Dad doesn't mind using his walker, because everyone does there and there's even a parking station by the dining room for walkers! We feel comfortable to pay him frequent visits, because the atmosphere of Los Colinas is so "homey."

Staff is phenomenal!

Staff is phenomenal. For the most part it has been great. I think my mom sometimes gets upset that the facility isn't as "updated" as it should be, but it sounds like they are making strides to change that. Overall, as her son, I think it has been pretty good and she is enjoying it!

Seemed warm and inviting, could really see my parents being happy here but Dad thinks the price is too high.

Good place to live without worrying about individual bills.

Everyone here is very pleasant and helpful. They take every effort to ensure safety and look out for the residents. However, I think activities are planned with the older residents in mind and not much for the very mobile and more active residents. Food is very good and there is plenty of it. Overall a good place but a little pricey for private payers, though management does try to help out with finances

Great place!

We likes Las Colinas a lot, they are very good! The staff has been wonderful, caring, and they’ve bent over backwards to help our family during this whole situation. The community is clean, big, wonderful, and my father has enjoyed his time there. The community tends towards woman more than men. He has actually improved so much here that we might need to move him to a lower care facility, he also would prefer to have a few more men around to socialize with. But overall we really love the staff and think a lot of the improvement in his dad is due to their hard work!

Great Service Centered Organization and Program.

My family and mom are very pleased with Las Colinas. Finding an appropriate independent living community in my mom's price range was overwhelming. I toured a number facilities in Albuquerque. One piece of advice is not to be mislead by fancy marketing brochures or facilities. The critical consideration is their commitment to service and culture. Pop-in unexpected. Interact with as many staff as possible beyond the marketing rep. Stop and talk with the events coordinator, cooks, housekeepers, front desk and maintenance staff to get a feel of their service commitment. Ask about the average tenure of staff and turnover rate. Many places talk a good game, but when you cut through the talk, they are more focused about occupancy, stacking costs per services and avoiding legal liability. At Las Colinas, their newest staff member had been their 7 years. They also require all employees to provide value-added team services to residents such as free dog walking. All staff is courteous, helpful and friendly. They enjoy their work and it is reflected in everything - food, housekeeping, events and services. After my tour, Las Colinas immediately sent my mom a get well card and scheduled an assessment at my mother's rehabilitation facility. They stressed being a right fit to meet my mom's needs. As my mom is 66, they made sure that she met residents her age and younger. Las Colinas also provide great information about community resources. Their culture was reflected in their lease agreement, pricing structure and maintenance of their facility.

Review of Las Colinas Village Independent Living in Albuquerque, NM

Very nice. More affordable than others we have seen.

They were doing a really great job!

We visited this community and really liked it. They were doing a really great job! The staff was fantastic, and very friendly. We didn't choose it because of the location to us, and the fact that another community that I liked just as well, and was closer, offered me a special. This was a great place though.

Very happy

We’ve been very happy. I can’t think of anything wrong with the cleanliness. The staff is great. The staff and the residents are about as friendly as you could ever expect. Everyone seems to be happy there. We’ve eaten there a couple times and the food is very good.

Good training

The price is very comparable. Every family has a different situation. They have a really great program of activities. The staff is all trained on – where every staff member – every person that is hired – is trained on what it’s like to have dementia. So when a resident says something and promptly forgets – with the training, the staff knows how to deal with that.

Good value

They’re an excellent value for the money. We’re very happy with them. The staff has been great and it’s a clean and safe environment.

They are real happy with it. The staff are all very, very helpful.

They are real happy with it. The staff are all very, very helpful. The nurse is there all the time. The food is pretty good, not the best but, good. When we were moving things in the other residents kept coming up to us and telling that they were really nice people here and that the food was really good. It was good to see that the residents were so happy. We know someone who used to work here and they said it was a great place too, that's why we chose it.

I thought it was a neat place, but there really is a problem with the staff.

I thought it was a neat place, but there really is a problem with the staff. We had a very tough time with the staff and the director. I was very transparent and honest about our situation. They told me that I didn't need an assessment, then they decided she did, then they decided she needed a higher level of care, as this is an independent community. I think if they would have taken the time to get to know her they would have liked her. I liked that the other residents were so friendly, they were just really nice. They had so many activities that she got herself in trouble trying to keep up with everything, and wore herself out.

We anticipate a long stay.

It's a great place, she likes it quite a bit. It's pretty expensive, buy they were able to work with us on price. The food is great, the people are all really nice they take care of maintenance immediately, the grounds are beautiful. They not only allow dogs but they also have free dog walking services. They are pretty immediate in responding to anything that needs attention. They check on them regularly. They have been very helpful, and it's been a lot better than we anticipated. They have activities and stuff going on all the time, they even had a live band come in. The apartment is really nice.

Walk through

Upon visiting las colinas, I was impressed with the overall comfort of the entire location. This includes the staff, activities, cleanliness, and more especially, the residence smiles. The location is opposite part of town for me. I left feeling that my mom will be taken care of and her comfort of life will be high for her. Distance was not a factor anymore. She has earned this level of living.

$1800 - 3000. no buy in. me...

$1800 - 3000. no buy in. meals and until included 130 activities. 8 floor plans.

They will Bend Over Backwards!

The people are great! They are willing to help you in way possible. What makes this place is the people. My aunt ended up getting stuck in rehab for four extra days. I came down from Long Island, the people at “Las Colinas Village” let me and my sister live their for the four days and they treated us wonderful, they even fed us. Las Colinas is willing to bend over backwards to do anything that will help you to be as comfortable as possible and they wont even take a tip from you for their help, believe me I tried. My aunts room needed shelves the maintenance man came in and put them up without any pushback, they are winding the door to accommodate my aunts wheelchair, and since the room is a bit bright for my aunt they are even putting up extra curtains. Everyone that I spoke to who visited other arrears all said that “Las Colinas” is the best no other place compares’. Added bonus “Las Colinas” also had some of the best pricing. Only thing is it’s in an industrial neighborhood, I wish they had more property for a small park so the people can at least go and walk around.

Did drive by. Beautiful green lawn an...

Did drive by. Beautiful green lawn and bright colors. Location - not sure. Good visit with director. The bldg itself is about 30 years old, but has been occupied by SeniorStar for about 20 years. Lovely green lawn, flowers and pretty trees. Courtyard has roses and other flowers as well as elevated flower boxes so that people do not have to get on their knees to work in them. Also a fountain and 2 outdoor firepits. Inside, the decorating is tastefull. Things go together and do not look as if they've just been thrown in to make the space look warm. The halls are more narrow than most. The apartments are pleasant with adequate closets which have doors. Kitchen is big enough with full size frig, stove, oven and dw. Light fixtures are updated. Pull cords in the bathroom with intercom in the living room. A variety of activities are programmed (See calendar provided). Different levels of help can be contracted. Dining room on 2nd floor overlooks courtyard. The staff throughout was pleasant and spoke with me as an individual.

very friendly staff. great cookies. ...

very friendly staff. great cookies. rooms were a little old. not great neighborhood.

My mother lived here for about 2 year...

My mother lived here for about 2 years. Was just fine. think we can do better.

Liked real well.

Liked real well.

This property provided more of what I...

This property provided more of what I have been looking for for my dad. The staff is very aware of what is going on with the residents without interfering with their independant lifestyle. I liked the room and the overall look of the property. I really enjoyed meeting the other folks. The fact that they will take my dad to the church he used to attend was a big plus.

liked it very much,convient location ...

liked it very much,convient location liked the adtmosphere and people looking at studio and need to contact va.

no on site assisted living, but nice ...

no on site assisted living, but nice staff and activities. apts are nice. but location not best

It would be a great option for somebo...

It would be a great option for somebody who could afford it. Definitely a place to continue living and enjoying living. the staff are all very caring people.

Welcome to Senior Star at Las Colinas Village! Las Colinas Village is an independent living community located in the heart of the “Land of Enchantment” where the Sandia Mountains cast their rosy glow every sunset and our residents live an enchanted life of their own. It’s a community filled with friendship, sunshine, and lots of ways to embrace life. In fact, we offer more than 130 exciting activities each month. Our relaxing southwestern décor, convenient daily transportation services, continuous 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. dining and 24-hour staff enable our seniors to find their perfect blend of leisure and activity, with plenty of time to stop and smell the roses in our lovely courtyard garden, grown by our own Green Thumb Club.

Las Colinas Village is an inviting community with beautifully landscaped grounds that are an outward expression of the lifestyle you’ll find inside. Our individual residences are attractive and bright – waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings.