Three Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care - Cary, IL

Person we met with never addressed any resident by name - sad after she said she had been there for 2 yrs.! We're looking at "companion" suites and theirs was extremely small. Don't think this facility will work for us.

Great Community!

Care staff very friendly and caring. Residents look happy and well care for. Very helpful and supportive management. Team work!

POOR Management...Both the executive and Director of Resident care are horrible. Lack of support on there end's to help caregivers. When clearly when you come in, you can see caregiver struggle to give proper care to the residents. Management needs to step up and help them. NOT set behind there desk, or stay in there office.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear this but appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We can assure you that the care provided to our residents is our top priority, along with on-going training of our staff members. If you'd be willing to provide more feedback, please reach out to us at [removed] so we can assist you further. Thank you.

Did not do a proper evaluation!

I chose this place for my mom originally because the location was convenient, the building is beautiful, the food was fantastic, the rooms are nice, and the staff was wonderful. It would’ve been great for her, but unfortunately for both of us we had a horrible experience. The nurse from Three Oaks originally came to my mother’s home in Chicago to evaluate her to see if she would be eligible for their establishment. I told her up front that she was rejected from another assisted living facility because she needs extra care and I was continuously told it would be “no problem”. The nurse told me she would be eligible, so we made the move from Chicago and a day and a half later after moving her in, they were having problems. I was getting calls all the time saying that she had fallen out of bed or something else bad had happened. I had to go out of town and they told me that I would need to hire a live-in because they did not evaluate her properly and she would need more help than what they could provide. That was costing me $190 a day! Even after hiring the live-in, she still had to rely on the facility to help with my mom! I had to pay for her food and for her sleeping quarters because they would not help furnish a spot for her to sleep. My mom was only at Three Oaks for 2 weeks and there were nothing but problems, so I found another place for her to go. There is way too much miscommunication going on here.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience during your mother’s stay with us, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. Please know that we make every effort to ensure that our residents who are coming to stay with us have met certain criteria. It is unfortunate that at the time of move-in it became evident that your mother no longer met that criteria. We will continue making necessary evaluations to our assessments to ensure events of this nature do not happen in the future. In the event something like this does happen, we take every measure possible to make sure we are caring for our residents and ensuring their safety and wellness until alternative living arrangements are made. We would like to extend our sincerest apologizes if any communication during this time period was unclear. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director, if there is anything else we can help with or if you would like to speak with someone directly about your experience.

Lots of activities!!

I had a tour of this property for my father and I have no complaints of how things went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions that we had for them in detail. I was impressed to see they had different activities going on throughout the building for all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision for my father.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a good one. Everyone was very kind to my family and I. The tour went well, and the community appeared to well maintained. The staff I came across was friendly and nice. It was a pleasant experience, but we did find a community that was closer to us.

One of My Top Picks

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. This is a lovely community, and it was one of my top picks for my mother. The staff was very friendly and gracious. The community looked very well-kept, everything I saw was neat and tidy. Budget was an important factor when considering where to move my mother too. We found a community that fit the budget better, but this is a very nice community with friendly people.

Great Experience

My Father is doing well at this community. It is a good fit for him and his needs. They are caring for him well. I like the staff they are kind and always willing to help. It has been a great experience.

Level of care has not been consistent!

The community at Three Oaks Assisted Living was wonderful when our loved one first arrived but things have changed. The community has reduced the staff because of recent resident vacancies. The staff that are left are stretched very thin in having to assist all of the residents. My loved one has not been receiving the level of care that they were once providing when our loved one first moved in.

Hello,
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. While we regret that your experience with our community has not been as positive recently, we are aware of the situation and your concerns below are being addressed. We are hosting a job fair and bi-monthly open interviews to recruit new help and continuing providing the best service possible to our residents. If you'd be willing, our Executive Director, Keun Lee would like to speak with you at Three Oaks, [removed] ext. 212 to discuss ways to improve your experience with us. Thank you for your input, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Like a second family!!!

My 91 year old mother has been at Three Oaks in assisted living now for over a month and our family has already seen a very positive change in her physical and emotional well being. The entire staff calls her by name and they have become like a second family to her. Everyone is so genuinely caring and friendly to my mother and to all of her guests. All questions are answered as soon as we ask them. They are truly the best and we couldn't be happier with our decision. Our mother is very happy! She has her independence in her own apartment but knows care is just beyond her door. She also loves the activities, especially the entertainment! The residents have been so friendly as well!

Beautiful community!

Three Oaks Assisted Living is a very nice and updated community. It is very well kept and clean throughout. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of our concerns. They offer a number of activities for the residents to enjoy. The units were very nice but they only had a Studio available when we toured.

Communication

It was great working with staff during the application process...even though that process was long and arduous! Wish there was an easier, softer, more consumer-friendly way to doing business!

Once admitted, we found the property very home-like and lovely! The only on-going problem has been internal/external communications. We found it to be confusing and sporadic. Doesn't mean we don't like the community; we're just hoping that communication between staff and residents' families improve!

Perfect home for dad

With the updated, open and clean atmosphere upon entrance, I felt right at home when looking at placed for my dad. The level of care he receives is wonderful and everyone in the building is friendly.

We moved Dad in in August of 2015, after searching for the best fit for our family. Though his needs for assistance are not great right now, we wanted a place that he would be able to gradually receive more care as he needs, with the decline in his memory from Alzheimer's.

We were very nervous about moving him into an assisted living facility, but he has settled in nicely. He has made friends, gained healthy weight and engages in many of the activities and trips they offer.

Three oaks has been very good for my DAD.

I moved my Dad there in July 2015. He did not want to move into a Assisted Living but he needed more help then I could give him alone. After going there and meeting some of the people a few times and seeing the grounds and everything they offer He warmed up to the Idea a little.
July 2016 one year later. He loves it. He has made so many friends and staff has all been very nice to both of us. They help find little things for him to do to keep busy and He loves it.

If you are willing to do the activities they have a number of things going on everyday. The activity department is very friendly and always looking for new things to do.

I was able to set it up so my dad gets a hair cut every month even if he don't remember to make a appointment.

With my dad living there and getting the help they offer and supply has made a huge difference.
I can now focus on him and our time together not all the things he needs help with.

I would have given it 5 stars but My dad don't like chicken,turkey or fish so when it comes to food choices he is very limited i wish that was different.

I cannot say enough nice things about Three Oaks!

Both parents are current residents of Three Oaks and since we have started this process it has been great! The staff have all been very pleasant and accommodating. They really seem to care about their residents and any complaint my parents have made have been addressed in a timely manner. Both of my parents really enjoy the food and the activities which have really helped stimulate my Mom. She looks healthier since moving in which really warms my heart ! I am very happy with the results so far and are very excited for the improvement yet to come!

They need an onstaff podiatrist there. She needs help with taking care of her fingernails and toenails. I would like to see her toes and nails done more ofent.

I Have No Complaints

I was forced to put my mother into a facility. Long story short she lived two hours away and had a minor fall so I thought I would just have her live with me, but the fall made her have considerable dementia and I could not take care of her myself. The facility is only four minutes from my house. They treat my mother very well. I have no complaints.

Clean and Pleasant atmosphere

Three Oaks is clean, and has a pleasant living atmosphere. Overall the staff is knowledgeable friendly, and do seem to really care about their residents. My mother has lived there for 7 months and is adjusting to assisted living life. She has not always been completely satisfied, but the staff has always tried to accommodate her the best they can. There has been much discussion among residents about the meals recently regarding the quality. It is my understanding residents have not been happy with the food, and hope things get changed soon. Overall Three Oaks has been good, and i believe they are striving to make it better.

My husband and I would recommend Three Oaks to anyone! My father-in-law has lived there both in a 2 bedroom apartment and then a studio apartment. Three Oaks is warm, bright, clean and beautifully decorated. When we take Dad on an outing, upon his return to Three Oaks we can clearly see that he feels he is back home. All of the staff are helpful, compassionate and caring. They go above and beyond. We never worry as we know our loved one is in good hands and that someone will call us if there is anything we need to know.

Nice place but extra hidden charges were too much.

Three oaks was a nice place. It's clean and new, and the people were friendly. We did move out though, because after the price was agreed upon, and we moved her in. Once we got there, they tacked on a couple of thousand dollars, in extra charges for specialized care that she didn't need. That made it no longer affordable.

Outstanding!

My mother has been at another competitor and this place really has something remarkable going on in comparison.

The Residents Club is priceless and something you will not find anywhere else. I have visited numerous places multiple times and have always looked at their schedule compared to what is going on and this place is not just selling it but actually are providing the services they should be all the time. The people in the Residents Club have structure and they are being challenged and engaged, and given the dignity they need.

There are so many people involved in the running, planning, and organizing of this facility that it's just impressive.

Three Oaks Assisted Living is very good.

Three Oaks Assisted Living is very good. We are happy with it. In the three months our loved one has been there, there has only been one meal that wasn't good. I'd say that's pretty good.

Three Oaks is FABULOUS!

Absolutely FABULOUS! My dad was there for almost two years before his passing. Everyone there is kind and compassionate and I think he got the best care he could have ever received. The staff becomes part of your family and they certainly consider all the residents as family members. Yes, it can become quite pricey, but there is no "buy in" and your lease of the apartment is month to month, the cost of knowing that your loved ones are in a safe, clean environment and being well taken care of is priceless. The cost is determined by how much care they need plus the rent of the apartment. My dad's care cost did go up considerably from the time he moved in, but when we moved him in he wasn't taking much medication, was capable of walking and getting himself dressed and was able to get down to the dining room by himself. He was 90 years of age when he passed and needed them to do everything for him. Every bit of money that we spent was soooooo worth it.

My dad has resided at Three Oaks sinc...

My dad has resided at Three Oaks since October 2013 and it has been a very good experience for all of us. He was in a nursing facility before moving to Three Oaks - Three Oaks is nothing like a nursing home. It is clean, has good food and has wonderful, caring staff. Individual apartments ranging from a shared apartment with separate bedrooms to a 2 bedroom individual apartment. Many activities daily and a flexible team looking to make the transition a success.

Getting Out

We love the caregivers that My issue is with recent changes in cost. Even though my parent was at the highest level of care, because the corporate office issued a new computer program (working toward going paperless), my cost went up $1000.00 per month. Family members of other residents had their cost go up as much, one saying their family member went up two care levels. This extra cost does not get my parent more care, better care or extra care. It just allows the caregivers to use tablets instead of pages in a notebook. Sad, sad, sad!

Deana Liss

We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with our recent changes in cost. We take special pride in our ability to provide the highest level of care for our residents. The basis of this change is so we can implement the most accurate system of assessing our residents and their care needs, making sure we are up to appropriate standards and truly delivering the best possible care. Although it may seem that we are just replacing paper with electronics, the reality is that our new system is necessary to maintain care for our residents in the most efficient way possible. We would encourage you to reach out with any other questions you may have about this system and how it will benefit your loved one.

...they are not equipped to accommodate assisted living...

They say that they're assisted living and memory care but they are not equipped to accommodate assisted living, or they don't realize what they are really supposed to be. They would let her sleep through meals. They called me to tell me that she needed to go to the E.R., they called me instead of 911. They sent the wrong patients records with us.

Disgraceful Professionalism

I currently have a relative who stays here and for the most part she enjoys it. Well, enjoyed it I should say. From what I have seen is pretty much all of the caregivers, nurses and management reminds me of a highschool girls locker room. Always spreading rumors of different residents and employees also saying extremely inappropriate things about other residents. There is no respect for privacy within the staff. One of the most surprising incidents was an [removed] women from management sharing private resident information with staff and other residents. Extremely unprofessional and unsettling.

Deana Liss

We're grateful you took the time and effort to leave us such a detailed review. While we wished you felt stronger about our staff, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. At Three Oaks Assisted Living we try to give the residents a quality place to live that they will enjoy -- this also means we strive to abide by the guidelines set forth in HIPAA. Your concerns are important to us, and we would like the opportunity to speak with you directly about them. If you're willing, you can give us a call at [removed].

Beautiful, safe, clean, bri...

Beautiful, safe, clean, bright. Walk to apt. Not very far. IS mom' usual community. NO VACANCIES.

Health Care Professional Gives 5 Star Rating

When touring Three Oaks Assisted Living it is obvious that the amenities and activities offered are fantastic. The staff members, nicknamed endearingly by the residents as the "Blue Angels", a testament to their compassionate sprit and blue uniforms, is just one example of the gratitude displayed due to their exceptional care. The community offers Assisted Living and Memory Care programing that is tailored to each residents individual hobbies, likes and abilities. I think it is wonderful that this community has become a resource for local seniors.

Possibly low staffing

The caregivers and the girls are fine, im having issues with a couple of peopel in the administration, I don't find them very personable. They have been accomodating and I'm not saying they have to greet me everytime I walk in the door, I just find them "matter of fact" like "This is the issue, we solved that, that's done". I won't say all of them, just a couple of them. Up until recently I was very pleased with the care, I would have preferred if the checked on her more and if they have pull cords in the bathrooms like the do by the beds. I've been happy except for that one day, I've been pleased will of of that except for the occurance that happened and the girl that was scheduled the day this occured, I told her that I wasn't pleased with the situation and she said she was very sorry it happened, they're usually more up on stuff. There are more people living there now than when my mother first moved it, so I don't know if the staff is low or what.

Less than friendly residents

I don't have a lot to compare it to, mostly the residents don't seem all that connected with each other, the staff is really friendly, would absolutely give them a 5, there just doesn't appear to be a lot of intereaction at all between the residents that I've witnessed. I can't say there's cliques but there was one time when my loved one asked to sit at a table and they said no. They claim that they're happy just to stay in their room, but the staff does make an effort to get them out fo their room and do things. They have a residents club which is their welcoming memory group for new residents but my loved one hasn't really gotten in to that. We have had a hard time with one particular issue which seems like a simple thing that should be managed by them. That was my main issue with the care but other than that its been fine.

Small Community with Individualized Care

They're very friendly and it's very clean. They came down on their price for us. If it was their original price I would've felt it was a little overpriced.

It's a small community so my father gets very individualized care but there also aren't that many men there. There are maybe 5 of 6 other men and not too many men's activities. There's a men's group, a card group, and a men's movie night, but it's limited. My father needs medication management and they weren't ready to give him his medication the first night he was there. I'm not sure what the problem was but that is the only problem we've had.

The community is brand new. It's only a year and half old. My dad likes the meals and has been eating very well since he's been there.

Dedication to Memory Care

The reason we chose this community is because my mom really like the layout of the community. They have a dedicated memory care area. We looked at multiple memory care community and this is one of the better ones. My mom really likes the food and is really enjoying being there. The staff is really friendly and made my mom feel welcome.

Beautiful new building. A l...

Beautiful new building. A little too elegant. Can't afford the private studio. But seems like a great focus on care.

Number 2 Choice - Denise is...

Denise is fabulous - we need to bottle and sell her spirit and enthusiasm. She talked to Mom and already identified a great group of women for her to be a part of. Very focused on integration which was important to us as Mom can be quite shy. New facility - smelled good - staff knew the residents by name. Apartments nice, bright, but no one bedrooms available and we want to move Mom in May. Only downside is Mom did not enjoy potential interaction with the Alzheimer's patients - brought back memories of her Aunt at a memory care facility. The other is the location on 4 corners - safety for driving out of parking lot on to busy street, walking (and no treadmill in the fitness center). If Mom had Alzheimer's, this would be the #1 choice.

Welcome to Three Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care, a well-appointed retirement community with 93 senior apartments located in the Village of Cary, Illinois, near Crystal Lake, Barrington and Huntly. Here you or your loved one will receive help with daily living and/or support for dementia, along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.

In the heart of McHenry County 45 miles northwest of Chicago, the quiet Village of Cary has dozens of parks, including nearby Jaycee Park and Lions Park, where you can stroll, picnic or fish in pretty ponds. Or, just a few miles away in Crystal Lake, you can visit the historic downtown or the Raue Center for the Arts.