Lake Barrington Woods - Lake Barrington, IL

For Mami & Papi. Beautiful, loved it. Very clean, wide hallways, big bathrooms, bright, cheery, everyone smiling and friendly. Seemed very big. Private pay only and too expensive.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback; we appreciate your review and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Tour for care

I toured this community for my mom. The staff was nice and the environment [Removed] was clean. The community was clean and I liked the variety on the menu and the healthy meals that would have been offered. We liked the list of activities. We wanted something closer. This community has a lot of offer. We would suggest that families tour this community for care

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your review of Lake Barrington Woods! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Moved in April 2017

Caring, knowledgeable staff. Really good activities and programs for residents. Cozy atmosphere throughout and good size apartments. Nice outdoor patio.

A Wonderful Place to Live!

My Mother has lived at Lake Barrington Woods for a few years in assisted living. We are very happy with the care she gets, the friends she has made, and the staff is wonderful. They go out of their way to help her and not too long ago we had a party for her there and everyone had so much fun! Every time I visit, everyone, staff and residents, are always smiling. My whole family couldn't be happier, this review was long over due. Thank you LBW for taking good care of my Mom.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review; we appreciate your confidence in our team! We are delighted that your mom is enjoying her home with us.

Not Run Properly

The food is not good. It is obvious that a lot of it was previously frozen. The service is terrible. Two hours each meal, because they continue to be short-staffed. Silverware is usually dirty. There is a low morale among residents due to staff not respecting their time.

List of my Mother's needs that was agreed upon at the beginning of her stay has not been adhered to. Plan on quitting your day job so you can manage them. I had to tell them to brush her hair, change her underwear, cut her food, allow room service when she doesn't want to go to the dining room, all of which was in the agreement before they decided to breach it.

Caretakers are loud in the hallways when they socialize.

My mom liked the facilities very much. The challenge is that they dont have apartments avaialable. Before we make a deposit, we are looking at other options.

The food isn't very good, but not as bad as others

This was only marginally better than the last place we were. The food isn't very good, but it's a little better than where we were before. The waitstaff don't bring the right things, their clothes are dirty with food on them. They have nice people, but not what I would expect from a world class establishment.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We continuously foster our team members to seek out new internal opportunities at Senior Lifestyle. Within the last 3 months, we had wireless internet installed throughout our entire first floor and will continue to explore the opportunity to incorporate it throughout the community. We do not have any partnerships with a third party company regarding caregivers. If you would like to discuss our assisted living options or any other concerns, please feel free to contact me at [removed].

Michael Ross, Executive Director

SLC Midwest

We wanted to update you that we are continuing to work with our dining team to make the experience an unforgettable, best-in-class one. If you have any additional concerns, please reach out to Mike at our community line. Thank you again for your feedback!

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. We don't have any complaints at this point. It's clean and the staff has been friendly.

A Great Experience

Our experience with the Lake Barrington Woods so far has been wonderful. We looked at some other places, but they are just so helpful and they are quick when we ask them to do something and really it has just been a great experience.

good experience

Lake Barrington Woods is going really well. I just wish it was closer. The staff is friendly. The facility is clean. Overall it's been a very good experience here.

wonderful!

Any time I go to visit my mother in law a Lake Barrington Woods , all the staff is so friendly and helpful. They encourage her to get involved in the activities, which she has done. I really think the place is wonderful!

We met with [removed] yesterday. She was very helpful and professional. The community one time fee of $4500.00 is a deal breaker. [My loved one] also had concerns because the community is 4 stories with 192 unites in an emergency it might be very difficult to evacuate.

extremely helpful and friendly

overall the experience with Lake Barrington Woods has been pretty good. The staff has been extremely helpful and friendly and helped to make it a very smooth transition.

My loved one liked it.

We used Lake Barrington for a respite stay. It went well, it was nice, and the staff was friendly. My loved one liked it. We would use them again in the future, it was a good stay.

Review of Lake Barrington Woods Assisted Living in Lake Barrington, IL

Nice place but in the middle of no where, not near any high ways. Nothing sparked our interest. Tour guide was late and couldn't stay on task.

SLC Midwest

My name is Autumn Fuesz. I am the Executive Director at Lake Barrington Woods. Thank you so much for your feedback. We understand that your time is valuable and apologize for not starting the appointment on schedule. While our location is remote we are fortunate that our residents enjoy a peaceful and scenic setting. That said, our residents are actively engaged in our on-site life enrichment programs in addition to enjoying local attractions via our transportation services. If Lake Barrington is not the ideal location for your loved one, Senior Lifestyle operates communities through the greater Chicagoland area. Please feel free to call me and I would be happy to assist in your search. Once again thank you for your feedback.

I give LBW at least an 8 out of 10. I could live there some day.

We call Lake Barrington Woods, LBW, affectionately.

LBW is a wonderful place with a couple of exceptions.

1) There is high turnover among the upper level managers. They have a new Executive Director and hopefully she will have some affect.

2) They do what it takes to make the residents happy. But... that may not always be in the resident's best interests. For instance, a resident may ask for more and more pain pills than they should have. They will give them the pills without looking at the big picture just to keep the resident happy. To me this is a big issue. I find I have to keep a close eye on my relative so that I know what is going on with his health.

But...the rooms are laid out well. The food is very good. They have a lot of activities. The staff is kind and always has time to stop and say hello. If you need something all you have to do is ask anyone and they will help you. I like the emergency pendant that each resident wears around their neck. I like the swimming pool and the work out room. They have more activities than any one person can attend and they do encourage you to attend some of them. They have a VFW post in the building and they have a Men's club.

Bottom line is if you want something ask. Don't assume they don't have it or you can't have it. A lot of times they will go out of their way to accommodate you.

Very nice community

Things have been working out very well for us here! They're a great community, I'd give them top marks in everything. We toured a few options in the area and this was the place we were most impressed with. It's very nice looking, and the staff are all very friendly. They also seemed to offer a few services that other places we looked did not, laundry, etc.

SLC Midwest

On behalf of the staff of Lake Barrington Woods we are so happy that you and your family have found a great place to call home! We strive every day to make an impact on our residents lives. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to share your experiences. If you would like to contact me directly, my name is Autumn Fuesz, the Executive Director, you can reach me at [removed].

Beautiful, safe, clean, bri...

Beautiful, safe, clean, bright. Top of the line food. Long walk to apt. Not mom's usual community.

The [removed] cost of a 2BR/2BA unit...

The [removed] cost of a 2BR/2BA unit. 2 meals a day weekly house; linens washed weekly (have to do personal laundry), access to programming, (exercise classes, art studio indoor pool) utilities included (not tele/internet) 26 floor plans largest with washer/dryer in unit = $4350; low end $3650.

Retirement and Assisted living

Retirement and Assisted living

Celebrate the freedom, embrace the lifestyle, indulge in the service and cherish each moment of your day. Lake Barrington Woods offers exceptional retirement living with endless opportunities. The essence of our independent lifestyle will come from the serene setting. Beautifully landscaped areas compliment the expansive, wooded grounds. You can socialize and relax outside, with easy access from the grille, club lounge and dining rooms - we're sure you'll enjoy both the scenery and the tranquility. While indoors, unwind by the fireplace in the club lounge or get busy in the country kitchen. Participate in a water aerobics class or tone-up with a personalized fitness program in the adjoining fitness center.

Your monthly service fee covers a full spectrum of convenient services and amenities. An easy-to-understand fee structure allows you to manage and invest your assets as you choose. Our on-site Assisted Living program provides a continuum of care for residents needing some additional support to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.

Choose from a variety of one- and two-bedroom floor plans. Once you choose your lovely, private residence, you'll quickly come to enjoy our high-quality services and amenities, the feeling of security, the convenience of scheduled transportation and maintenance-free living.