Eastgate Manor - Algonquin, IL

Would NOT recommend

The screening to get in to Eastgate Manor in Algonquin Illinois is Ridiculous and Absurd!!!!!!!! Everything was going well until the dreadful day my Aunt had to go through the last screening process. That particular screening entailed my 86 year old Aunt sitting in a small room, which was extremely cold, with the so-called "professional" asking her foolish, ludicrous, nonsensical and outrageous questions and testing her for 4 hours straight with only one 15 minute break and unable to go to the bathroom when she needed to. I know it was for 4 hours because I was sitting there waiting for her.
Are you insane to do this to the elderly!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Aunt was extremely distraught, perturbed, flustered, felt belittled, flustered, shook up, angry and Very upset.
For a whole week after this so-called screening, my Aunt was so upset to a point where she was crying every day, angry and lashing out, not wanting to eat and did not want to see anyone. Is this the way you treat the elderly!?!?!??!? If so, I would not and do not want my Aunt, parent, brother, sister, Uncle or anyone else for that matter anywhere near this place.
You can believe me when I say, I definitely will not be recommending this place to anyone!!!
As a professional in the Healthcare field, I was astounded and flabbergasted by this ordeal that my Aunt was put through. For what...just to get in to your facility!?!?! I know for a fact that there is no known specific testing to determine dementia, alzheimer's or any other sort of memory loss issues. For you to put the Elderly through this type of "screening" is wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
I have since placed my Aunt in another facility that is much more beautiful, the staff is more attentive, caring, understanding and compassionate. She is thriving and very happy living in her own apartment, taking charge of her life, taking her own medications, attending activities and making a lot of friends.
Again, I would NOT recommend Eastgate Manor to anyone!!

Needs improvement...

I was not impressed with the Eastgate Manor. I did not even go inside because when I pulled up, the parking lot needed some work. From what I could see, the building was not maintained very well. I was also crunched for time, but I did not like my first impression of the place.

A positive atmosphere!!

My mother liked the Eastgate Manor a lot. She liked the positive vibe that she got when she walked in the door. The place was great, but at the time that we turned, they did not have a room available. Also, at the time they did not have indoor parking. If it would not have been for those 2 things, she would have moved there.

My tour!

This community seemed tiny and crowded. They also seemed more interested in getting the money and not about my mom's needs. The community seemed clean and the food was ok. The person that took us on the tour was nice.

Very Well Maintained

The community was very alluring. The staff was very friendly. There were a lot of activities available for the residents. The only negative comment i have is that they did not allow cats. Overall very nice place.

I would live here!!!

They offer a lot of activities and day trips at Eastgate Manor. The staff are communicative and welcoming of mom. They let her know that the community is here for her and that she has a lot of voice in how things go for her. They are patient, helpful and understanding with the family. She is pleased with the food. I would recommend this very clean community.

Review of Eastgate Manor - Algonquin, IL

I liked the facilities. Apartment was a bit small. Negative is they dont allow pets. Big positive is that they accept Medicaid. Gathering requested documentation. In my list for consideration.

They are doing a really good job.

They are doing a really good job, I am very happy with them. They have transportation to church and things, and plenty of activities. The only complaint about the food, is that there is too much of it. I would give them a five, we are really happy with them.

Nice place

Overall things have gone well here for my loved one, I think they do a good job. It is a nice looking place, they keep everything clean, and the staff are all very friendly and professional.

We couldn't be happier with how smoothly things have gone.

She is very happy with it, and is very happy with the fact that if she wants a hot fudge sundae, or something not on the menu, she can ask for it and they will get it for her. The dining experience is good. The atmosphere was very comfortable for her, not too fancy, she can wear jeans and sneakers. The sinks are small and not very convenient for hair washing. They have a switch or clip or something that they can set so they will know if the residents have come out of their room in the morning, after a while they will knock and check on them if they haven't come out. We couldn't be happier with how smoothly things have gone.

Very pleased

My loved one has been here for a few months now, and she seems to be happy here. They do a great job looking after the residents, and the staff are all very friendly and professional. The food seems above average for these types of places, and has been good every time I've tried it. I really liked the atmosphere here, it was a bit more personal and warm than the other communities I looked at. The woman in charge of admittance, Carrie Svenson, was particularly helpful in helping us work through all the paperwork we needed to take care of.

Lovely 2 room apartments. ...

Lovely 2 room apartments. Didn't like breakfast buffet. Poor TV room. Very expensive.

Nice, homey place. Takes Me...

Nice, homey place. Takes Medicaid, but does not have the level of assistance that may be required.

No Animals $3246/month $574 Aq Ft. ...

No Animals $3246/month $574 Aq Ft. Good Menu with many alternatives Low salt - no diabetic or caloric considerations Weekly Housekeeping Pull Cord in each room. No bathtub in room - Need to go to 3rd floor for communal tub. If the day comes where Ron can't administer his insulin he will have to move. They will do laundry at no charge.

I liked this Assisted Living but it i...

I liked this Assisted Living but it is not secure.

We really liked Eastgate Manor. It w...

We really liked Eastgate Manor. It was very clean. They offer many things for the residents. It offers our family member the assistance he might need, but still lets him have lots of independence.

Part of the magic of retirement is that it's time to relax and enjoy all you've worked for through the years. It's time to dream. Time to socialize. Time to take up a new hobby.

Because we are a rental community, there is no long term financial commitment or ownership through an endowment fee. Your savings can be spent on the things you enjoy most in life.

Assisted Living services for those who need care with bathing, dressing, medication reminders and other services.

At Eastgate, we are committed to giving you the comfort, service, and gracious amenities you have come to expect out of retirement.

We hope that you will share in the excitement of making our dreams become your reality.