Camino Retirement Apartments - Albuquerque, NM

Awfully old facility, dark and fake flowers and dark and old furniture in the halls. Wouldn't want to have any one stay in this place unless it was an absolute last resort. I'd get depressed just walking in. The Director didn't even know he had the appointment with me gave me a tri-fold brochure and that was it. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless they are on medicaid and, again, it's a last resort. No views, nothing that made it pleasant to visit.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your review. So sorry you did not have a positive experience at our community. We were ready for your visit and sorry that the Director was on the phone with a family member when you walked in. As you mentioned to staff, Camino is an affordable option and we are sorry that the moderate, affordable price made you question the quality of our care. Our mission is "warm and comforting community" and we take great pride in the care provided and the loving atmosphere fostered by staff. We invite your family member to visit and judge for themself. We wish you the best in your search for your relative's retirement option.

No better place for Mary!

Brent [name removed] from A Place For Mom was the biggest help when it came to finding the perfect match for my friend. Since Mary moved into Camino she has been very happy and really enjoys the food. Although this place is not as upscale as others the services they offer are beyond amazing and far more than what you would get at any other community. The staff is very helpful and cooperative! I couldn't be happier!

Lisa Witt

We strive to make Camino a warm and comforting community and are delighted to hear Mary has settled in so nicely. We believe our staff is a key to resident happiness —thank you for noting the key role played by our caring staff. Thank you for your review! Keep us posted on how things are going.

The management of the Camino Retirement Apartments can only be summed up as outstanding!! I placed my 94 year old mother in their care and she was treated was exceptional care and compassion right up to the very last day of her life. I will forever be grateful to CJ Patterson for his commitment to her dignity & the promise of total respect to her & to her family. He provided staff who truly cared about my mom and was sad when she passed on.
Thank you CJ & Lynn.
Christine

Lisa Witt

Christine, sorry to hear of your mom's passing. We are pleased to learn that CJ and his team provided quality care and compassion to your Mom while she lived at Camino Retirement Apartments. That is our goal for every resident. We pride ourselves in having dedicated and caring staff and we appreciate your "outstanding" feedback.

It's a good fit for mom

The people are friendly. From what I can see it's pretty clean. They care for my mom and she's comfortable there. They have some activity scheduled for everyday like Bingo, a trip to the store, or entertainment. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the food is lacking. For instance on Sunday's they often serve a sack dinner because the kitchen is closed or on limited staff. On holidays like Christmas and Easter the kitchen is closed for the evening meal so they serve sack meals for dinner. I'm glad my mom has some place to go for these important meals but I'm sad for the people who can't get out to only have this kind of food on special days.

Lisa Witt

Sorry for the delay in responding. Camino has such special Christmas and Easter and other holiday meals and celebrations for its residents. For Christmas, there is a live band, a special meal, gifts and candy bags provided for the residents. Egg nog is served and residents seem to appreciate the big celebration. The Christmas party may be a day or two prior as many residents celebrate Christams and Easter with their families. Residents are well cared for on holidays, but the big party is often the day prior so that all residents can participate. Please speak to CJ the Executive Director about any concerns you may have. He will work with you! Thank you for reaching out.

Camino Retirement and Assisted living Apartments.

A family oriented home. Very caring staff and management.
We selected "Independent" living . The room we selected is large. Have a full sixed bed, dresser, chest of drawers, TV stand, Couch , coffee table ,& 2 night stands. Very large window faces west. Get the afternoon sun. A/C and heater work very well. Bath tub has a section cut out to allow easy and safe in and out of the shower. If anything goes wrong the maintenence staff reponds in a quick friendly skillfull way. Of 5 stars give it a "5".

Lisa Witt

Thank you Judy for your review. We are delighted that you are happy with your choice of Camino Retirement and Assisted Living Apartments as your home. We strive to make Camino a warm and comforting place to live and glad you consider Camino to be "family-oriented."